Sprint TP2 ROM updated to Manila 2.5 official Q&A thread

RangerPretzel

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Post moved from the Sprint new official Touch Pro 2 ROM 2.5 Tweaks thread

Just upgraded my Sprint TP2 from 6.1 to 6.5 and am loving it so far. Thanks for all these tweaks/hacks. I've installed most of them and really dig how they make the phone so much better.

While setting up my email again, I was trying to figure out where the "Advanced Mail" settings went to. (Like, how many days worth of messages to download, or when deleting a message, whether to keep the mail on the remote server or delete it.)

Is there a hack/tweak to restore this?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's all still there. It just wasn't possible to reach the configuration menu until I was successfully able to download a message. Weird behavior, but all seems fine now...

Last edited:

gbuffum

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Post moved from the Sprint new official Touch Pro 2 ROM 2.5 Tweaks thread

Since flashing the new 6.5 Sprint ROM, I can't seem to get A2DP bluetooth settings to play decent sounding stereo music via the Widcomm Audio Gateway. I tried the standard Widcomm stack registry change:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\Plugin\AV\Line Speed = 320

That didn't seem to do work. After making that change, the audio doesn't sound high quality, and worse setting 320 seems to cause stutter. I scaled back to 192, but the audio quality lags. Does anyone know the magic settings to get back decent sounding A2DP stereo audio?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Lets use this thread for all those questions and or issues we have with the new Sprint ROM

Last edited:

justdave#WP

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Updated my TP2. Loving it! Thanks Big D5 for some of your tweeks. My question is on texting. In 6.1, and in portrait mode, when replying to a text message the persons name would be in blue. The screen had a menu tab at the bottom that when accessed you could choose different options one being "My Texts". I have seen that screen on 6.5 but can't seem to access it any more. Can someone educate me on where that screen is and how to access it? I used to use "My Texts" quite a bit for quick responses. Thanks guys!

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
What you are seeing first is the HTC Touch Flow interface to access the WinMo native interface that has all the options you are talking about before taping reply in Touch Flow tap the All Messages in the bottom LH of your screen you will be taken to the WinMo native app you can reply from there and have all the options you are used to

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I posted tbhis a few days ago in another thread,so just wondering if you guys are seeing these minor issues...

Is anyone else having issues with EVDO signal? After the update last week, I seem to be in 1X more than usual. Also having some buggy performance of Opera 10 - tends to shut down on some pages like wmexperts forum, for example. Never had this issue before in beta or full modes of Opera.My beta version of Opera10 seems to run better.

Also noticed that in Sense SMS, for a new message it offers all phone numbers for a contact when you type in the first few letters of a name for a new text. But it doesn't differentiate between mobile number, home, office, etc. The phone icon is the same for all in the SMS new message view. This never happened before either and is rather annoying to get a possible land line number in the SMS address line.

Lastly, I've noticed that in SMS, it doesn't capitalize the first letter of sentences like it used to. Nothing major, but preferred it the other way.

-dtreo

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I posted tbhis a few days ago in another thread,so just wondering if you guys are seeing these minor issues...

Is anyone else having issues with EVDO signal? After the update last week, I seem to be in 1X more than usual. Also having some buggy performance of Opera 10 - tends to shut down on some pages like wmexperts forum, for example. Never had this issue before in beta or full modes of Opera.My beta version of Opera10 seems to run better.

Also noticed that in Sense SMS, for a new message it offers all phone numbers for a contact when you type in the first few letters of a name for a new text. But it doesn't differentiate between mobile number, home, office, etc. The phone icon is the same for all in the SMS new message view. This never happened before either and is rather annoying to get a possible land line number in the SMS address line.

Lastly, I've noticed that in SMS, it doesn't capitalize the first letter of sentences like it used to. Nothing major, but preferred it the other way.

-dtreo

1) No signal issues for me but I did a PRL update the same day I updated the ROM have you updated your PRL?
2) I have seen some weirdness with Opera try closing some programs when this happens it seams to help me
3) All the SMS issues you are having are being caused by Touch Flow before writing your SMS messages tap the All Messages (LH soft key) this will launch the WinMo standard text messaging app its much better than TF and probably what you are used to.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
1) No signal issues for me but I did a PRL update the same day I updated the ROM have you updated your PRL?
2) I have seen some weirdness with Opera try closing some programs when this happens it seams to help me
3) All the SMS issues you are having are being caused by Touch Flow before writing your SMS messages tap the All Messages (LH soft key) this will launch the WinMo standard text messaging app its much better than TF and probably what you are used to.

@BD5
1) Yep, did that already. I just don't think it holds a signal quite as well as before. Not bad, but not as good as before.
2) I am pretty vigilant about closing programs, but the beta Opera was surely faster and more stable in general for me.
3) Yep, I had basically switched to doing that, but I'm sure we agree that it shouldn't be necessary. Especially after this much time before release. I picked up the SMS annoyances right away.

Again, not major problems, but these are the annoying ones that I've noticed so far.

Thanks.

slck323

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to change, using a registy editor, when you click on the internet tab, to open up a different opera browser. Opera min 5 works so much better then the defult web browser.

mgnoonan

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Problem with Sprint TP2 WM 6.5

After flashing the new 6.5 ROM from Sprint/HTC, I've had a few issues:

• Lost the Sense/Touchflo dialer - not a big deal, but I kinda liked the Touchflo dialer. The touch screen numbers were a little larger, and the overall feel was better. Plus I think this may be related to the next problem.
  • Speakerphone feature lost - One of my favorite features is the ability to just lay the TP2 face down and the speakerphone turns on automatically. This is now gone.
  • Can't dial favorites. In fact, I can't dial using anything other than the keypad or voice command. The "Call Mobile", "Call Work", etc. for each contact doesn't respond when I click on it. Again, could be dialer related?

Anyone else having similar issues? Any suggestions on a fix? I am willing to consider re-flashing the ROM, but I would like more info if anyone has any.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
After flashing the new 6.5 ROM from Sprint/HTC, I've had a few issues:

• Lost the Sense/Touchflo dialer - not a big deal, but I kinda liked the Touchflo dialer. The touch screen numbers were a little larger, and the overall feel was better. Plus I think this may be related to the next problem.
  • Speakerphone feature lost - One of my favorite features is the ability to just lay the TP2 face down and the speakerphone turns on automatically. This is now gone.
  • Can't dial favorites. In fact, I can't dial using anything other than the keypad or voice command. The "Call Mobile", "Call Work", etc. for each contact doesn't respond when I click on it. Again, could be dialer related?

Anyone else having similar issues? Any suggestions on a fix? I am willing to consider re-flashing the ROM, but I would like more info if anyone has any.

* I have been using 6.5 via custom ROMs for so long that I didn't even notice a difference. Post us a screen shot of the dialer you are using so we can see if its the same one we are all using

*Yes it is and I cant believe they just removed this feature that sucks

*Yah that's weird favorites works fine for me and so do all the others

pdk7297

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Problems since update to 6.5

Hi to all,

A newbie here. I wanted to thank everyone for all of their contributions to this forum. I've used many of the suggestions and cab files to update my phone, and in some cases, mysteriously, the updates fixed some of my problems that seemed unrelated to the update...or maybe my phone just finally worked out some of its issues after running long enough and enough hard and soft resets. Anyway, thanks again to all.

But now onto my ongoing problems:

1. Does anyone else's phone take literally 10 minutes to fully boot up and become responsive? I think my problem is with the new 2.5 Sense functionality, because if I disable it in the Settings then the phone boots right up and I get to the simple user interface quickly. When I enable the Sense 2.5, the phone takes forever to boot and get settled, and then if it powers off due to inactivity it takes forever to resume. This is really irritating and makes a soft reset or a "sleep" event a no-function event for 10 minutes or so. Help!

2. My email won't stay working now. I've deleted and re-added my Yahoo relationship several times, and tried all kinds of network changes and resets, but while I can get my email to work at first, it stops sending and receiving messages at some point and I don't even get an error message when this occurs. It will say that it is logging on and downloading headers but nothing ever happpens. At that point I have to delete the relationship and re-create it again so that it works for a while, but then it stops again, usually within a few hours. Help!

3. How do I take a screen shot of my phone's screen so that I can post it here?

4. Sometimes my phone's screen won't re-draw if I close an app or other interface screen. I have to click my start button to bring up a new screen and then click Home to get back to my home screen. Is anyone else seeing this type of behavior? Like, if I close my Settings screen, then it closes the screen from a functionality standpoint but it still shows the Settings screen. If I touch the screen then it will execute whatever button I'm hitting on the screen that should be showing but isn't. Does this make sense?

Thanks in advance to everyone. I tried to research this forum for all of these questions, except for the screen shot question...I just thought of that and thought I'd throw it in. Thanks again.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi to all,

A newbie here. I wanted to thank everyone for all of their contributions to this forum. I've used many of the suggestions and cab files to update my phone, and in some cases, mysteriously, the updates fixed some of my problems that seemed unrelated to the update...or maybe my phone just finally worked out some of its issues after running long enough and enough hard and soft resets. Anyway, thanks again to all.

But now onto my ongoing problems:

1. Does anyone else's phone take literally 10 minutes to fully boot up and become responsive? I think my problem is with the new 2.5 Sense functionality, because if I disable it in the Settings then the phone boots right up and I get to the simple user interface quickly. When I enable the Sense 2.5, the phone takes forever to boot and get settled, and then if it powers off due to inactivity it takes forever to resume. This is really irritating and makes a soft reset or a "sleep" event a no-function event for 10 minutes or so. Help!

2. My email won't stay working now. I've deleted and re-added my Yahoo relationship several times, and tried all kinds of network changes and resets, but while I can get my email to work at first, it stops sending and receiving messages at some point and I don't even get an error message when this occurs. It will say that it is logging on and downloading headers but nothing ever happpens. At that point I have to delete the relationship and re-create it again so that it works for a while, but then it stops again, usually within a few hours. Help!

3. How do I take a screen shot of my phone's screen so that I can post it here?

4. Sometimes my phone's screen won't re-draw if I close an app or other interface screen. I have to click my start button to bring up a new screen and then click Home to get back to my home screen. Is anyone else seeing this type of behavior? Like, if I close my Settings screen, then it closes the screen from a functionality standpoint but it still shows the Settings screen. If I touch the screen then it will execute whatever button I'm hitting on the screen that should be showing but isn't. Does this make sense?

Thanks in advance to everyone. I tried to research this forum for all of these questions, except for the screen shot question...I just thought of that and thought I'd throw it in. Thanks again.

1) Some of the TF tweaks can cause start up lag the more you tweak TF the slower it will be when you boot up. The TP2 with the new ROM can take a long time to boot up even without tweaks installed.

2) I don't yohoo cant help ya there

3) Cab attached

4) WinMo bug happens on every device I have ever used if it gets realy bad you will have to soft reset but usually changing screens gets things going again like you described.

pdk7297

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Big D5!

I will keep following the forum and tweaking my phone until I'm satisfied, if ever, and I'll do my best to contribute if/when I can.

I have another question for the board:

I've exported my contacts from Yahoo to a Microsoft Excel file on my phone, but I can't figure out how to use this file to import my contacts into my phone contacts. I've searched my phone but can't find an Import function. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

slck323

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
it seems like ever since i upgraded to wm6.5, i am always restarting my phone. I was wondering if anyone knows wat the best ram cleaner is for the touch pro 2. And if you could also supply the cab that would be great.

Thanks...

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
it seems like ever since i upgraded to wm6.5, i am always restarting my phone. I was wondering if anyone knows wat the best ram cleaner is for the touch pro 2. And if you could also supply the cab that would be great.

Thanks...

Here ya go cab attached

fatyank

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
Speakerphone on automatically

I saw earlier someone said the automatic turning on of speakerphone had been disabled with WM 6.5 update. First, thank you for bringing that up. I did not realize it worked that way. Second, I tried setting my phone face down and speakerphone came on automatically. I am on Sprint with 6.5 update. Maybe I am just lucky! :eek:

securityscaper

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
2 questions:

1. If I apply 6.5 the update, can I back out to 6.1 if it doesn't work as expected?

2. I'm don't care about wiping the system versus an "upgrade". Can I wipe it during the upgrade to effectively create a clean install as though it came from the factory with 6.5?

Thanks!

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
2 questions:

1. If I apply 6.5 the update, can I back out to 6.1 if it doesn't work as expected?

2. I'm don't care about wiping the system versus an "upgrade". Can I wipe it during the upgrade to effectively create a clean install as though it came from the factory with 6.5?

Thanks!

1) Yes but you will need to unlock your phone and flash an unlocked 6.1 ROM on to your TP2. There are as shipped versions available.

2) After flashing I always do a hard reset after flashing and before I start using the device this will give you a nice clean flash install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes