Lumia 822 8.1 Updates

freakyrob14

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I'm using Lumia 822. My question is, Is their an 8.1 official updates for lumia 822? I'm located here in Philippines. Has someone knows the answer if I'm getting 8.1 updates ?

can you enlighten me so i will stick to my lumia 822 thanks......:smile:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Right now the 8.1 is only available for those that register for the preview... The rest of the world will have to wait until early 2015.. Well you will unless you register and download :)

freakyrob14

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
thanks! I hope this year microsoft/ nokia will update all their phone to windows 8.1. I don't want to face any bug or glitches that's why i don't want to update my phone using preview developers :)

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
thanks! I hope this year microsoft/ nokia will update all their phone to windows 8.1. I don't want to face any bug or glitches that's why i don't want to update my phone using preview developers :)

Just to share my experience... The total install took 1h.30m (There was a 8.0 mandatory download, then a pre-install download and finally the actual installing plus the migrating) all of this happened in short bursts of 30 minutes or less so I wasn't worried.. After the install I had to fish around in my setting (Region + Language) just to get Cortana :p but all of it was worth it :) If you read around the forum you'll see that the results are mixed! Some had success others failure while some have had only partial success.. Mostly the htc guys complain lol..
In my case everything works except for the music identifier built in to cortana :/ I figure a hard reset would help, but since I don't want to lose my game data I'll just wait until the devs of my game allow cloud based back-ups and then hit the hard reset.. Installing 8.1 has it's risks, but I was confident seeing as I received the GDR3 without any glitches

Just my experience :)

freakyrob14

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Ven07

Thanks a lot! But I think I will stick to lumia black for now. Once nokia /microsoft will release their official 8.1 update that`s the time I will update my phone...... 8.1 I'm waiting ;)

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Just to share my experience... The total install took 1h.30m (There was a 8.0 mandatory download, then a pre-install download and finally the actual installing plus the migrating) all of this happened in short bursts of 30 minutes or less so I wasn't worried.. After the install I had to fish around in my setting (Region + Language) just to get Cortana :p but all of it was worth it :) If you read around the forum you'll see that the results are mixed! Some had success others failure while some have had only partial success.. Mostly the htc guys complain lol..
In my case everything works except for the music identifier built in to cortana :/ I figure a hard reset would help, but since I don't want to lose my game data I'll just wait until the devs of my game allow cloud based back-ups and then hit the hard reset.. Installing 8.1 has it's risks, but I was confident seeing as I received the GDR3 without any glitches

Just my experience :)
This echos my experience with the update on my 822 as well. Took a while, but the phone is working great except for a *slight* increase in battery drain. Small, but detectable. I'm not using Cortana at this point and probably won't. I think a hard reset wouldn't hurt, but I don't see the need as of yet. I'm liking 8.1 so far.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This echos my experience with the update on my 822 as well. Took a while, but the phone is working great except for a *slight* increase in battery drain. Small, but detectable. I'm not using Cortana at this point and probably won't. I think a hard reset wouldn't hurt, but I don't see the need as of yet. I'm liking 8.1 so far.

Yea 8.1 is running well on my phone :) and for some reason a lot of the 925 users have reported better battery life :/ I like cortana, but she's still in beta so there are some things i'm missing, but I'll just wait for the final build before I complain lol

lumia0322

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
hi.....i did the developer app through store, signed in thru appstudio, etc.....but when i check for updates in settings, nothing appears yet.....does it take time or should that available update been present immediately ?? wondering if i did something wrong....thanks !

aniket0303

Banned
Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I guess microsoft has stopped the 8.1 preview for developers update

Sent from my Lumia 620(wp8.1)RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon