Specify Upload Directory for Photos?

ptonantryloc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a way to change the upload directory for photographs on a Windows Phone 8 phone?

I've told my Nokia Lumia 920 to automatically upload all pictures I take with it to my Skydrive location. Unfortunately, it insists on uploading these pictures to a \Pictures 1\Camera Roll directory in my Skydrive account. I assume the "Pictures 1" directory is because I already have a Pictures directory under my Skydrive cloud location (where, wait for it, all my *pictures* are stored), WP8/Skydrive isn't smart enough to use it, and it therefore creates its own top-level directory. I even tried moving the Camera Roll folder from that "Pictures 1" location to the Pictures directory in Skydrive and deleting the whole "Pictures 1" folder, but no luck: the next batch of pictures re-creates the whole "Pictures 1" path.

Normally, I'd just write this off as a standard irritation. But, from the troubles my wife is having accessing that shared Pictures location, it looks like the existence of the "Pictures 1" directory keeps her from opening "Pictures." Until I delete "Pictures 1" all she gets when she tries to open Pictures is a note saying:

"This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to access it. Contact the owner of this item for more information."

The directory also shows zero files/subdirectories under it. As soon as "Pictures 1" is gone, she can access Pictures (though it still shows zero files/subdirectories under it).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes