Windows Phone 8.1 Sdk help

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So I will uninstall everything and start over. Since I never used VS, it's kind of complicated for me.
I summarize :
1- Install of visual studio express 2013 (where can I download the update 2 already?)
2- Install of wp8.1 SDK
3- Follow the indications in the 2nd post

https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us/downloadsdk

That's the link you need, the first download has everything in it. VS2013 Express, Update 2 RC and the WP8.1 Emulator images.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1

Its starts instantly when I launch it via the Hyper-V Manager. soo thats why i asked.

The first time you run the Emulator image it takes time to load, each time after that it will load almost instantly as the state is saved.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got an idea, but don't have the time right now, and I don't yet have the knowledge to implement all of what I want to do with it.

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 8.1

If you just want to check out the emulator:

Open Visdual Studio. Go to File -> New Project -> Templates -> Store-Apps -> Empty App (Universal App). .
I must be a complete noob but I am stuck here. The Store-Apps part doesn't shows up.
I just chose a template for visual basic app.

But then I can't find the green arrow with local computer next to it...

Some one can help me please?? I want to try so much the simulator!!!

Lumis90

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Exactly, I guess that under system type in system properties they saw "x64 based processor" and thought they had a 64-bit version of Windows, when in fact the full line reads "32-bit Operating System, x64 based processor".

I also noticed that in the post I replied to it says "my PC has all the requirements to run hyper-v", the PC may well have the requirements but if the software doesn't then it won't work.

These are 64 bit Windows 8.1. cmd > systeminfo shows that CPU can run hyper-v. The only solution to this I think is reinstalling windows

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Guys you need to know few things. Working with emulator means to work with virtualization. This takes some space in RAM memory. If you have 4 GB of RAM, it will take some time to open Windows Phone OS. I have 8 GB of RAM and I can run new WP OS in two minutes on emulator. Works ok, but I can notice lag in the emulator.

Also try to run Emulator 8.1 WVGA 4 inch 512 MB, becuase it will load faster then any other type of emulator.

Tonchi91

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
You can find the emulator when you create a Windows Phone project. As I saw, the only choice with Update 2 RC is to create Windows Phone 8.1 project. There is no more Windows Phone 8.0 project. After your project is created, you can find this in the middle top in Visual Studio.

list of emulators.png

georgito007

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Having gigabyte mb and there is an issue with hyper v..windows crashing after enable it in bios..common problems with gigabyte mainboards and usb3 drivers..

arifdanials

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I installed Visual Studio 2013 with Update 2 RC and WP 8.1 emulator but when I try to access Cortana, she doesn't talk to me. I mean her voice is not there, though I try asking questions. Is it really that limited because it's still in beta?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
So yeah. I've tried and tried looking on the internet for a fix. But I still get the same error as Lumis90
View attachment 61514

These are my specs
View attachment 61515

So I have all the requirements. But I can't seem to find the things to enable from this site in the BIOS
How to enable Hyper-V for the emulator for Windows Phone 8

Neither can I find Hyper-V in "turn windows features on or off"

​Any ideas?

There's one requirement your computer doesn't have, right at the top of the specs screen shot under Windows Version you are running Windows 8.1 64-bit not Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit. Hyper-V isn't present in the standard version of Windows 8.1 but it is in the Pro version.

To install the Hyper-V role, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise or Datacenter edition, Windows Server 2012 Standard or Datacenter edition, or Windows 8 (or 8.1) Pro or Enterprise edition is required. Hyper-V is only supported on x86-64 variants of Windows. - Wikipedia

I know Wikipedia isn't reliable but I did look for another source.

Last edited:

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I installed Visual Studio 2013 with Update 2 RC and WP 8.1 emulator but when I try to access Cortana, she doesn't talk to me. I mean her voice is not there, though I try asking questions. Is it really that limited because it's still in beta?

That's probably because it's an emulator, everyone has had the same problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon