AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: ATT 920 Users- anyone else having connectivity issues after the 1308 update?

Yes i was in bay area california seems to be fixed now, but now i am having battery drain

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 SW Update 1232.5957.1308.0001 NOW Available

you'll need to check Nokia's latest extras+info update. It should be 1.8.1.140 version. I got mine after I installed the update after the firmware update.

i have the 1308. but when i checked the extra+info, my firmware is 1.5.2.3. when i check for update it says i have the latest update. odd.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone here had any issues with data connectivity after the update? I'm in Atlanta, and for whatever reason, I'm not getting any data connection in areas where I used to have no problem at all connecting.

Yes, i was yesterday for most of the day after the update in california. Seems to be ok now today after trying a little.

Problem is no, i have a battery drain issue. NOt sure if its lockwidget or not, but not liking this drain.

alex2364

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
my GPS is now locating me correctly. It was reporting that I was somewhere close to NY last night. And I noticed that when it was incorrectly locating me, the circular marker in Here Maps (that shows your location on the map) was grayed out. However, this morning when it started locating me correctly the marker was green. Seems to me that last night the GPS wasn't able to get a lock onto the satellites or something. Are you guys still seeing GPS issues?

The GPS locates me fine when I'm in a map app, but after I exit maps, it'll default back to NY after a few hours. Problem with this is that I have my weather live tile and lock screen set to the current GPS location. So it'll think I'm in NY unless I go into HERE Maps and then go into my weather app.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: ATT 920 Users- anyone else having connectivity issues after the 1308 update?

I'm having the same issue. I noticed it just after the update and a reboot cleared it last night but then it showed up again this morning and a reboot fixed it again... I always have bad signal at my desk so I won't know much more until tonight. I hope it clears itself up.

EDIT: Just to try something, I shutdown, removed my sim and started back up. shut back down, put the sim back in and started back up. The phone told me it was now in GSM mode which I've never seen before. I've seen this trick work on VZW LTE phones to get them to update tower info which is why I tried it.

EDIT:EDIT: South West Ohio here and still having issues.

Last edited:

warrentaye

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The GPS locates me fine when I'm in a map app, but after I exit maps, it'll default back to NY after a few hours. Problem with this is that I have my weather live tile and lock screen set to the current GPS location. So it'll think I'm in NY unless I go into HERE Maps and then go into my weather app.

I had this issue also but it seemed to fix itself this morning, but yes location has been wonky. Also amazingly this update made changes to the vibration on the phone, it does not rattle anymore!

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
@NokiaCareUS just replied to my tweet and said that the volume defaulting to 19/30 upon restart is not a bug. It is by design. They say that if your phone's volume was anything below 19 before restarting, the phone should have that same volume level after restarting, but the phone will not start up with a volume higher than 19.

http://twitter.com/NokiaCareUS/status/317325238297821184

http://twitter.com/NokiaCareUS/status/317325236028719106

Too bad I don't remember the behavior from before the firmware update.

9500ix24

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Hmm no issues at all.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Same here my battery was great pre update. Now its pretty bad. But now I'm that "my battery sucks post update" guy. Damnit...

Yes, i was yesterday for most of the day after the update in california. Seems to be ok now today after trying a little.

Problem is no, i have a battery drain issue. NOt sure if its lockwidget or not, but not liking this drain.

SahilShah

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

No issue with my AT&T Black Nokia Lumia 920...I get full 4G LTE in Chicago, Illinois.

epearson2

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
OK so I updated OTA and even tried to manually update all the Nokia Apps by scanning QR codes online someone posted and I am running the 1308 firmware. HOWEVER, I do NOT have the Storage Check app. This is very frustrating. Does anyone have a link or address i can go to on my phone do a manual update/install? or would a soft reset fix it?

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
OK so I updated OTA and even tried to manually update all the Nokia Apps by scanning QR codes online someone posted and I am running the 1308 firmware. HOWEVER, I do NOT have the Storage Check app. This is very frustrating. Does anyone have a link or address i can go to on my phone do a manual update/install? or would a soft reset fix it?

It is NOT an app. It is an option (most likely the last option) under Settings.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

Data now seems to be spotty. Sometimes it is very slow and other times it doesn't want to work. Never had the issue before.

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
After update, my LTE keeps turning off and on, text messages are being sent twice, cant even receive email, not sure if its just att service or if this new update is messing with my connection. tried rebooting, may have to revert back to factory :(

WPer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I notice my phone starts to drop calls after the update. It happens to me every one minute in a five-minute call. Not sure if that is because of my cheek accidentally touching the screen or a signal reception problem. But it never happened before at the same place. (my office)

tehkei

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Yes having issues sending txt messages, LTE keeps loosing connection, sites either load slowly or not at all.

epearson2

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It is NOT an app. It is an option (most likely the last option) under Settings.

Forgive me I misspoke. What I meant was, the QR codes I scanned with the "Vision" search option on the hardware search button that takes you to Bing pulled up the corresponding "Options" that are normally on the settings menu such as "display + touch", "extras + info", etc. However, this did not resolve the issue because there was no QR code that linked my 920 to the Nokia "Setting" to update. Basically it appears as though when the new firmware is installed, the location that "Storage Check" is placed in is on the Settings menu directly below the "extras + info" option. But on my phone it is not there period and I have tripled checked all the firmware and OS versions running to make sure everything is up to date and it is...still no dice.

I have scoured the entire settings menu itself...Nothing.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
@NokiaCareUS just replied to my tweet and said that the volume defaulting to 19/30 upon restart is not a bug. It is by design. They say that if your phone's volume was anything below 19 before restarting, the phone should have that same volume level after restarting, but the phone will not start up with a volume higher than 19.

http://twitter.com/NokiaCareUS/status/317325238297821184

http://twitter.com/NokiaCareUS/status/317325236028719106

Too bad I don't remember the behavior from before the firmware update.

I'm still not sure why you all called this a bug anyway. I don't think that word means what you think it does....

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You are right. I just restarted my phone, turned on GPS, clicked on Search and then on Scout. It didn't bring up a list of nearby restaurants in the eat+drink section. Instead, it said "No location information. Maps can't find your location right now. Try again later."

I then started Here Maps, waited for it to get a fix on my location, then exited Maps, went to Search -> Scout, and this time it brought up a list of nearby restaurants. Weird!

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My connection is very spotty now and it is causing the battery to drain abnormally quickly. It kept switching between no service, Edge, and then "G", sometimes going back to LTE, sometimes just 4G.

I'm in Seattle, WA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon