Cannot stop run mode when using GPS

RALPH OCAMPO1

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I have had my Band now for a few months and recently found it in a mode where I cannot stop the run mode while using the GPS.

Every morning I start a 5 mile walk at 6:30 AM. Recently I have started exercising using 2 pound weights in each hand while walking.

At the end of the 5 miles I select the action button to get the "Resume" and "End" on screen buttons. In the last two weeks I have had five occurrences where pressing the "End" button does not respond. Now that I am using 2 pound weight my hands to get sweaty, but even wiping my hands on my shorts does not seam to help.

When the Band is in this state I try pressing the action button again to get back to the incrementing walk timer display, then press the action button again to redisplay the "Resume" and "End" on screen buttons. I even take off the Band. It sometimes takes two to three minutes before enough attempts give my responsive on screen buttons.

I have also noticed a couple times where the "End" button, after pressed, stayed highlighted. Pressing the "Resume" button that was not highlighted did nothing. One time when I pressed "Resume" it also stayed highlighted.

Is this a touch screen problem? Is my band starting to fail? Is there anything else I can do to fix this behavior?

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I just returned my band for repair because the action button stopped working everything else worked fine but could not change screens with the action button. My band is in the Microsoft repair center in Texas as I tell you I should have it back next week.

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Is this a touch screen problem? Is my band starting to fail? Is there anything else I can do to fix this behavior?
I think several of us have experienced the same thing. My sense is that as a capacitive touch screen the Band is very sensitive to moisture. I have to REALLY dry my fingertips off after running before I can get a good swipe. I also find that if it's not budging, I need to dry the screen off as well.

​-Matt

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
This has nothing to do with swiping the screen, the action button has stopped working not from sweat it has frozen in place and will not function

gadgetrants

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
This has nothing to do with swiping the screen, the action button has stopped working not from sweat it has frozen in place and will not function
I read their comment to mean that when they try to pause/end a run, they can't get the onscreen (End/Resume) "buttons" to respond. I didn't think they we're having a problem with the physical Action button, but I could be wrong!

​-Matt

RALPH OCAMPO1

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
You are correct Matt. I have no problem with the action button. The touch screen is not responding and the "End" and "Resume" buttons sometimes appear to get locked in a highlighted state.

poit57

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
As Matt said, I would think the problem might be with a little moisture on the screen and not just your fingers. I had this same issue with my new Lumia 830 a few days ago because I took a phone call shortly after a run. I had to wipe the screen several times before the touch screen functioned again. It didn't help that my clothes that I was trying to use to wipe the screen were also pretty sweaty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire