1,870 1234 ...
tools
    Nope... check back in a week... or two.
    07-18-2014 01:50 AM
    Nope... check back in a week... or two.
    Or four...

Just kidding, I check every few hours.
    07-18-2014 07:41 AM
    We fall for this everytime. Verizion is completely capable of doing "pre-testing and FCC certification" PRIOR to the final releases be pushed. What this means: Apple iPhones must ALSO be tested and certififed by the FCC, but Verizion works directly with Apple to have the iOS updates and iPhone firmware updates "pre-tested" and FCC certified PRIOR to Apple actually releasing the updates which allows all iPhones to get updated IMMEDIATELY upon release of the update = NO WAITING ON VERIZON TO TEST! Microsoft, with the aid of an un-named source, has reached out to Verizion requesting the same "pre-testing and FCC Certification" program be granted to them for the Windows Phone Lumia devices, however Verizion WON'T EVEN CONTACT MICROSOFT! There is currently a movement to get Verizon Windows Phone users to file an FCC complain to this affect. If you are tired of being discriminated against by Verizon because you don't own a Crapple iPhlunk, then go to File Complaint | FCC.gov and file a complaint. The more complaints the FCC gets, the faster we can get the update pushed by Verizion and perhaps get Verizion to change it's policy on updates for Windows Phones too.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    07-25-2014 08:12 AM
    We need somebody who is on 8.0 to alert us ICON users with DP 8.1 when Cyan gets released. I'm sure it'll hit front page but sometimes it's comes from a tip from one of us.
    07-25-2014 04:24 PM
    We need somebody who is on 8.0 to alert us ICON users with DP 8.1 when Cyan gets released. I'm sure it'll hit front page but sometimes it's comes from a tip from one of us.
    Sure. Shouldn't be a problem plus there are several Cyan update trackers out there.
    07-25-2014 04:34 PM
    Sure. Shouldn't be a problem plus there are several Cyan update trackers out there.
    Yeah but if the trackers use Nokia's website we'll know two days after it released. For instance, the AT&T 1020 got Cyan yesterday but it still says Under testing on Nokia's site.
    07-25-2014 04:39 PM
    Didn't realize that. I will post as soon as I have it. I'm sure others will as well.
    Kieta likes this.
    07-25-2014 04:57 PM
    Microsoft has still put the cyan update on hold unless you revert back to 8.0... only because of this damn BitLocker application... They should let us decide if we want to update not hold up everyone for some lame program... Get with it MS... we (those up installed the DP), did a lot of early testing and bug reports for them and now we have to flash our phones back just to upgrade to Cyan... Another bad call by Satia probably... I don't think he is taking MS in a good direction...
    07-26-2014 12:34 AM
    Still nothing yet.
    07-27-2014 08:51 PM
    Microsoft has still put the cyan update on hold unless you revert back to 8.0... only because of this damn BitLocker application... They should let us decide if we want to update not hold up everyone for some lame program... Get with it MS... we (those up installed the DP), did a lot of early testing and bug reports for them and now we have to flash our phones back just to upgrade to Cyan... Another bad call by Satia probably... I don't think he is taking MS in a good direction...
    That is for WP8.1 DP updates. The carriers are responsible for sending WP8.1 w/Cyan via OTA not Microsoft and only applies to Lumia handsets.
    07-27-2014 10:09 PM
    Reverted mine back last night, lol 1day 12hrs. on my battery compared to 13ish hours. Ohh well, do it the right way I guess, kinda like a tune up on your car.
    07-28-2014 10:04 AM
    TOTAL BS! Verizon can fully test the update in a timely manner without taking months to do so. They can even work directly with Microsoft to pretest the update prior to Microsoft releasing it like the do with the iPhone. There is NO excuse for Verizon taking more than a month to test and release this update. If they do we should all file a class action lawsuit to force Verizon to provide us the same pretest ability that iPhone users receive.
    07-29-2014 06:18 PM
    TOTAL BS! Verizon can fully test the update in a timely manner without taking months to do so. They can even work directly with Microsoft to pretest the update prior to Microsoft releasing it like the do with the iPhone. There is NO excuse for Verizon taking more than a month to test and release this update. If they do we should all file a class action lawsuit to force Verizon to provide us the same pretest ability that iPhone users receive.
    Yeah, I think The execs at Verizon are all Apple Fan Boys and Girls... such lemmings...
    07-29-2014 07:11 PM
    I'm holding out hope that the delay now is because they are waiting or a DP update fix... probably not the case, but hoping... don't really want to have to wipe my phone again. I will though if that's the only way. I just can't imagine that MS will leave it at that.
    07-30-2014 01:55 AM
    This is normal for Verizon. Every platform, every release. Always late.
    07-30-2014 06:52 AM
    We will have Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Preview before we get the Cyan firmware from Verizon.
    Tjarren likes this.
    07-30-2014 01:23 PM
    What's the big difference between the Icon and the 930? CDMA radios. I'd imagine that's the extra testing that is causing this update to take longer than the 1520 on AT&T. Hopefully it won't be much longer (tired of 8.1 only apps already ...), but the news about 8.1 Update 1 made me feel that we'll always and perpetually be behind ...
    07-30-2014 02:15 PM
    What's the big difference between the Icon and the 930? CDMA radios. I'd imagine that's the extra testing that is causing this update to take longer than the 1520 on AT&T. Hopefully it won't be much longer (tired of 8.1 only apps already ...), but the news about 8.1 Update 1 made me feel that we'll always and perpetually be behind ...
    Hearing that there is an update to the update just adds to the frustration of being left behind.
    07-30-2014 02:46 PM
    I thought since they were basically the same that we would get cyan straight away. But Verizon has a different idea.
    07-30-2014 03:43 PM
    I wish I knew we were at least close to it being released as I'd go ahead and backup my stuff and roll back to 8.0 and just deal with 8.0 until Cyan is released. But I have a feeling we'll get the 8.1 update before Verizon releases Cyan.
    07-30-2014 04:56 PM
    The big difference is how CDMA works. CDMA is NOT a network, it is a protocol that runs on a network. CDMA requires certain security keys that are directly tied to the carrier. That is why a Sprint CDMA phone won't work on Verizon and vice versa.

As far as testing. Verizon has SEVERAL different phones running several different OS's on its network and is legally responsible for the security of its network and to ensure its customers (us) are not exposed to unauthorized data breaches. Personally, I'd rather them be thorough and make sure everything works. As far as quicker updates like iOS. If Microsoft had an agreement similar to Apple, then yes that would be great. But the ironic part is that iOS is NOT any more secure just because Apple says so. And I would bet a pay check that if the latest version of iOS opened Verizon's network up to a major security breach, that agreement goes away and a HUGE lawsuit would follow.
    07-30-2014 05:32 PM
    I am tired of waiting for Verizon to push this update. I now have Windows Phone Update 1 installed (8.10.12400.899 - 8.10.14147.180) and am able to enjoy the latest the OS has to offer, but no thanks to Verizon. They really need to address their slowness when it comes to pushing updates. I would still be sitting at Windows Phone 8.0 if I were to wait for the slow carrier to push the initial 8.1 update.
    08-04-2014 12:31 PM
    I am tired of waiting for Verizon to push this update. I now have Windows Phone Update 1 installed (8.10.12400.899 - 8.10.14147.180) and am able to enjoy the latest the OS has to offer, but no thanks to Verizon. They really need to address their slowness when it comes to pushing updates. I would still be sitting at Windows Phone 8.0 if I were to wait for the slow carrier to push the initial 8.1 update.
    I don't think a month to two is too long to wait for the official from Verizon. I'd rather them take the time and get it mostly right on the first attempt. The ICON, while a beautiful phone does have some issues that need addressing, wifi, glance or tap to wake hopefully, etc. So I say give them til what August 15th? Or slightly there after before we call out the hounds. :)
    08-04-2014 01:03 PM
    Glance and tap to wake are not possible on the Icon.
    08-04-2014 01:15 PM
    Installing update 1 as I write this. So eventually I'll have Cyan AND WP8.1 update 1. All you have to do is be patient. :-D
    08-04-2014 01:20 PM
1,870 1234 ...