WP8.1 GDR1 - update downloaded couldn't be opened

lyubo

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

A few hours ago I finally managed to update my Nokia Lumia 820 with WP8.1 GDR1. Before I was getting the error code 0x80188308, and I had WP8.1 Developer Preview + Lumia Black.

What I did is as follows:
I formatted the SD card. - It did not help. Phone memory (not the SD card) available: 3.1 GB
I reset my device + formatting the SD card at the same time. Then restored the same Microsoft account with the backup, and before redownloading all the apps, I downloaded only the Preview for Developers app, logged in again, and downloaded the update with English (UK) settings everywhere. - It worked! :)
Other details about my phone: Still having Lumia Black, product code for Germany, Available phone memory: 4.5 GB.

This is what I did - I hope it would help some of you. Keeping my fingers crossed!

FranBlagru

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I got it to work on my L920...
Lumia Cyan came out for my phone so I downgraded and then upgraded to Lumia Cyan. Afterwards I installed Preview for Developers and installed 8.1 GDR1 very quickly and easily. This also fixed an issue with my phone where it used to take 2 hours for every update. Now it took like 15 minutes for GDR1. I'm happy I downgraded. Just a bit sad cause I lost some of my data, but saved some of it because I did a back up.
Good luck to people with this issue.

Michael Pinette

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have any suggestions getting the 8018830f code on my Blu Win HD just got it today from amazon?? Tried numerous times also turned off all cell data and just wifi left on.

Well I tried a hard reset as a last resort this did not work. Also tried starting the phone with a different language and this also failed.?

Thanks

Last edited:

ali reza76

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
hi
after completing updates download , my phone can't install that and give an error .
error code : 80070490
my phone is lumia 520 by denim .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital