My HTC 8x finally got 10536 update (and its terrible)

Blackwing212

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
All I can say is that when I tried the first and second times Windows failed to install the USB BLDR so I ran Windows Update and tried different usb ports and eventually it installed the USB BLDR as HTC Active Sync, however I had previously downloaded off the HTC site the latest HTC Sync Manager setup even though the HTC 8X isn?t listed as supported.

Blackwing212

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
But did Windows recognize your device and installed the driver USB BLDR as HTC Active Sync prior to running WPRT? BTW, my device is an Australian made HTC 8X ,the ROM does not include US English as phone language, I am currently overseas in Argentina and my regional settings set to US.
After downgrading to 8.1 I tried once again the whole process and it finds the same software to flash so I believe its device model related more than anything. See the screenshot, I have a HTC C625b ...

Blackwing212

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Good to know Peter, also worth mentioning is that once the 8x is connected and recon by WPRT it listed my device firmware as unknown as you can see in the capture above.

ncbartschi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Good to know Peter, also worth mentioning is that once the 8x is connected and recon by WPRT it listed my device firmware as unknown as you can see in the capture above.

Just to clarify, my HTC One M8 also shows as having an unknown firmware when I restore it using WPRT. So it's certainly not limited to the 8X.

Blackwing212

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
What OS were you running prior to restoring it and what OS did you end up with? I had gone from the original W8M to the 8.1 DP where the HTC hub clock/weather live tile didn't work and the "now playing artist" function on the live tile music app was also disabled to the latest W10TP 10536.
With the downgrade to W8.1 Update those issues were fixed.
Hope every bit of info helps.

Last edited:

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Huh... still no software package found on the server... wonder how much time it will take for them to fix this.. its been week since i operated a smartphone lol

Pivotgeeks

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
anyway, living without a phone is getting harder, im getting a Lumia 640 xl, if my htc 8x gets repaired i will give it to someone else..
NEVER AGAIN HTC...

Blackwing212

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I don?t see how HTC is to be blamed for the " accidental release of W10TP" made by Msoft...
Regardless the 8X is a very stylish and solid phone and would buy it again if I had to pick one with the same hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2