Screen Sensitivity Issue Status in Cyan (1520)

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
upoad wpc.jpg

-pic 1 unsecrew those 5 secreow marked with red
-pic 2 this is a picture from the other side, use a heat gun on the red rectangle mark to make sure ribbon not losing its solder, not too much but enough to heat it while press it to make sure its connected firm with board, and rise up those terminals marked with red to make better contact with the back of lcd, be careful not too much they are so sensitive
-pic3 this is a view after taking the main phone board, there is 2 marked area, one is for digitizer ribbon make sure its connect tight
other for something look like a grounding, rise it up a little with screw drive and you are done
so far phone work fine, if anything happen i will let you know

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 104641

-pic 2 this is a picture from the other side, use a heat gun on the red rectangle mark to make sure ribbon not losing its solder, not too much but enough to heat it while press it to make sure its connected firm with board, and rise up those terminals marked with red to make better contact with the back of lcd, be careful not too much they are so sensitive
-pic3 this is a view after taking the main phone board, there is 2 marked area, one is for digitizer ribbon make sure its connect tight
other for something look like a grounding, rise it up a little with screw drive and you are done

Y'Know i was kinds thinking the same thing about those connectors terminals [Marked with red dots]. I thought they were not connecting properly with the digitizer. I even gave a few a close look to see if they were bent down a little. I couldn't tell the difference though. Thanks.

sahand riazi

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 104641

thanks. I'm trying this. but actually there are 4 screws in picture 1, not 5!

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
This phone is sensitive I hope u watched YouTube video before u opened it, there is a good 20 min video on screen replacement search for it shall help u

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
then reverse and check, give more attention to the terminal on the back of mother board, if u cant see video i guess u can download a pdf on how to disassemble lumia 1520
things to be careful when you working
don't take off the whole mother board just rise it up quarter inch so you can use screw driver to rise terminal up
why, cause vibrator motor is hard to put it back and sometime wont work, mother board wont come out as soon as u unscrew (5 secrews and one for secure cable of the battery and charger terminal under sink adhesive) it why cause
the proximity sensor is glued to the frame it will need some time to take it out from the frame
take it to mobile service shop if it going to be complicated, good luck

Hesham Fouad

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
3-5% at most for the lower ones
and 20-30% at the back of the mother board
and skip heat gun, could ruin your cables,i will pay more attention to the back of mother board, but i did check all grounding to be sure all is fine
under motherboard there is some slop down push them down and rest of terminal slop up ,push them up

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michaelj