What keeps you with Windows Phone?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned above, the Windows Phone Keyboard is the best soft keyboard in my opinion out of the Windows Phone, Android (many different options) and iOS.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Nokia's amazing cameras are the biggest reason I'm staying. I also love the way the OS is designed and looks! And how fluid and fast it is.

To make me really happy and not even think about switching, notifications really need to be fixed. There are very few apps that deliver notifications on time for me (my biggest problem is Facebook). A few more official apps like Instagram and Snapchat would also make me happy :)

Edit: How could I forget? Nokia's phone designs and build quality are another reason keeping me with them!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses... keep them coming.

I'm sure we can all name negatives... but let's not get sidetracked, please!

"What keeps you with WP". The cons/negatives aren't what keep you.

The main reason I started the thread was to find new ways to use my WP and hopefully does the same for others.

Ahmed Hassan7

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Basically the awesome metro style the brilliant UI & live tiles also it rarely lags not like android which lags every 2 seconds

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
When I use an iphone, the sheer lack of a back button to close an app when you are done using makes my brain hurt. The way you have to bounce back to the home screen, then open a task manager feature with a double tap. That is very very annoying.

Android is a whole other mess. Fragmentation, poor performance and more plague Android. While the newest generations of Android phones are getting better, I still just don't like the options.

Blackberry is something that I haven't really looked into much with the BB10. I think that there are bad times ahead for them...

This makes it sound like Windows Phone is just the least bad choice, but I don't consider it that way. I just really like the way the core OS operates. I like the concept of the hubs, even though it never quite worked out the way Microsoft had intended at the beginning. I really like the big informative tiles that display relevant information...if you were to look at the list of apps I use on a daily basis, it would not match how I use the phone. I use Weatherbug every single day, but I haven't launched the app in weeks.

I think WP8 got a big boost with Nokia and it's user experience. Their phones are just very well built, good looking phones. And their apps, like turn by turn GPS is just fantastic.

rianash

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Great navigation with Here Drive. I tried it offline in my home country (Indonesia) while travelling to an outside-of-town-beach-restaurant (Klapa, Uluwatu, Bali, anyone?). From the highway to the lowway, Here Drive correctly guided me to my destination.

I don't know, Google Maps may also do that online (haven't tried it). But having offline navigation, my mind is at peace during the driving (not worrying if there'll be blank spots along the way), and is concentrating more on driving (while listening to the direction). And, Here Drive spoken guidance is available in my language. Wow..

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone has always drawn me back over the years. Off the top of my head:

Hardware- I love the variety of hardware, and I LOVE Nokia. So that makes it easy. While I wish I had flash at times, the form factor of the 520 is PERFECT. Love this phone.

UI- even with the defects, I prefer the look of this phone over all the other OS out there. Metro looks beautiful and makes even third party apps look better than the originals. The volume/music control, the font style, the consistency of performance from top line devices to low end. Just love it.

Customization- windows phone does this completely the way that I want. While android has a vast amount of options to change your device, its overwhelming. Organizing my live tiles the way I want with apps and my group contacts makes the phone feel like a phone made for me versus the length of time it takes to do with android. I also appreciate the lack of multiple notification areas. I'm glad that I can pick which apps I want to be alerting me about things versus having to clear EVERY APP NOTIFICATION in various places.

Overall this phone hits every point i need in a device. Regardless of what
it can't do, it works for me

Sent from that other device using Tapatalk

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's just my phone OS of choice.

I've always thought that iPhones were for people who want the same as everyone else. Androids are for people who want an iPhone but want to feel more aloof than iPhone owners.

I'm happy that MS have created something new and have broken away from the pack.

LastBattle

May 26, 2012
Visit site
  1. Be unique, not a bunch of followers.
  2. Windows ecosystem, and as a developer on WP/W8 myself.
  3. Best keyboard in the market
  4. Lag free (sorry android, octa core still doesn't fix it)
  5. Best camera (Lumia 1020)

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
The Windows ecosystem, camera, keyboard, clean and smooth interface, and the live tiles. they keep me busy. I can never stop messing with my homescreen.

George Jenkinson

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I am new to WP, but I am very happy.

What appeals to me over other phones and ecosystems is:

Good looking & well built Nokia phones
Good cameras
Easy to use UI, which looks OK
Integration with my laptop
reasonable price to purchase handset
Fluid OS with no lag
It's not Android/Google based (who want to know everything about me)
The apps (at least seem to) give the impression of not gathering info on me while I use them

ankurjain1702

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I like the OS very much for it's simplicity and no nosense approach. One thing I hate about the OS 7.8 is lack of facility to transfer word or excel documents from PC to mobile. Only way to share the docs is via SkyDrive or Box... And both of these things are useless if you internet connection is not working

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Tapatalk

slap0rama

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I love the look and style of wp8. It is so refreshing to look at compared to how Android and iphone looks. I also love the keyboard! Switching from an Android phone, I thought I would really miss swype but it turned out that the wp8 keyboard was amazing. Plus, I like having a different phone compared to the numerous amount of iphones I see on a daily basis.

giffis

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
WP freshness, Navigation And Camera.
When a kid is born and when he/she grow up, you have lot of excitement everyday. I get that feel of something new everyday by using WP. Iphone and Android are like teenagers (ha ha)

prakashdg

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Well,having used both android and Nokia belle fp2, I have the following reasons:

1) no lag in windows o.s...comparing to even android...even the animations to open the apps and for switching screens are quicker
2)somehow, I don't prefer ios, maybe because it is kind of bland and restricts users to stay within the apple ecosystem unless u pay for stuff,be it apps or adapters..
3)I have the best of everything in my 1020
4)if only the battery life was better (even by about 500 mah or so) and the contract price was reduced by 50 usd, most smartphone users will seriously consider windows phone.
5)the live tiles are just more professional than funky animated widgets to me.
6)oh, and it looks and feels awesome too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes