W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
re: W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread

Text message notification sound plays even when the phone is set to silent. It only happens when I have an open conversation. I noticed it today while I was texting with a friend... at my cubicle. ?_?

I was in the middle of typing my response when my friend sent two more texts. Suddenly my phone exploded with beeps. I was like, "Oh crap!" lol

Lumia 1520

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Notifications and such seem to be sporadic for me. Some SMS messages get no alert. I've also noticed when I get a phone call, the phone only rings one ring then just vibrates.

jisto1215

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

I found a thing that i can install apps(.appx) by clicking on it. Developer mode is not enabled. Is this a bug?

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

So after yesterdays announcement that you need a device with at least 8 GB for Win10 mobile (for the time being?), I decided to try freeing up 8 GB on my 930 in an attempt to see if the Start Screen Loading issue goes away ...and it did, so I thought it was worth sharing that with anyone who is experiencing the same issue and bothered by it.

DuncanBishop

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

My primary icon was updated the day 10512 was released. The second was updated about 4 days later.

Bugs I have found:

1) the clock is slow to appear on the lock screen. This doesn't affect the ability to unlock the phone, but is annoying when checking the time.
2) Once every 2-3 days my email will start coming through about 5 minutes slow. Reboot solves.
3) Battery seems to report incorrect drainage once a week or so. It will report 6%, give a low battery warning. Then when I reboot the phone, it reports battery life at 65% or higher. This has only happened twice.

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Camera doesn't work

I wish i could get Lumia Camera back! after a hard reset the store will not let me download it or many other lumia branded apps? is this just me? if not i hope ms sort this asap! i dont like the new ms camera!! on 1020

From what I have read the old Camera is gone, and they are putting those features in the new Camera app. :(

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Camera doesn't work

By default my camera button launches Lumia Camera. After the last update the button does nothing. It says loading for a second and then goes back to the last screen.

Yeah, they are basically removing the old Lumia camera completely and hopefully adding all those features in the new Camera app. I would expect that the Camera works less and less in every new build.

Jignesh Gandhi

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site

I just installed the latest preview on my 730, Ive a issue, the navigation bar keeps vibrating. The Display+Touch app is no longer available for W10M. Neither Extras. Please help me. I also went back to 8.1 via Recovery tool and again updated to WM10 still the problem is there. The vibration thing in Nav bar is driving me crazy.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I just installed the latest preview on my 730, Ive a issue, the navigation bar keeps vibrating. The Display+Touch app is no longer available for W10M. Neither Extras. Please help me. I also went back to 8.1 via Recovery tool and again updated to WM10 still the problem is there. The vibration thing in Nav bar is driving me crazy.
System > about > reset your phone (you can keep your sd card music, videos and files but no apps) and do not restore from back up. The phone should be fine after that.

shadow118

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

Some of the bug I've noticed:
- When changing screen brightness, if you go from automatic to low, the low acts as high. Medium and high are as they should be. If you then swithc from high to low (two taps, jumping past auto), then low acts as low.
- The camera app sometimes locks the screen rotation to portrait and it doesn't autorotate unless you restart the phone.
- Groove music clears the now playing list about 5 minutes after pausing. In WP8, the music app kept the now playing list for as long as the phon was on.
- The start screen often doesn't want to load. Getting the black loading screen, sometimes for more than a minute.

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Phone number hotlinks broken in Win10 Mobile?

Prior windows phone operating system (7 and 8) were very good at recognizing embedded phone numbers in say a calendar appointment and inserting a hotlink that would launch the phone dialing application. This seems (at least for me) to be fundamentally broken in windows 10 mobile. At best it will launch a people/contact card from which I can click again to launch the dialing app, at worst it sends me to the edge browser for a Bing search. I'm very unhappy with the present behavior and not hopeful it will improve much prior to release.

Stun3i

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Some error with build 10512 on my 520:
- blinking quiet hours icon.
- slow respond lock screen.
- default apps and some other won't really quit with back button.
- low brightness will display as high.
- apps freeze and quit occasionally (due to lack of RAM I guess).
- start screen freeze and showing a black screen occasionally.
- battery drains faster.

Last edited:

Florian83260

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site

Hi !
I've bought a 635 to test w10 mobile. So I've installed insider but I'm stuck on 10166 rom.
When I try to download 10152, update tells me that I can't download because there are a problem and some files missing. I've tried several time, I've tried to keep screen on but every time same probs
What can I do ?
Thanks for all and sorry i m french

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Hi !
I've bought a 635 to test w10 mobile. So I've installed insider but I'm stuck on 10166 rom.
When I try to download 10152, update tells me that I can't download because there are a problem and some files missing. I've tried several time, I've tried to keep screen on but every time same probs
What can I do ?
Thanks for all and sorry i m french

You mean 10512? ....To my understanding certain devices cant get the newer builds and maybe that's why.

What you can try to do, is restore it to 8.1 through the Lumia Recovery Tool, then try updating again to tech preview and that should give you thr latest version available tor your phone.

Florian83260

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your help
So I'll restore the phone to w8 and I'll do update. After I'll install insider apps and if it propose me 10166 that's mean that my device isn't compatible with 10512 ?
Do you know when we'll have the next release ? Ty

abduz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your help
So I'll restore the phone to w8 and I'll do update. After I'll install insider apps and if it propose me 10166 that's mean that my device isn't compatible with 10512 ?
Do you know when we'll have the next release ? Ty

Indeed restore to 8 using the Lumia Recovery Tool...once its completed, install Windows Insider app on your phone and login, then look for the update.

The update should find the latest version ...but if the latest version (in this case 10512) isnt available for your device, then you will have the build that was last available for your device.

I dont think anyone of us know when the next update is but judging by recent comments by Gabe and that we havent had an update for a month, Im guessing this week sounds probable but you never know.

Good luck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes