01-31-2015 02:30 AM
128 123 ...
tools
    First Chase, now BofA.

Wouldn't be surprised to see more.

This may be in preparation for Windows 10 universal apps, but why quit supporting in March when W10 comes out in ~September?

This may be the death knell for Windows Phone

I say this as someone who bought a Samsung Focus on the day 1 back in 2010 and four various Nokia Lumias thereafter

Sad to see it has come to this and MSFT isn't putting up a fight about it
    prasath1234 likes this.
    01-28-2015 02:39 PM
    Highly doubtful that Chase or Bank of America would end support for their app and risk losing customers, and making those customers not trust them anymore just to have a W10 Universal app sometime down the line.
    Timtcee, Geoffrey Turks and Jazmac like this.
    01-28-2015 02:41 PM
    My contract expires next month. I'm now reconsidering getting another Windows Phone. I'm tired of this.
    01-28-2015 03:16 PM
    Where is Joe "Over-promise, Under-deliver" Belfiore? What happened to closing the app gap? The non-response / lack of fight from Microsoft is maddening
    luisfarelo and MrRichardF like this.
    01-28-2015 03:23 PM
    Or...quite Simply neither Chase nor Bank of America have enough Windows Phone users to justify costs. That is most likely it and where America has no new WPs of interest. Its not gonna change soon.
    Zippier, cure92 and prasath1234 like this.
    01-28-2015 03:28 PM
    Not bovvered! Quite happy with the apps we have.......change , free country
    Nicholas Maguire likes this.
    01-28-2015 03:40 PM
    This is getting tiring to read. Another banks drops support. I would love to read some kind of response from MS WP division.
    Likwidz and metalchick719 like this.
    01-28-2015 04:00 PM
    Not bovvered! Quite happy with the apps we have.......change , free country
    I'm considering changing my bank now (from BoA) to another even if it has no App. And I'd be sure to tell them exactly why.

Without a WP App you are no longer more convenient for me than the next brand. I am showing you the loyalty you have displayed to me.
    forked, jantveg85, jmshub and 11 others like this.
    01-28-2015 04:35 PM
    I honestly, seriously, do not get the mindset of some of the people here. Is there anyone that actually believes that Microsoft could have done something about this? We're all fans, and we've all invested in the platform, but is there anyone here that really thinks that these mess-ups are as a result of Microsoft's decisions? I understand that we need a scapegoat but this is getting out of hand.
    01-28-2015 04:45 PM
    smdh @ another stupid f'ing MS is doomed post.
    Jazmac and rhapdog like this.
    01-28-2015 04:52 PM
    I don't understand. Just leave the app here. What do these banks gain from removing their apps?
    metalchick719 likes this.
    01-28-2015 04:55 PM
    If you are using your phone for banking, you really don't care about security. All my banking activities are strictly PC based with robust security measures in place.. .
    Noahma likes this.
    01-28-2015 04:55 PM
    I honestly, seriously, do not get the mindset of some of the people here. Is there anyone that actually believes that Microsoft could have done something about this? We're all fans, and we've all invested in the platform, but is there anyone here that really thinks that these mess-ups are as a result of Microsoft's decisions? I understand that we need a scapegoat but this is getting out of hand.
    I do not blame Microsoft...

BoA members... Log in via browser and click the "contact us" link at the bottom of your summary page. Select "Mobile and Text Banking" from the drop down menu. Save the phone contact information to disseminate to others. After you click sign out, you will get a survey where you can express your displeasure. Be sure to follow up with a phone call; be polite, but let them know that they are no longer any more convenient or attractive to you than any other bank without a mobile deposit function and you are seriously considering moving all your funds...

capture.jpg
    01-28-2015 04:56 PM
    If you are using your phone for banking, you really don't care about security. All my banking activities are strictly PC based with robust security measures in place.. .
    I've never felt the BoA App was not secure. It has a lot of security built into it. It matches my browser experience step for step.

How, exactly, do I make mobile deposits via my browser? Can't be done right now.
    01-28-2015 04:59 PM
    While expressing displeasure is admirable and advisable, at this point it looks like it's becoming a game of whack-a-mole. Oddly enough I have accounts with both Chase and Bank of America. There are only so many banks you can threaten to leave before you're storing your money in your mattress. What happens if by Friday Wells Fargo announces they're pulling their app too? If bigger banks are pulling out we're in serious trouble. The smaller banks never invested resources in Windows Phone; it's not like they're going to start now. And some of us travel. Using a big bank so that we can access our money anywhere is a must.
    01-28-2015 05:03 PM
    I don't see where he said Microsoft is doomed. They're just nowhere in terms of having a thriving mobile platform.

Yes, yes, Windows 10, universal apps, blah, blah, blah.
    Let's wait and see, shall we?
    01-28-2015 05:53 PM
    You do a wonderful job of insulting other people here...
    TheCudder likes this.
    01-28-2015 05:59 PM
    Where is Joe "Over-promise, Under-deliver" Belfiore? What happened to closing the app gap? The non-response / lack of fight from Microsoft is maddening
    How does one fight a problem that can't be solved until relevant market share is achieved? Once again we are here with the chicken/egg scenario. Will throwing money at developers help? This is kinda why I have no problem with Android apps right now. If developers are pulling their apps or not updating them, then how the hell does WP gain marketshare for devs to even look at the platform?

Universal apps? Pssh, call me overly doubtful.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    01-28-2015 06:20 PM
    My contract expires next month. I'm now reconsidering getting another Windows Phone. I'm tired of this.
    iPhones are great! You should give them a shot.
    01-28-2015 06:20 PM
    Wells Fargo still has a nice app. And if they didn't, I'd rather switch banks than phones. I don't have to carry a bank around with me and use it all day.
    01-28-2015 06:28 PM

What Microsoft could have done is to make WP competitive. WP lacked features available on competitors for years like BT LE so no wearables support. Lacked multi core support while competitors had it result, no competitive hero phones. Lacked good advertising resulting in no awareness of the OS by the general consumer. Failed to address issues with their "partners" carrier retail sales issues which resulted in lost sales.

They could have done that and probably more but they didn't with the result that WP marketshare is miniscule. So who else is to blame, when app makers claim the user base is too small to warrant their investment, if not Microsoft who hasn't addressed all these issues after so many years?
    prasath1234 likes this.
    01-28-2015 06:30 PM
    While Chase bank may be abandoning the Windows Phone platform here in the states, Brazilian Windows Phone users were treated to a new app from one the country's largest banks, Caixa
    01-28-2015 06:35 PM
    Universal apps? Pssh, call me overly doubtful.
    Actually, universal apps should help this particular situation as those banks would gain from the benefits universal apps bring. It won't however help the popular social app situation.
    01-28-2015 06:39 PM
    I don't see where he said Microsoft is doomed. They're just nowhere in terms of having a thriving mobile platform.

check the title of the thread "Banks giving up support for Windows Phone. The plane has hit the mountain"

I hardly think the plane has hit the mountain. Two banks decide to discontinue the app due to low usage. Sounds like a sound business decision to me. Why pay the extra costs to maintain the security and app to make a few people happy? Given enough customers request support, the app may be back. What I am getting tired of is the "x app is no longer being supported, screw the other hundreds of thousands of apps, this ONE app missing (in this case two) means the platform is dead and the world is burning" threads . The A portion of the community is starting to sound like a bunch of teen girls that found out the guy they like has a new girlfriend.
    01-28-2015 06:43 PM
    What Microsoft could have done is to make WP competitive. WP lacked features available on competitors for years like BT LE so no wearables support. Lacked multi core support while competitors had it result, no competitive hero phones. Lacked good advertising resulting in no awareness of the OS by the general consumer. Failed to address issues with their "partners" carrier retail sales issues which resulted in lost sales.

They could have done that and probably more but they didn't with the result that WP marketshare is miniscule. So who else is to blame, when app makers claim the user base is too small to warrant their investment, if not Microsoft who hasn't addressed all these issues after so many years?
    You cannot snap your fingers and make these things happen. And none of the things you mentioned are why Windows Phone did not take off. Wearables literally became a thing last year, and Windows Phone already had BT LE by then. Multi-core support became available for Windows Phone 8 less than a year after launch, so no issues there either. Heck the 920 ran on a dual core chip. Microsoft does not have the leverage required to negotiate with carriers the way Apple can. There literally is nothing they can do about that. Lastly there is absolutely no evidence that pouring millions of dollars in marketing would have made a dent in Windows Phones market share. Not a shred. When Windows Phone 7 and 8 debuted there were tons of ads, both on the internet and TV. They did not lead to a mass movement towards Windows Phone. The reason people are not buying Windows Phone is not because they don't know about it; it's because they don't need it.

It's like people on this website think the rules of economics, physics and computer science are magic, that you can just snap your fingers and whatever you want will happen. We've all known that Windows Phone has faced a very uphill battle since it launched, and yet people keep saying that the fact that developers are not rushing to MSFT en masse is their fault. The chicken-and-egg conundrum is real, but to hear it on Windows Central, you'd swear that Microsoft could manufacture a chicken and have it start laying eggs in seconds. No one, not the juggernauts Apple and Google, arrived at their positions by magic, but we expect Microsoft to just make it happen. Because "reasons" and "marketing" and "flagships".
    a5cent, M7H, jvanlew and 4 others like this.
    01-28-2015 06:45 PM
128 123 ...