Move Notificatoins from the bottom right?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Windows 10 - when there is a notification - like to update Java - it appears in the bottom right of my screen above the clock on the taskbar.

Can I move those. When the show up, the block my 'show hidden icons' and interrupt their use. You have to x out of the notification before using the hidden icons - which I use a lot.

I want to see the notifiations - but not in that location. Can I move them?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried in settings but nothing was found - even as far as dragging the action centre to the left. It doesn't look like action centre can be moved. I know the taskbar can be moved to any side but that wouldn't be the solution now :grincry:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Except blocking the clock for 3-5~ seconds, is there any serious problem with popups ?

You can follow the above posts.

Every time, I got notification on the upper-right corner for 3sec~ and then hidden in action Centre.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
For me, it is an issue - because sometimes at boot up, I get several messages back to back, but want to use the taskbar. And yes, 3-5 is a pain. Also have to x them out. I want ease of use. It is the end of the world, no. But I want good UX. And I think MS would want users to have that as well.

I would like to to disappear when touched.

Except blocking the clock for 3-5~ seconds, is there any serious problem with popups ?

Every time, I got notification on the upper-right corner for 3sec~ and then hidden in action Centre.

fly_branch

May 29, 2014
Visit site

I would like to move them also. I have some programs that have a button that needs pressed in the right bottom corner quite often when I am doing work and the notifications being there are a pain in the behind.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The OP has a point and I can safely say that I have experienced this too. Really, it is not a big deal, but it is a matter of operational convenience.

But this leads to the question - where can the notifications show up? Probably top right with - as @vEEP pEEP says - touch to dismiss/ disappear (a nice animation here would help matters along nicely!!).

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
For now I just turn on quiet hours when I don't want to be bothered with notifications. Just right click and select "turn on quiet hours". Some I prefer just the banner, like for store updates. If an update for a store app comes in it shows in the banner but I have it set not to show up in the action center.

Either way I think moving the banners anywhere you want on the sides would be nice. Like I would prefer them to fly in top right but below the x button so I can still close windows and it won't pop up in front of it while closing.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I liked the way Win 8.1 showed notifications in the top right corner. That approach also matches with the location you automatically go to for clicking on or clearing the Action Centre content in W10 which lists downwards from the top. The only thing that would be out of place then would be the Action Centre button, but then that little squiggle is hardly convenient anyway. Personally I use Preme to add hot corners, so my top right (and bottom left) corner brings up the Action Centre straight away. It would be best if MS were to shift that little Action Centre button to the top right corner as well though to keep all things Acton Centre reached via the same screen area.

By the way, if you know a better hot corner utility I'm keen to hear of it as Preme is rarely updated and could use some polish (especially on 32 bit devices like my HTPC). It is, however, essential to restore hot corners after MS broke them in the transition from W8 to W10 and still haven't got them working again.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info - never heard of Preme or those kind of utilities....

I liked the way Win 8.1 showed notifications in the top right corner. That approach also matches with the location you automatically go to for clicking on or clearing the Action Centre content in W10 which lists downwards from the top. The only thing that would be out of place then would be the Action Centre button, but then that little squiggle is hardly convenient anyway. Personally I use Preme to add hot corners, so my top right (and bottom left) corner brings up the Action Centre straight away. It would be best if MS were to shift that little Action Centre button to the top right corner as well though to keep all things Acton Centre reached via the same screen area.

By the way, if you know a better hot corner utility I'm keen to hear of it as Preme is rarely updated and could use some polish (especially on 32 bit devices like my HTPC). It is, however, essential to restore hot corners after MS broke them in the transition from W8 to W10 and still haven't got them working again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss