Cyan and LTE

antixian

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Exiva - you are a god among men! i used fiddler to do this (i didnt setup any automated rules so i did it on break points manually) and was able to use your package to update my lumia 920. i have LTE back, it shows a "L" next to my signal and speedtest.net app reports 35.53Mbps down 15.47Mbps up. thank you so much! I had the RM-820 rogers rom on my device and so i didnt need to change the RM-820 requests but only needed to change my product code with the product code you used - 059R2L5 - in your package your uploaded. Most excellent, thank you!

internet tethering no longer works though even with the spanish keyboard install trick. oh well. good to have lte back at least!

exiva

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Exiva - you are a god among men! i used fiddler to do this (i didnt setup any automated rules so i did it on break points manually) and was able to use your package to update my lumia 920. i have LTE back, it shows a "L" next to my signal and speedtest.net app reports 35.53Mbps down 15.47Mbps up. thank you so much! I had the RM-820 rogers rom on my device and so i didnt need to change the RM-820 requests but only needed to change my product code with the product code you used - 059R2L5 - in your package your uploaded. Most excellent, thank you!

internet tethering no longer works though even with the spanish keyboard install trick. oh well. good to have lte back at least!

Yea, you only had to change the RM-821 to RM-820 if you had the french rom. I should note that it's dependent on the rom you have now. I wonder if the foreign sim trick works. I don't have one handy so I can't try it.

worawson

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for your time and work.

I used Fiddler I haven't verified LTE fix yet as I have to travel to get Signal but I will try today.

Fiddler 4 Version 4.4.9.3
Replace the / with . in ("www/caresuite/nokia/com") it won't let me post the url
Replace '059N5T3' with the Product Code of your Device.

This is the code to add to the Fiddler Script.

if (oSession.HostnameIs("www/caresuite/nokia/com") && oSession.oRequest.headers.ExistsAndContains("Content-Type","text/xml")){
oSession.utilReplaceInRequest('RM-821','RM-820');
oSession.utilReplaceInRequest('059N5T3','059R2L5');
}

Place inside :
static function OnBeforeRequest(oSession: Session) {

Last edited:

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for your time and work.

I used Fiddler I haven't verified LTE fix yet as I have to travel to get Signal but I will try today.

Fiddler 4 Version 4.4.9.3
Replace the / with . in ("www/caresuite/nokia/com") it won't let me post the url
Replace '059N5T3' with the Product Code of your Device.

This is the code to add to the Fiddler Script.

if (oSession.HostnameIs("www/caresuite/nokia/com") && oSession.oRequest.headers.ExistsAndContains("Content-Type","text/xml")){
oSession.utilReplaceInRequest('059N5T3','059R2L5');
}

Place inside :

I put your code in on the composer tab (my first mistake?) and pressed execute, but I get an error saying a connection couldn't be made because the target machine refused it. Fiddler isn't a terribly inviting program for someone who doesn't have a clue what they're doing, so I'm not even sure I'm putting your text in the right place. You don't have to use the manual proxy settings in Nokia Recovery Tool if you are using Fiddler, correct?

antixian

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I put your code in on the composer tab (my first mistake?) and pressed execute, but I get an error saying a connection couldn't be made because the target machine refused it. Fiddler isn't a terribly inviting program for someone who doesn't have a clue what they're doing, so I'm not even sure I'm putting your text in the right place. You don't have to use the manual proxy settings in Nokia Recovery Tool if you are using Fiddler, correct?

i'm using fiddler2 and to get to rules you need to Choose Rules > Customize Rules from the menu at the top of the program. it will open CustomRules.js and then in that file around line 134:

paste the following inside that function (i only have 3 posts so i cannot post the actual hostname properly - remove the spaces between the .'s in the code below):

if (oSession.HostnameIs("www . caresuite . nokia . com") && oSession.oRequest.headers.ExistsAndContains("Content-Type","text/xml")){
// optional if your device is set to something other than RM-821. mine was already RM-820
// so i did not require it. change it to match your device, comment out this line or delete it out

// Replace the first product code with your actual device product code
oSession.utilReplaceInRequest('059L848','059R2L5');
}

save that file.

then in nokia care recovery tool under network change the proxy to address: 127.0.0.1 port: 8888. i set this up then closed the program, had fiddler open and ready, and then opened nokia recovery tool again so it started capturing requests from the beginning.

this should work if you are using fiddler2.

worawson

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes very good instructions. by antixian

Hello,
I am no expert with fiddler put I did fiddle with it to get this working. I did still manually add 127.0.0.1 port 8888 to NSRT
With Win 8 and Win 8.1 there is sometimes problem intercepting traffic on the local machine. There is a button for Win 8 Config that can exempt processes from this protection. There is help from Telerik on the windows 8 config. I also Selected decode https under fiddler options and allowed the certificate to install. On the right hand side is a tab for FiddlerScript this is where the code goes. Also It might be easier to use the Fiddler Script editor that is a stand alone program I think installs with Fiddler or with the Syntax Extension. If you mess up the Fiddler Script there is instructions on deleting it and fiddler will create a new working one.

worawson

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
i'm using fiddler2 and to get to rules you need to Choose Rules > Customize Rules from the menu at the top of the program. it will open CustomRules.js and then in that file around line 134:

paste the following inside that function (i only have 3 posts so i cannot post the actual hostname properly - remove the spaces between the .'s in the code below):

if (oSession.HostnameIs("www . caresuite . nokia . com") && oSession.oRequest.headers.ExistsAndContains("Content-Type","text/xml")){
// optional if your device is set to something other than RM-821. mine was already RM-820
// so i did not require it. change it to match your device, comment out this line or delete it out

}

save that file.

then in nokia care recovery tool under network change the proxy to address: 127.0.0.1 port: 8888. i set this up then closed the program, had fiddler open and ready, and then opened nokia recovery tool again so it started capturing requests from the beginning.

This is a very good way to use fiddler2 and Works.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

}

save that file.

Thanks for the help. I'm getting close, but the Nokia Software Recovery Tool is still throwing errors (though a new one this time - 0x80070002). It's still trying to download firmware, which, to my knowledge, shouldn't be happening since we're fooling the program into flashing the ATT Dev ROM that's already on the computer. I've checked the code 3 times - even added that unnecessary RM821/820 line though my phone is currently on the Rogers ROM...no dice.

Maybe I'll reinstall Fiddler2 and get everything back to default. I may have jacked up some settings when I was "fiddling" around with it earlier.

exiva

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I'm getting close, but the Nokia Software Recovery Tool is still throwing errors (though a new one this time - 0x80070002). It's still trying to download firmware, which, to my knowledge, shouldn't be happening since we're fooling the program into flashing the ATT Dev ROM that's already on the computer. I've checked the code 3 times - even added that unnecessary RM821/820 line though my phone is currently on the Rogers ROM...no dice.

Maybe I'll reinstall Fiddler2 and get everything back to default. I may have jacked up some settings when I was "fiddling" around with it earlier.

If you want, PM me and I can help you out on skype or something.

mdecker79

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Odd.. I have everything setup correct per here and I'm still getting "The selected phone is not supported by Nokia Software Recovery Tool..

exiva

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Odd.. I have everything setup correct per here and I'm still getting "The selected phone is not supported by Nokia Software Recovery Tool..

Make sure your filter for the product code is right. 059L848 may not be your devices product code. It's on the left side of the Nokia recovery tool. Also make sure the root certificate from Fiddler is installed as this is HTTPS traffic you need to modify.

mdecker79

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Make sure your filter for the product code is right. 059L848 may not be your devices product code. It's on the left side of the Nokia recovery tool. Also make sure the root certificate from Fiddler is installed as this is HTTPS traffic you need to modify.

Yup that was the first part. Thank you. Getting the same 0x80070002 error now as above though.

mdecker79

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
After I downloaded your zip file I let Nokia recovery tool download the AT&T rom to the RM-820 directory and this was giving me the above error when I tried to flash that rom.

I renamed your RM-821 directory to RM-820 and it's currently flashing after just getting the 0x80070002 error with the other downloaded rom. fingers crossed.

wongsik

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey exiva and worawson,

Thanks for coming up with this fix!

I got everything working up to the point to after I click on install on NSRT. After agreeing to the terms, and clicking on continue, it attempts to download the firmware and gives a network problem. I am on a W8.1 machine using Fiddler 4. First time using fiddler and messing around with proxies. Is there something I'm missing?

edit: Never mind. It's flashing now. I'm using Nokia Care Suite instead of Nokia Software Recovery Tool. It is not giving the error that it was before about not being the right package. Instead, it asked if I want to continue flashing with different product code. Now my fingers are crossed that I'll be back on AT&T firmware w/ Cyan and working LTE.

Last edited:

worawson

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey exiva and worawson,

Thanks for coming up with this fix!

I got everything working up to the point to after I click on install on NSRT. After agreeing to the terms, and clicking on continue, it attempts to download the firmware and gives a network problem. I am on a W8.1 machine using Fiddler 4. First time using fiddler and messing around with proxies. Is there something I'm missing?
I would try and see that Fiddler is intercepting the traffic. On the Left side you should see lines that have Nokia in them also with win 8.1 sometimes you have to run the win 8 config tool there is a button upper right in Fiddler. This is https traffic and you must install the Fiddler SSL Certificates. This should be automatic when you select Decrypt Https in Fiddler Options. But make sure you accept all requests to install Certificates and must likely you should check ignore Certificate Errors. The Product code must match your actual product code of your device. This is shown in the NSRT on the right. You might have to rename the directory to RM-820 that the downloaded rom is in as opposed to RM-821 actually you can just copy it and have both then your covered. You should also manually set the proxy to 127.0.0.1 port 8888 in the NSRT under Network settings.
Fiddler hast to act as the Man in the Middle and change the requests from NSRT to the proper Device Type and Product Code. The Correct Product and Version Rom Must be located in either \ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-820 or \ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821 I am not sure what determines which Directory to use. It maybe as simple as if the device is currently 820 or 821.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2