Who of us still with 1020 as the only and main phone?

nmnsgr

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Lets initiate a thread in the Windows feedback app to include 1020 for the WP10 in future.
I m fed up of the stupid Microsoft strategy to leave out previous phones everytime they revamp the OS.
I lost out when the WP7 was upgraded to WP8
And now again when WP8 was upgraded to WP10
I am now fed up of this and have already moved to Android - Mi combination.
MI updates their UI version more frequently yet keep it available for all their devices.
Microsoft is taking the customer for granted and I am very sure that unless forced I will not buy WP anymore; even the haloed (see what i did their) surface phone.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Lets initiate a thread in the Windows feedback app to include 1020 for the WP10 in future.
I m fed up of the stupid Microsoft strategy to leave out previous phones everytime they revamp the OS.
I lost out when the WP7 was upgraded to WP8
And now again when WP8 was upgraded to WP10
I am now fed up of this and have already moved to Android - Mi combination.
MI updates their UI version more frequently yet keep it available for all their devices.
Microsoft is taking the customer for granted and I am very sure that unless forced I will not buy WP anymore; even the haloed (see what i did their) surface phone.

MS already decided that the 1020 cannot run windows 10 effectively. That's a decision made and it doesn't look like it can change.
If you believe that Mi can give a better experience, then use it.
By the way, which company is Mi? I've never heard of it .

SL2

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
MS: "The 1020 will get the W10M when available"
MS: "Give us feedback and help us improve W10 M on 1020!"
Users: "It doesn't work that well.."
MS: "Right, as a solution we've removed the first statement!"

Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong???

Sure, it's an old model. but is it really slower than the slowest model that actully can get the upgrade? Anyone who knows?

I think this is a consequence of cutting MS workforce rather than the 1020 hardware not cutting it. Either way, we're screwed.

nmnsgr

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
No man you arent the only one.
They maybe thought that the L1020 users will upgrade to 950s anyways or they wanted to force them onto it.
L1020 was always a demanding set of technology chops
even in the original piece they had a customized OS and Processor because of the amazing RAW output.

But its a branch of phones they should have pursued. L1030 was most awaited phone at a time.
I just think MS has lost complete focus from consumer side and only focusing on the enterprise side.

And hence as a consumer I exercise my right to leave them.
Now i have been with Mi for a year and its wonderful. Recently updated to their flagship model Mi5.

nmnsgr

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
MS already decided that the 1020 cannot run windows 10 effectively. That's a decision made and it doesn't look like it can change.
If you believe that Mi can give a better experience, then use it.
By the way, which company is Mi? I've never heard of it .

Mi is MOBILE INTERNET also known as XIAOMI
trust me these guys are more focused to deliver great consumer experience than MS.
They have not left even a single mobile handset behind while upgrading till date.
And they are bloody innovative.

farhanaxiq

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
i wish someone at Microsoft would make a successor to the 1020, I miss using my 1020 as a daily driver, now using a 950, I miss xenon and 41 megapixel. I would still be using my 1020 if the usb isn't broken

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Mi is MOBILE INTERNET also known as XIAOMI
trust me these guys are more focused to deliver great consumer experience than MS.
They have not left even a single mobile handset behind while upgrading till date.
And they are bloody innovative.

Doing a brief search online I found that some of their older devices are still on Android Kitkat while others are on lollipop. A few recently got marshmallow. So I don't think your claim is valid that they have not left a single device behind.

Which is to say, upgrading older devices to the latest OS is a rare thing and not every company can pull it off. Not MS, not samsung, not Xiaomi or LG.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I would have never left this phone if it had an SD card slot.

But it doesn't... so Lumia 950 it is. Now my wife is loving my old 1020 to death. She refuses to even try anything else lol

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Still on my 1020 after 2.5 years, 8.1. Probably going to be on it a while longer. Two major problems I have with the phone are 1. focus; both with video and still photos; it seems to be getting worse on the still photos. :( gonna have to stick with manual focus for somethings. 2. the email app tells me about once a month that my Yahoo account needs updating; it doesn't but the email app thinks it does...

My 1020 passed last week. After acting up a bit for a couple days, it just gave me the sad face. :( I tried the windows recovery tool, reloading the firmware, but my laptop won't acknowledge its existence.

I'm using a 950 now. I like it in general. the camera is much quicker to use, which is great for catching my toddler in action. I am amazed how many little bugs W10M still has. The menus fighting between hamburger and ellipsis = / ... is annoying. Menus in general for some apps seem poorly setup.
Windows hello is cute, but generally not faster than PIN entry. I could see a fingerprint reader being much more functional (one always grabs a phone with their hands to interact with it, versus holding it up to ones face...)

MurphieB

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Retiring my 1020 soon. I am not excited about it's, or any other, replacements, but the 1020 just doesn't cut it any longer for myself. Moto g4 plus is what I'm getting. It was inexpensive enough for me to justify purchasing it. I've owned Nokia phones exclusively for over a decade, no more unfortunately.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
1020 is the last great Nokia phone. After 3 years, mine got deteriorated, and in fact I purchased another one. With Windows Phone 8.1 Denim it works like a charm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)