How do you think Windows Phone should be marketed?

Kieran Jeffery

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Whether any of us want to admit it or not, WP is clearly struggling to gain traction. The main reasons are lack of devices from OEMs, MS coming late into the smartphone game, also lack of commitment from devs to publish apps.

So if you were heading up the Windows Phone marketing team, what would be your focus? How would you promote WP? How would your ad campaign go?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Business to start with. Easy market where SnapChat doesn't matter and saving money on a WP over iPhone makes business sense.

New Flagships - just because if you're going to win recognition in any way, you show something amazing that not everyone can buy and then people look at the ones they can buy. People aspire to an iPhone. Offer them something better!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft needs to increase social networking exposure to appeal to the younger generation such as myself and younger

Not to mention the fact that they also need to give Lumia more exposure in the states. No offense but it is no wonder people don't know Lumia. The last memorable commercial for Lumia was 2013 with the 1020.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I think one option they can definitely try to maximize is the camera capabilities. Nokia was #1 and hell....their Lumia branded Nokia phones are still the best today.

Microsoft owns the intellect that produced that technogy. With the right marketing, they can cash I on the social media, instagram, selfie, and photo-driven posts highlighting Microsoft's technology and innovation!!!

@Microsoft

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon