Without Verizon support, is WM10 DOA?

RitualLow

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: where are the lumia windows phones?

Yeah, I have an M8 as well and don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. Whenever we hear MS is done with Verizon I forget that there are other WP manufacturers out there, like HTC. I've read nothing that HTC isn't going to produce a WP10 phone that won't work on Verizon. I guess when the time comes when I need a new phone I will explore that option. However, as I said before, I will leave Verizon if need be.

I actually read an article that MS is starting to release W10M ROMs to Android users so they can test out the OS, and if they like it, flash over to W10M permanently. So far only Xiomi Mi4 is on the list, but supposedly the plan is to get ROMs to as many as possible. That might be a viable way to get nice WP flagship phones. Grab an HTC One A9, a Galaxy Note 5 or something and just flash it over with the software MS releases.

anon(9714514)

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
The HTC may be just what I'm looking for. I've had an HTC desire that I liked a lot except for android. Windows on an HTC phone seems like a great choice. I may do the $20 a month device payment. My ideal payment was no more than 15-20 so that fits right in with the budget. I'll also compare prices on places like eBay and two year contract to see what comes out best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire