My 1520 hums along on the latest w10m just fine. EOL but still serves basic functionality perfectly. Battery life still stellar too lol. 7 yrs old and still crusin.
    I went thru several 1520s at the end of my WM10 run. I had a white one, red one, yellow one. I loved that phone from the first time I saw it at an AT&T store!!
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-03-2020 05:50 AM
    The 3rd paragraph in the original post of this thread is pure gold.
    03-03-2020 03:34 PM
    The 3rd paragraph in the original post of this thread is pure gold.
    I'd say it was prophetic. He accurately predicted the Surface Duo - except the Android part of course. Details, details.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-05-2020 05:56 PM
    Nate0:
    Yes are great for kids for all those reasons. Plus they still work very well for what Needs to be done on a phone. I know we all have Wants and perceived needs. Althoughfor the vast majority of people a phone is a convience device (facebook etc).

As title of thread says... I am sticking with it until the ship is sunk and buried in the ocean. No Google for me, a dumb phone will return if need be.
    Without Strava and Garmin Connect support, the Windows Mobile platform has become completely useless to me.
    Elky64 likes this.
    04-01-2020 08:06 AM
    Without Strava and Garmin Connect support, the Windows Mobile platform has become completely useless to me.
    Pretty dumbed-down phones for me too w/o the essential apps I rely on. Never found the web browsing experience close to being acceptable neither and that in itself really cripples these devices as well. Make great conservation pieces though, or paperweights LOL.
    04-02-2020 08:49 PM
    Boy this thread got quiet rapido!
    aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-26-2020 03:51 PM
    I still keep my 950 on a charger with the $3 T mobile plan for when they force us to load contact tracing apps
    breaker119 likes this.
    06-02-2020 04:22 PM
    mine sits on a wireless charger on my dresser. sometimes it just does things better than my android...or when my droid needs charging.
    06-02-2020 04:34 PM
    My Sigma Rox 10.0 bike computer has given me all the Strava integration I've needed, for years. The current 12.0 model is even fancier. Still don't want nor need the tracking on my 950.

All our tastes and needs are different, which is how all these devices survive and thrive. I'm less phone-centric than most any WC subscriber, and thankful my 950 has been meeting nearly all of my smartphone needs since 20 Nov 2015. I have had two (actually now 3) angroid devices since last summer -two are loaded and ready to ride when the day comes. I use them occasionally for gasbuddy, and less-so for soundhound. Enjoy whatever devices you're fortunate to own.
    07-03-2020 08:01 AM
    I've decided to stand my ground and stick with a 1960s rotary phone. Don't need no fancy schmancy push button toy.
    07-03-2020 11:25 PM
    I've decided to stand my ground and stick with a 1960s rotary phone. Don't need no fancy schmancy push button toy.
    In black, or a fancy schmancy "princess" color?
    aximtreo likes this.
    07-08-2020 09:03 AM
    I recall the day when MS bought Minecraft. Right at that moment... right there... they could have released media EXCLUSIVELY for Windows Mobile. An army of kids would have wanted the platform and, as usual, the adults would have followed as they do like to be 'cool'.

Oh well! It never happened.
    Today 04:34 AM
    I recall the day when MS bought Minecraft. Right at that moment... right there... they could have released media EXCLUSIVELY for Windows Mobile. An army of kids would have wanted the platform and, as usual, the adults would have followed as they do like to be 'cool'.

Oh well! It never happened.
    Microsoft tried that with Office. Instead of buying Windows phones, users were dropping Office or not using it on their mobile devices. They were not buying Windows phones! Why would we expect otherwise with Minecraft?
    Today 08:37 AM
    Microsoft tried that with Office. Instead of buying Windows phones, users were dropping Office or not using it on their mobile devices. They were not buying Windows phones! Why would we expect otherwise with Minecraft?
    Office is for grownups, I can see his rationale. I frankly have no idea what Minecraft is but if it's popular with the kids, then I would have to agree with @excalibur1814. I had never heard of TikTok until the Orange Cheetoh got his panties all bunched up so I'm not discounting the purchasing power of the youngsters. Well, their parents' power.
    Today 10:33 AM
714 ... 272829