Internet Sharing + MMS now working on AT&T 920 w/ USA T-Mobile SIM

abedauhajre

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Trooters:

I unlocked my AT&T 920 so that my wife could use it on T-Mobile. I flashed a ROM from T-mobile from Hungary and Internet Sharing worked, then installed 8.1 and IS no longer works is asking for the tethering plan.

I tried to use a GO PHONE AT&T sim card but did not worked. Do I have to find a SIM from outside the U.S. in order to correct it or can I use an AT&T regular sim card.

KongsPhone

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
abedauhajre:

Regular AT&T SIM doesn't work, I tried that already.

I got one of these for $1.99 plus $2.99 shipping: Vodaphone UK Card (used the PayGo settings), cut it with a SIM cutter, worked through OP's steps, and it worked perfectly. Strangely the T-Mobile settings were already in the phone and I didn't need to retype them to get MMS and Internet Sharing. (Rogers Lumia 920)

EKurt

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I just got a no contract 1520 and I unlocked it from AT&T to work on my T-mobile account. Everything is running smoothly except MMS and Internet Sharing. So I just did what you said Antiochian2010 and went into those settings and edited the MMS stuff and it looks like my picture messages are working now, but not my internet sharing. What precisely did you enter into the internet sharing settings. Here is what I have.

wp_ss_20140508_0004.png

robert5377

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
first time I did it access point wouldn't open changed the date and uninstalled it and tried it again on my nokia lumia 1520 by the way I used a Tmobile Germany simcard cut it and followed the steps and it works I rebooted 4 times and it still works
thanks a lot trooters u are the best
p.s. if u try to just install the access point without following the instructions and try to turn on internet sharing u will get a message telling u that your plan don't support hotspot and that u need to upgrade, when u follow the upgrade plan steps it still won't work called Tmobile and everything was set up fine so follow the instructions trooters posted and u will be good

elknimrod

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Your method worked for me on a Verizon branded Lumia Icon unlocked and on TMobile. Internet Sharing came on and I was able to hook up a device. I used a Vodafone(Verizon) NL sim that I cut up to fit.

The big problem is that now there is no data connection, even showing H+ signal. Re-installed Nokia Access Point to no avail. When I went in to Cellular settings and deleted all the APN info the Data Connection came back, but the Internet Sharing went away.

So at this point I guess I don't do Internet Sharing, which is moot anyway since Data is gone when sharing works.

If anyone has a clue for a fix, I'm all ears. Also running WP 8.1.

Thanks,

Ed

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I just got a no contract 1520 and I unlocked it from AT&T to work on my T-mobile account. Everything is running smoothly except MMS and Internet Sharing. So I just did what you said Antiochian2010 and went into those settings and edited the MMS stuff and it looks like my picture messages are working now, but not my internet sharing. What precisely did you enter into the internet sharing settings. Here is what I have.

View attachment 65968

Look back to the very first post on this thread, the OP shows exactly what you need to enter for T-Mobil

chuey101

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
you, my man, are a genius. got internet sharing working on unlocked 1020 on tmo with a Chungwha Taiwanese sim (had to cut a mini sim down to micro size but it worked!)

tomahan

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Does this procedure of using a foreign sim work for a Verizon Lumia 822 trying to use AT&T or does it only work for T-Mobile? I have an 822 working on AT&T but can receive MMS and Internet Sharing doesn't work.

silvertonesx24

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Still can't get internet sharing going on Att 920 on TMobile. Re-did the process with the sim that worked Pre-8.1 and always get "There's no cellular data connection to share right now"

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok so the weirdest thing just happened. Been following this thread trying to get my mms working in unlocked 1520 ATT on TMO. So before buying a new foreign SIM and all that, i tried playing with the mms apn settings as described in other threads on the issue.

At first I did the internet settings and mms only to be able to send messages but not have internet. Then I tried the mms settings apn with default blank internet settings. That gave me internet but no mms. So after playing some more I erased everything and almost gave up only to find mms working. How? Original default settings 😉 don't ask me how. I soft reset several times and I can still receive and send mms when before i couldn't and I still have the original default settings using 8.1. We'll see if this holds up.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
It worked!!! I'm so excited that I finally have Internet sharing once again after upgrading to Windows Phone 8.x (Lumia 900 to Lumia 1020)

I bought a Vodafone PAYG microSIM card by the way. I read some people are spending $20+ for one, damn, you guys just use eBay! Mine was
$1.49
+ $2.25
shipping

2scaramouche

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
[UPDATE: Further research seems to indicate Access Point requires Windows 8. As I indicate below my phone is 7.5 it looks like this solution won't work for me. But, I am leaving the post up in case someone has incorporated the "tethering solution" another way. Thanks.]

Thanks for working so hard on this solution. I have an HTC Titan II (unlocked). It is an AT&T Windows 7.5 phone so I don't know if it fits into the AT&T 920 etal you mention as a requirement.

Our T-Mobile SIM is working fine except for MMS. Internet Sharing is working. At least it indicates such.

I don't have Access Point installed but was wondering if I should install it and try your solution as your "tethering" comments seem applicable. Have you ever been sent feedback on the HTC Titan II? My research seems to be pointing to the Windows 7.5 not allowing for manually inputting the MMS address for T-Mobile. It lets you edit the APN but has limited fields.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am running 8.1 on an unlocked 1020. I updated the MMS and Internet settings through Celluar+SIM when I first got the phone. Today, I uninstalled Network+ though the date change trick. Now Internet sharing works fine, as does picture messaging. Thank you!

EDIT: Just kidding. Worked once... Can't get it to work again

Last edited:

Wee Ling Yong

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I have 1020 and did the steps. After that, I don't see an option for Cellular or sim option to allow me to input the SIM settings. Any idea what I have done wrong? Thanks.

SurfrGal

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I found an easier way which it works for me, hope it helps.

Go to settings>access point>press + (create a fake access) after putting a fake connection name>fake access point>go down to MMS APN>write a fake mms access point>then press the check mark(as created) then activate, obviously this doesn't have any access for which is fake>get back to access point and press your provider (which is still there over your fake one) and press and activate>delete the fake provider>go to internet share and voila! it works now will show you that you can have 8 guests. :amaze::grin::grin::amaze:

makoute

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I found an easier way which it works for me, hope it helps.

Go to settings>access point>press + (create a fake access) after putting a fake connection name>fake access point>go down to MMS APN>write a fake mms access point>then press the check mark(as created) then activate, obviously this doesn't have any access for which is fake>get back to access point and press your provider (which is still there over your fake one) and press and activate>delete the fake provider>go to internet share and voila! it works now will show you that you can have 8 guests. :amaze::grin::grin::amaze:

That did not work for me! I am using a 925 on tmobile though:amaze:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon