Unsupported CU phone users: What will you do now?

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I would stay on CU which works nicely for you. One my friend started to have problems with few latest AU builds with his Lumia 930, and he actually wants to try his luck with CU.

So, just stay with CU for now as you know that it works will for you, and if you face any issues you will be able to get back to AU again. That's what I would do.

Of course, I do know that Upgrade Advisor didn't work for few days around this weekend, but I think that it wasn't something Microsoft that did intentionally. And I think that we all agree that the reason for not giving CU to these older Lumia's wasn't poor performance actually. ;)

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

My phone started having a problem since yesterday evening.On unlocking I get a black screen ( a member was having this problem and mentioned it in this thread ) I have to do a soft reset every time to get rid of it. Otherwise the phone is so much better on CU than on AU.I will wait to see if I get any cumulative updates on CU or if the problem resolves.Otherwise I might have to roll back.
The problem is that I will be travelling for a few days now . Glad that this is not my primary phone though I like it very much.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Does yours have this blackscreen when the phone is unloacked? Lockscreeen slides up and I can her the unloack sound but no display at all i.e blackscreen!!

Has your problem of black screen resolved ? I have started getting it since yesterday.To get rid of it I have to soft reset every time. Otherwise the phone is much better on CU than on AU.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I also decided to move on CU. AU ain't stable is it used to be few months ago, so it's not going to be worse on CU than it is on AU...

I'm going to do a hard reset as well.

I have noticed how it is slow in Settings when I go to Notifications & Actions. It freezes until it loads all apps. Not a pleasant experience when I want to set 5-10 notification sounds for some apps...

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I rolled back to AU.I had the black screen problem again twice.I could not dismiss/snooze the alarm in the morning and later could not receive a phone call.
Since I have files saved on my laptop ,using the WDRT to roll back to 8.1 takes about 5 minutes.
It is a pity because otherwise I liked how smooth my phone was on CU except the times when the black screen problem occurred.
Also a hard reset on AU causes a non updating Mail and Calendar tile which does not happen with CU.
Edit - the black screen problem occurs only during unlocking that too not always but it is occurring at crucial times.

Last edited:

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
The issue with calendar tile after a hard reset on AU has been resolved recently. I even did a hard reset on my brothers phone which is on AU, and his live tile refreshes as it should. So no worry about that. ;)

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 PC

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
The issue with calendar tile after a hard reset on AU has been resolved recently. I even did a hard reset on my brothers phone which is on AU, and his live tile refreshes as it should. So no worry about that. ;)

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 PC

Thanks for the information.
That is a relief :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2