Windows 10 Mobile build 15245 Discussion (Fast Ring)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...er-preview-build-16275-pc-build-15245-mobile/

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-16275-pc-and-15245-mobile-now-available-insiders

General changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

1. This build also includes all the improvements from KB4034674.
  2. We fixed an issue where the MTP service would sometimes crash when you disconnected your phone while a file transfer is in progress.
  3. We fixed a spin loop that was occasionally triggered by deleting a VPN profile.
  4. We fixed an issue where apps which call into the firewall (such as Microsoft Edge) have the potential of becoming deadlocked and the app hangs until you reboot your phone.
  5. We fixed an issue in the routing engine used by apps like Maps where the initial direction was always set to North which could result in unnecessary route segments.
  6. We fixed an issue where Silverlight apps that use GPS would either not start or crash.
  7. We fixed an issue where a non-default Messaging app (e.g. Skype) would crash with an Access Denied error when changing Download messages settings.
  8. We fixed an issue where the new Privacy Consent popup would block loading of apps which used the activity detection and pedometer sensors.
  9. We fixed an issue where turning on/off Reset Protection could cause the phone to reboot.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 3 (?) build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15245, discuss it here.

Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
[/INFO]

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Well, I'm back. W10M, I can't quit you baby.

One positive side effect of the hell of hard resetting and setting up from scratch is that I have a working Store live tile again (if only intermittently).

I'll post more on the new build after I've lived with it awhile.

Last edited:

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Did the update last night. I had an issue on my always-docked X3 where continuum wouldn't reconnect to the monitor or mouse but that seems to be fixed. Now if only Starbucks worked.

Sent from mTalk

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
On my 640. Running well, no reboots or lock ups. Battery life seems to be the same, which is pretty good. Of course I am just using it on wifi, no cellular, so that helps the battery.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@zocster, sorry to hear you were under the weather... hope all is well.
@Mark Kaplan, are you any where near "HARVEY", if so...hope you are doing OK!
@Kerry2112, I didn't think you could stay away for too long:)

This build is working pretty much perfect... but! my battery "may" not be lasting as long:(

FWIW: I won that Dell P4317Q Multi-device monitor, from WindowsCentral.com give-a-way, and it works great with the 950XL hooked up to an OEM cable:):):)

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Having a weird issue with battery indicator. I suspect it's not showing the correct level (rose far too quickly/high when briefly plugged into charger and fell far too quickly/low after only light usage). I will keep an eye on it next couple of days and post feedback if confirmed.

vinayakm

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I received and installed the update late night on 27th August. Since then I've noticed lesser battery drain (compared to the past couple of updates). But all has not been rosy. I've been having the following issues:

1. Streaming music over bluetooth: Connects fine to my HU and music plays. After a while, the music breaks and then automatically resumes with a lot of audible crackling. As the music progresses, at some time, the crackling goes away and sound quality becomes normal. Then again, music stops and the cycle continues. In some cases, the song slows down and speeds up again. This issue is not noticed when playing the music over wired headphones

2. Connecting wired headphones: When I connect the headphones in-call or while music is playing over the speaker, the phone does not seem to detect it. I have to unplug the headphones, turn off the music, plug the headphones back in and then play music to listen through the headphones.

These may be tiny niggles, but these are issues with everyday activities which adds to the frustration.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am back on the Fast ring now with my single SIM 950XL.

I have to say, so far, it's better than the last build. No lockups or crashes yet.

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys -

On my X3, the phone tile is sticking. When i receive a call and voice message, it stays on the lock screen and tile even after the message is listened to and deleted. I did do a hard reset in the prior build to reset everything then. Before the reset, my phone tile did not work at all.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
No issues, last 24 hrs. - running good! (950XL), though... battery still seems just a little less durable then it was 2 builds ago (last build I had a couple of stuck apps, constantly tying to update, that I'm sure drained my battery faster than normal).

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Just put it on my new to me 650, working great on there as well. Very smooth. This phone feels and loos so great, if only it had the 950's camera and RAM it would be perfect, but it is still fast for what it is.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
No issues, last 24 hrs. - running good! (950XL), though... battery still seems just a little less durable then it was 2 builds ago (last build I had a couple of stuck apps, constantly tying to update, that I'm sure drained my battery faster than normal).

Yes, I think battery life is not quite as long with this build. It's hard for me to say exactly, as I am on vacation and not using the phone as I normally do, but it seems standby battery life has fallen from the outstanding performance of a couple of builds back.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@Kerry2112, 'Vacation' as in full-filling the honey-do-list, or 'VACATION' as on a ocean liner, sailing the high seas...chugging beer, dodging North Korean ICMs. Mine consisted of the prior:(

Either way, enjoy my friend!

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
@Kerry2112, 'Vacation' as in full-filling the honey-do-list, or 'VACATION' as on a ocean liner, sailing the high seas...chugging beer, dodging North Korean ICMs. Mine consisted of the prior:(

Either way, enjoy my friend!

A bit of the former, none of the latter. But some decent relaxation mixed in... :)

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I think battery life is not quite as long with this build. It's hard for me to say exactly, as I am on vacation and not using the phone as I normally do, but it seems standby battery life has fallen from the outstanding performance of a couple of builds back.

That's the case on my L1020 also (which ain't supposed to be using this build)...battery life is down an appreciable bit. I have now left the Lumia camera battery pack on permanently, or while this get fixed.

Actually, this build seems to bring back issues that I had not seen in a while.
-- Quite a few unwanted reboots, among them.
-- There also is a sort of faint screen flicker to the camera viewer -- regardless of camera app -- that appeared with this build. It almost looks as if the camera is constantly hunting for a fine-tuned color balance that never gets decided on. It's probably something that affects L1020's only but reported just in case
--Several other little things that I have to fully pin down and try to fix first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo