AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 1308 firmware update Questions, Comments, and Bugs

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I never had battery issues but I was at 50% at the end of the update and it drained within an hour. Anyone else getting this?

My Lumia 920's battery life wasn't spectacular before the update, but its gotten worse after the update. I'll give it a couple days to see if it was a one time thing or stays this way.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I am not seeing a drop in speeds. Checked via Speedtest.net and downlink is 12.69Mbps and uplink is 5.13Mbps. Pretty similar to what i used to get before the firmware upgrade. ATT San Diego.

Seems fine for me in the Chicago area as well, I just got 12.64 Mbps down and 8.53 Mbps up.

alex2364

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After the update, I've noticed to 2 bugs. I always leave my volume at 20/30 and when I turn off and turn my phone back on, it always changes my volume to 19/30. Also, after a restart, it always changes my GPS location to Long Island City, NY. Anyone else notice this?

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The front camera is still flickering. I guess that wasn't addressed in this update.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
After the update, I've noticed to 2 bugs. I always leave my volume at 20/30 and when I turn off and turn my phone back on, it always changes my volume to 19/30. Also, after a restart, it always changes my GPS location to Long Island City, NY. Anyone else notice this?
I just checked, and observed both bugs. The 2nd one worries me quite a bit . Wonder how I can reset Here Maps to show my location correctly.
Edit: Tweeted @nokiaus and @nokiacareus.
Edit: GPS seems to be locating me correctly this morning. Volume problem still present and it defaults to 19/30 after a power down power up sequence.

Last edited:

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery is draining quicker now also. After a fresh on/off of the phone and it not getting hot the phone is idling and more juice is being drained than usual. This operating system/phone is so messed up

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
After the update, getting 22.64Mbps Down and 12.42MBPS Up. That's while sitting in the RenCe/GM Bldg in Detroit, MI directly across the river from Windsor Ontario, Canada. I have to say, I am always amazed at the "bugs" people report after an update. Never had a single one myself. And I am a person who downloads and tries alot of software.

The GPS is a known glitch, especially with AT&T. I show as being in Hoboken today, though I am in Detroit as previously mentioned. I can't explain the -1 decrease in volume, thought on a soft reset I tend to hit the vol dn before the power so that accounts for a minor decrease there. After loading stuff, I always reset. Kind of like rebooting windows after a program install.

Maybe MS should have taken the same approach as apple and come out with a one single model of phone. Imagine if they had done that with PCs??? It would have been a very boring PC world.

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 SW Update 1232.5957.1308.0001 NOW Available

Yay! I'm very slowly downloading it now. Hopefully it takes care of the random freeze ups, I guess I'll try for the ol' swap-a-roo.
my phone used to randomly shutdown, this was a hardware issue, i had to do a warranty exchange no problems since then, i don't think software update can fix your issue.

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

Chad Estes

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
How long did you let it run? I have a bunch of app on my device so the first run took more than 5 minutes I'd say before it stopped spinning. I went from 3 gb used to 339 mb used now.

I have let it run for 10 minutes. I kept it up the entire time by tapping the screen periodically. It just keeps spinning. I do have a lot more used data than you, up to 21GB.

EDIT: I am trying again right now. This time I have set the screen lockout to 30 minutes. If it doesn't happen, well something isn't right.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
For me, the auto brightness flicker is still there. It is not seen in all lighting scenarios, but if I am in my house, in a moderately to low lit room, I can see the screen "auto adjust" its brightness is very noticeable increments, looking like a flicker. A small move of the screen in any direction will once again cause it to adjust back up, still with the flicker.

Anyone else who had this issue before, still seeing it?

footneek

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Working well today. Seems the tower next to my home has issues with LTE. Phone does not readily switch to available 3G as before update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2