WP8.1 : Features you want the most

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I want to be able to have my headphones plugged in or Bluetooth headset on and have Cortana read an incoming text to me and be able to respond back without having to touch the phone. So far the iPhone and Siri are the only ones that do it out of the box. You would think with the heavy emphasis on not using your cell while driving this would be a feature they would all add.

As it stands now Cortana alerts you that you got a text but you can't have her read it then to respond you have to hit the search button to have her send a text.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spectre51

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why people don't make a BIG deal of out this!!! Honestly this is so annoying. This is my most missed feature from Android. Google Music. Xbox Music is the most annoying of all the MS applications. I wish they would release a Bing Music app. This is really unacceptable especially when Nokia is popping phones without SD cards like there's no tomorrow.

You can use apps likes Cloudmuzik to listen to your Google Music. No need to miss that feature.

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
To download files in IE 11. I constantly download wallpapers from my phones web browser.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

AymanWP93

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I think there should be a great Update for Office in the next GDR Update.
Something that makes Office on WP stand in par with the iPad version. I want a real office applications on WP and by that i mean : to be able to make a PowerPoint Presentation with Animations/Transitions , insert image in Word documents , insert tables , more fonts , more customizations.etc ...
If they could Make Office on WP with at least 50% of the functionnalities of the Desktop Office , that would be awesome !!
USB OTG could do fine also , for printing and plugging USB Flash Keys.

Office should be one of the key features of WP , I think it could be the real plus that distinguish WP from iOS & Android. If the people can have a professional Office Experience on their Smartphone , it will make WP much more appreciated ...

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: WP8.1: One Feature you would want the most to have?

I love being able to "just print" on my Surface 2 to nearly any printer. I wish this feature would come to Windows Phone 8.1 Update

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The only feature I care about updating to windows phone 8.1 is the 920's camera algorithm improvements. I do not care about the cortana gimmick, notification center, and added live tiles. I thought updating to windows phone 8.1 will remove the post-processing, blurriness, yellowish or soft photos produced by the Default/Nokia camera. Well I hope Lumia Cyan will have a better update next time.

midix

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I really need custom dictionaries for keyboard in non-English languages. I know that my native language is not that important globally (although UI is completely localized and the keyboard has keys with language-specific symbols) but I find it really discriminating that when I switch the keyboard to my language, the suggestions bar above it disappears completely and I cannot add new words to collect my own dictionary. I was able to do it on Android, though.

Pete Almanza

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Apps that show the Status Bar at all times (like Facebook Beta) should fill the extra space with the app header color (i.e. blue) like how it is on iOS7 and in the new HTC Sense. Facebook-6.5-v6.5-ipa-iOS-7-iphone-5s-5c-ipad-download.jpg

jfreiman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Ability to create an email with a web link AND the Windows 8 Mail app can open the link!
I can't believe this is still not possible with WP8.1 - sad.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
There is only one feature i want. If this Feature works, then Windows Phone 8.1 will be the perfect phone for me, if not it?s utterly useless for me (at least for work). I?m talking about connecting to my company Remote Access Server via L2TP or SSTP. Right now it look like Microsoft failed again because i can only find ikev2 but maybe i?m missing something here?

sanjiban ghosh

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
A proper chm reader which can read chm files upto 100mb atleast...thereis no good chm reader in wp8 but there are lots of good chm readers in other platforms.....we need atleast one good chm reader like superchm or moon reader.

zwuncki

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WP8.1: One Feature you would want the most to have?

Not very important but I would at least like to have the option of the start screen background color of my device. There's still only light and dark. Why no red/yellow/green etc. (depending on color of the device)? The light background only looks good on black/white devices! A yellow background for my yellow 1520 would be awesome. Maybe with WP9 :D ...

And I would love the integration of folders in the app list!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatboy7000