WP8.1 GDR1 - update downloaded couldn't be opened

erwine

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
How did you manage to downgrade to 8.0 with a Samsung ATIV S I also own? I read some decriptions of downgrading and all mentionned Nokia Software Upgrader as the tool used. I cannot imagine it will also work with Samsung devices.

I have a Samsung Ativ S, and had the 80188308 error even after i reset my phone. Now i made it, i have updated my phone (i had to downgrade to wp8.0 and then update 5-6 time until i get all updates). My ROM is GT-I8750_XXCMK2_R_signed, and my CSC is COA (i had the same even before downgrade so i dont know what the problem was)
Sorry for my english...

Stefan Ilchev

May 6, 2014
Visit site
So, after another try i again didnt successed. Ive made downgrade with
GT-I8750_DXBMJ1_R_signed.wp8
GT-I8750_OLBBMJ1_R_SIGNED.csc
to 8.0 GDR1 i think, or GDR2.
Then i instal DP and start update till the end.. Progress is equal to ver. 8.10.12382.878 and last one update didnt install at all.
So if anyone has other rom, lets share it with me.
Before that i was with ver. xx.xxx.xxx.xx.895 .
Which one is newer.. ?

xaris93

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I posted before but because my text contained links it aborted. Try to google "How to Flash a Different Stock ROM on the Samsung ATIV S" you should find an article on a website called "theunlockr". I used the GDR3 version and worked fine :)

Barack Obamagneto

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone is a primitive system, Microsoft's/Nokia's officials dont care our complains. They only want to sell this distorted, ***** system to another victims.

Stefan Ilchev

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a ativ S I8750
My csc is GBL, but this csc wont update to 8.1 update1. It gives me an error 80188308 and i want to change the rom with some other.
I have in my diag tools those csc`s :
GLB ( it cant update )
SMA
THL
XME
XSE
XSP
XTC
XTE

So if i am understood wright, i have flash with any rom which supports any of these csc`s.
Besides the rom i hvae and question also - must i change the csc before flashing with other rom , or it will happened automaticly ?
And 3th asking - if i update with rom in shich csc list havent mine csc`s, what will happened ?
Is it possible to kill my phone permanently ?

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a ativ S I8750
My csc is GBL, but this csc wont update to 8.1 update1. It gives me an error 80188308 and i want to change the rom with some other.
I have in my diag tools those csc`s :
GLB ( it cant update )
SMA
THL
XME
XSE
XSP
XTC
XTE

So if i am understood wright, i have flash with any rom which supports any of these csc`s.
Besides the rom i hvae and question also - must i change the csc before flashing with other rom , or it will happened automaticly ?
And 3th asking - if i update with rom in shich csc list havent mine csc`s, what will happened ?
Is it possible to kill my phone permanently ?

CSC should not matter for update 1, it does matter for the expected firmware update. I had no problems updating my ativ s, so there must be another cause. I read you need at least 5 GB memory free to finish the update, perhaps that's the problem? And yes, it's very well possible to kill your Phone permanently updating the rom, just changing the CSC is less risky, will only cause a hard reset.

Peter Dugel

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
For those with German unbranded Ativs, you can change the CSC from DBT to ATO and get the update.
Just type ##634# on the dialer, then enter *#321647335 on the diagnostics app to open the CSC selection menu, change it to ATO and your phone will factory reset with the new CSC, check for update and it should be there.

Warning: THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE.

Stefan Ilchev

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Unbranded thanks god ::)) Now i reflashed with some other rom , i found on the web. At the moment i still update from 8.0 ... looong process. So far as i saw it is my new csc - ATO . Will share the result after the end.
P.S. All unsuccessful updates was with wolf`s rom. May be in the name of interop unlock , he were deleted something.

Finally, its done. Ohh God ive changed the rom and update was successful

Last edited:

Nickkk101

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So yeah, if u downgrade u wont be able to turn back to cyan but u can install the 8.1 GDR1.

That's a contradiction of sorts... If 8.1 is NOT avail for my handset, then how can I upgrade to 8.1 GDR1?! To date I've been using the Dev preview to get 8.1. The guys who do the roll back to get the Update 1 working are only able to do so if their handset has the OFFICIAL 8.1 os available right? Such as those with the Nokia handsets you listed (you are correct there btw)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di