Your feedback (and bug reports) on Windows Central's new homepage

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I do not like the new design. It is hard to figure out what is new what is old. The different sections is nice but does not give enough information about each section. I liked the vertical scrolling much better. This layout needs more work.

F4lco

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Something weird with the icons for "Best Things". At a certain Window size they all align nicely in a single row. But make the Windows Smaller and the "Best Xbox One Games" and "Best Xbox One headsets" disappear.

Even stranger, when using Edge, making the Window wider and the headsets will drop to a second line.

Also in Edge, the columns don't align correctly, causing it to display only one column while there's room for three. Resulting in a lot of white space...

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I can't stand it. This site was so much better until your last change. Now this change has made it even worse. Having a modern look should come after having a easy to navigate, functioning website. As of now, we have a modern cluster of a site that is confusing to navigate and takes longer to find what you're looking for. It reminds me of going from Windows Phone to Android. Use a Windows Phone and get used to how easy it is to use and how finding everything just makes sense, and then pick up an Android phone and see how quickly that changes. The phone might be nicer, but it's 2 steps back in every other way. That's what we have here.

I literally went from coming to this site every day before your last update to coming maybe once or twice a week after. Now with this update, I will be coming even less than that. When using a site, or a phone or anything else that should bring me pleasure ends up feeling like work, it's time to move on. Unfortunately, using and navigating this site is just plain frustrating and feels like more trouble than it's worth. Combine that with an app that freezes for 20 seconds at a time and doesn't allow me to post a comment (on Windows Mobile) and there is no reason to be a part of this site and community anymore. It's a shame, used to be my favorite destination on the web.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
its just way too much. trying to be organized is a good theory but like pocketnow the site just looks confusing. the blog page will get the most traffic I suspect.

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Same issues as reported about with IE11 on Windows 10. Can't check the box to make the most recent the homepage and the more icon at the bottom doesn't do anything.

Scott

Xanc6

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Less user-friendly than previous versions. Lay-out Tip:change is not always better.... Coca-Cola hardly didn't change their logo since 1887, but hey who the heck is Coca Cola.....

HaroldOfTheRocks

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Let's be honest here. The new headline font is an abomination. Putting the overshoot below the baseline is one of the worst things you can do from a readability standpoint. It almost makes my head hurt trying to get through the headlines. Please, please rethink this choice - it doesn't make the homepage "cool", just ugly and hard to read.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire