Screen Sensitivity Issue Status in Cyan (1520)

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
LMAO! Welcome to my world! Most phones I either feel dread and remember crap that has gone wrong with them or eye them with suspicion. It was the same when I worked on cars for a living.....oh no I wonder what certain types of doctors go through (I'll be no more graphic than that).

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I had to go ahead perform this special procedure on my 1520. It was just acting up too much and too often. If what Hesham is saying is right and I believe he is. Squeezing in any place and bending the phone is not a good solution. It just makes it worse eventually. This however seems to be the best solution. I did it last night and my phone hasn't acted up at all and that's a miracle for my phone. The only thing I didn't do was the step with heat gun, cause I don't have one. I have to go back in cause I didn't hook up the antennas properly and now my signal is bad but it's no biggy. I've been down this road before. Just detach and reattach and make it's on securely. Hesham you are the man. And if this solution still doesn't work later down the road, well at least you've improved our quality of life till the end.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
LMAO! Welcome to my world! Most phones I either feel dread and remember crap that has gone wrong with them or eye them with suspicion. It was the same when I worked on cars for a living.....oh no I wonder what certain types of doctors go through (I'll be no more graphic than that).

You should see the way I pick up and handle my 1520. You'd think it's a newborn baby. I can't wait to have a brand new phone that I never have to operate on. So I can go back to being a regular person.

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
And this is the very reason my BLU Win HD has become my daily use phone now. While I have to baby my 1520, I can abuse (relatively) my BLU and the little bugger takes it all without a problem. One of my jobs is a physically demanding job and I have broken 521s and 635s in the past. It is the most sturdy smartphone I have ever used, and despite the snapdragon 200 it performs smoothy while giving me that Snapdragon 200 battery life.

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Donny, I hope it work too , was thinking about 640 but I got a basic Samsung for application, build quality is bad with touch delay during charging but you get application update each few days, it's the golden egg for developers, waiting for Windows 10

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
after 10 days, i got little problem but something new, there is a certain area on the rubber frame when i hold it while watching a video , the phone vibrate as if am pressing the window button key, i check this area behind the rubber i found a thin layer of glass under and tiny piece of it shattered into 3 little pieces,
i dont remember i use a hard tool with this phone, never fall , i believe now that is the main problem its connected with digitzer thats why when ever i take off back cover phone scroll smother cause back cover apply pressure on the phone front glass ,might come this way from factory due to design or because phone too big and i used to put it on front pocket apply some pressure on it and glass shattered around frame which i will never see it , changing the entire lcd will fix it as some said this and it might come back again due to the fragile of design as some said too it return back after a while of use with new lcd, better be careful with this phone treat it like a baby never leave carry case , last thing how could i buy again from a company ignore our problems!

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
You can't carry this phone in your pocket without a really hard case to protect it from bending or compressing. Once this fix is done, your gonna need a case like the one I linked to.

dex857

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 1520 for about 3 weeks. Bought off eBay used. Worked GREAT for first 3 weeks.. LOVE IT.. Then the screen jitters and random "stuff" started happening on the screen. So off to Google I go.. I read all the theories on what is wrong.. I come to my own conclusion. It is a screen issue. I read a little more on the interweb.. I do all the stuff with little to no help. I still believe its a screen issue not an issue with contacts.
So.. I have nothing to lose as the fun is running out of this phone and it is going to get smashed and replaced. So this is what I have done to "fix" the issue.
READY...
I took a heat gun and a touchless digital thermometer. I layed the phone on my bench and started applying heat to the glass. Waving the heat gun back and forth until I got a temp of between 155-185 I kept that temp for about 45-60 seconds. Constantly moving the heat gun. After that time I let the phone cool. Turned it on... WORKS LIKE NEW... I am not kidding, I am not trying get you cook your phone. I think that the digitizer and the LCD are separating. the heat resolitifies the glue or what ever is in there. It worked for me.. My phone was getting to the point of being unusable. So I felt I had little to lose.. It has been 24 hours with a perfect phone...

Go slow on the heat and monitor the temp ...

If you try it and it works please post to help others..

Good luck...

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Lumia 1520 for about 3 weeks. Bought off eBay used. Worked GREAT for first 3 weeks.. LOVE IT.. Then the screen jitters and random "stuff" started happening on the screen. So off to Google I go.. I read all the theories on what is wrong.. I come to my own conclusion. It is a screen issue. I read a little more on the interweb.. I do all the stuff with little to no help. I still believe its a screen issue not an issue with contacts.
So.. I have nothing to lose as the fun is running out of this phone and it is going to get smashed and replaced. So this is what I have done to "fix" the issue.
READY...
I took a heat gun and a touchless digital thermometer. I layed the phone on my bench and started applying heat to the glass. Waving the heat gun back and forth until I got a temp of between 155-185 I kept that temp for about 45-60 seconds. Constantly moving the heat gun. After that time I let the phone cool. Turned it on... WORKS LIKE NEW... I am not kidding, I am not trying get you cook your phone. I think that the digitizer and the LCD are separating. the heat resolitifies the glue or what ever is in there. It worked for me.. My phone was getting to the point of being unusable. So I felt I had little to lose.. It has been 24 hours with a perfect phone...

Go slow on the heat and monitor the temp ...

If you try it and it works please post to help others..

Good luck...

I'm not going to nit-pick just give you some info that will help us understand what occurred there.

The digitizer is attached by a VERY thin layer of OCA (not a liquid type) to the Gorilla Glass. This assembly is then attached by a relatively thick layer of OCA to the LCD and frame. The most common cause of the digitizer instability is actually the frame it's self being bent or bending enough to cause stress on the glass/digitizer assembly.

Something I have come across is that those aftermarket battery/rear covers that you see for ~$20 do not fit properly. Often enough they cause stress themselves due to the tight fit and the molding not being "true". Over time either the frame, the cover, or both are going to conform in some way. As the frame relents to the pressures the cover is causing, the screen gets twisted causing the stress that results in the instability.

In the end my guess is that the heat softened the plastic of the cover enough to allow the frame to straighten out. But it's a guess.

dex857

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
It has been almost a week. and everything is working great... I disagree with the post that it is the back cover being softened by the heat. Nothing happened to it to deform it.. The phone worked great for 3-4 weeks... It does not have an after market back. It was never in any other case nor was it sat on ... I am careful with my phones. In my opinion it is the digitizer. The heat does something to it.. What, I do not know nor would I guess.. I can tell what is for sure... Heating the glass fixed an otherwise unusable phone that had the screen jitters. No more random touches. no more weird scrolling..
I am sure that there are tons of people who will have all manner of opinions.. If they can duplicate the errors and say that doing X fixes it.. great That being said.. The facts is what the facts is..

Quote "I took a heat gun and a touchless digital thermometer. I layed the phone on my bench and started applying heat to the glass. Waving the heat gun back and forth until I got a temp of between 155-185 I kept that temp for about 45-60 seconds. Constantly moving the heat gun. After that time I let the phone cool. Turned it on... WORKS LIKE NEW... I am not kidding, I am not trying get you cook your phone. I think that the digitizer and the LCD are separating. the heat resolitifies the glue or what ever is in there. " end quote.

Take it for what it is.. If your phone is basically unusable... what do you have to lose... Legalize - Your results may very... :smile:

Luigi Zarlenga

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I think you might have a point here. I've been using this phone for two years now, and problems with touch screen have always been there, especially swipe/touch issues. I literally tried EVERYTHING to fix it. I got to the point that every night after work I tried to change something. I used to disassemble the phone and try, at first just the bending thing, then tightening the screws, to the point that I tried insulating parts of the pcb from the rest with different materials or adding ground contacts between pcb and metal frame underneath. I finally tried to solve the problem purchasing a new 1520. Obviously, that didn't solve a thing. Same problems as before. I just gave up disassembly the phone every night a couple of month ago, 'cause it was driving me nuts. Oddly enough, in the last couple of weeks the touch/swipe issue seems to be gone. At first I thought that maybe some good Mighty God Of Mobile Phones had listened to my prayers, and was afraid He would want my soul in return, but after reading your post i realized that one day I left the phone inside the car under the sun for ten minutes (I know, never do that!), and when I returned to the car it was burning hot. End of story? Not really. Three days ago I dropped the phone (first time ever, always treated like a baby), and cracked the screen. Maybe the Mighty God saw me too happy. It still works fine with no touch issues, but I ordered a new screen and I'm confident that it will have touch problems, but I will definitely try the heat gun thing to fix it

th34monk3ys

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I had a hong Kong phone, it developed screen issues, bending did actually help it, this proves to me the contacts are loose in the case, warming up the glue may work.

On another side note, second hand uk one I've never seen any issues. 1 year on after dropping etc!

I am glad my hk one had cellular modem problems showed me the fact the screen is faulty from start! Should of got it replaced earlier!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes