Surface GIVEAWAY contestants gather here

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2017
Visit site
Who wants a free Surface Laptop from Windows Central!!!!!:wink::wink:
That's a ridiculous question, right? Who doesn't!!!:smile::devil:

Rule No.3 Participate in our Surface Laptop forums. (Each individual post you make counts as an entry!):excited:

So I made a new thread to post "GIVEAWAY talks"...:angel:

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Who wants a free Surface Laptop from Windows Central!!!!!:wink::wink:
That's a ridiculous question, right? Who doesn't!!!:smile::devil:

Rule No.3 Participate in our Surface Laptop forums. (Each individual post you make counts as an entry!):excited:

So I made a new thread to post "GIVEAWAY talks"...:angel:

It is really cute how this thread has the maximum replies. Great to join the group of hopefuls.

ale2999

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The surface laptop looks good. What if the May 23rd announcement is the new surface pro which would be the new tablet/mobile solution? Here is hoping to that

Christopher_He

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I really hope I win aswell. My girlfriend needs a new laptop for decades. Her current one is 6 years old and it takes ages to boot up the maschine. By the time an update is installed there's already a new one available. :D
Windows 10 S might be perfect for her, as she doesn't use many apps that are not availble in the store.

abrichman

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Cute or affirmation that folks actually like this machine quite a bit despite the teeth-gnashing about USB Type C and non convertibility?

GrizzlyStrong

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I want to talk about Microsoft decision to put Windows 10 S on expensive device. At first it seem to me it was just a Chrome Pixel copy. But the more I put more taught of if, I can see what they were going for.
If you think of the type of user that use, Windows or even Mac OS, you have your developers (like me), Creators, and Artist, where currently we need the full power of the Operating System.
Then I think of the rest of my people in my life and even the ones I have worked with and the way the used the PC.
My kids and my wife, all they need is a web browser and maybe some Office apps.

Now we all know that the Windows Store is not great right now, but I think with the addition of the upcoming Office apps, iTunes and some other ones. I think this is all some people need, plus with the added security which for me is huge, I don't have to worry too much about cleaning out my families laptops all the time and worry about what they are downloading.
And with kids I bet that the parental controls will be even better.
Also I forgot to mention that having Xbox on Windows is huge for gamers like myself.

I know that Windows 10 S is great for schools but I wonder if business and some consumers will adopt this new way of computing.

Genex13

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm a Student of computational mathematics and currently writing my bachelor Thesis, so i sure hope to win this, be it just for the writing experience.
What i'm interested in, is how Windows 10 pro would decrease the performance and battery life of the laptop, as I'm dependant on non-store programs like mathematica and matlab in everyday life.

kcchiefs82

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else has extensive experience with using a 3:2 aspect ratio laptop. I have primarily used 16:9 and 16:10. Does it get old seeing black bars for videos? I'm taller so often times wish my laptop sat up taller too. Wondering if this makes a difference for anyone?

Genex13

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Unless a company uses their own mandatory non-store applications (e.g. in telecomunication Business) or the consumer is a professional, I don't see anything beeing a point against Windows 10s in Business. I'm too curious how this will develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes