Windows Phone 8 definitely coming to 2nd gen handsets, probably to 1st gen

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
According to a guy (wich name i can't remember but idg said that he was close to MS). Sad that about three weeks ago on twitter.. tobad i can't remember his name but not a suprise for me..

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It's what I've known and had been saying this whole time. Why wouldn't they be updated especially since there's pretty much no difference between Gen 1 and 1.5 devices.

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the fact that Microsoft hasn't officially come out and say that Apollo is upgradable for the current Windows Phones make ppl worry (including me). They know ppl are worried about it which could potentially affect the current sales and yet they choose to remain quiet..there must be a reason for that..

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think the fact that Microsoft hasn't officially come out and say that Apollo is upgradable for the current Windows Phones make ppl worry (including me). They know ppl are worried about it which could potentially affect the current sales and yet they choose to remain quiet..there must be a reason for that..

And I just hope and pray that reason will be a joyous reason for all of us. I personally know people who are just reluctant and delaying to get windows phone coz of the fear of not getting Apollo. They'll rather wait to get a good and confirmed news before purchasing and this delay can affect Microsoft sales. Haven't they realized that enough to come out with something??

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
By the time apollo comes out i'll be probably be due for an upgrade anyway, but the thing that worries me is that even if my mozart will be upgraded, will my carrier bother to do it.

It now seems clear that MS are not controlling the update process, and i'm still waiting for th 8107 update. Whether the networks can be bothered to support WP7 or 8 is the big problem.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I think that support for windows phone 8 and windows 8 will not be a problem, since the two will be much more connected.

mtaylor100

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprise.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
All I want is a new phone (900) WITHOUT the disappearing keyboard. Its driving me nuts. AT&T sucks!

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
By the time apollo comes out i'll be probably be due for an upgrade anyway, but the thing that worries me is that even if my mozart will be upgraded, will my carrier bother to do it.

It now seems clear that MS are not controlling the update process, and i'm still waiting for th 8107 update. Whether the networks can be bothered to support WP7 or 8 is the big problem.

MS IS in Control of the update process: NO-DO - mango - tango - Apollo

any minor OEM or RTM bug fix that is not related to the MS/WP OS directly is out of ms's control

like the 8107 update is a RTM/OEM bu fix update , its not a MS update.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow, just read an interesting new

Microsoft reps claiming Windows Phone 8 definitely coming to second gen handsets, probably to first gen | WMPoweruser

Perhaps all devices will get the Apollo update. What do you think??
There is NOTHING OFFICIAL in that link. It's more like "a friend of a friend told me" kind of thing. To be official, it has to come from Microsoft.

...like the 8107 update is a RTM/OEM bu fix update , its not a MS update.

Um...what? The 8107 IS a Microsoft update, dude:

New maintenance release for Windows Phone

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
There is NOTHING OFFICIAL in that link. It's more like "a friend of a friend told me" kind of thing. To be official, it has to come from Microsoft.

Um...what? The 8107 IS a Microsoft update, dude:

New maintenance release for Windows Phone

yeah BUT!

Quote from the update article:

The update, available to all carriers that request it, is part of our ongoing maintenance of Windows Phone. For more details on what’s included, check out Update History on the Windows Phone website.

its not a FORCE update like NO-DO-mang0-tango..etc.. MS made the update but its 100% up to the carrier to release it!

so again its OUT of MS's control!!!! but it will probably go into TANGO for does that dint get it. ( like they did with the last updates )

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
MS IS in Control of the update process: NO-DO - mango - tango - Apollo

any minor OEM or RTM bug fix that is not related to the MS/WP OS directly is out of ms's control

like the 8107 update is a RTM/OEM bu fix update , its not a MS update.

I seem to remember waiting forever to receive the NoDo update from AT&T, so I'm not sure MS was really in control back then.

The Mango update came fairly quickly though.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I seem to remember waiting forever to receive the NoDo update from AT&T, so I'm not sure MS was really in control back then.

The Mango update came fairly quickly though.

that's because the update is regulated by the Carrier with Queues,

they don't release the update to ALL device at once to prevent server overloads ( like what happened on Iphone with IOS5 ) so they roll it out to a selected amount of people.

you can use the FORCE update method to get around it and get your update faster.

as for the 8107 , if your carrier dint roll it out , then you wont get it ( unless they put it in TANGO witch I think they will )

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, there is a reason. It's an unannounced product. Microsoft does not speak to them. Joe wouldn't even say the word "tango" not long ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb