Not open for further replies.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
JFrk8fU_zpscfe74b67.gif

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to Verizon tech support. They said they had retired the phone "it seemed". But he also said that even though the phone had been retired it would still receive future updates.
Did he say anything about past updates? Because let's start with those, shall we, before we get to the future ones? :)

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
They have until tomorrow at 4 to release further details and yes I am going to talk to the manager I bought it from. I signed up at the end of August so I'm on a metered data plan and everyone has good coverage here in Philly so if I'm going to be ignored it will be on t-mobile and if I'm going to pay a premium ill do it with at&t since both will pay my ETF.

plus, dat subway tunnel service :|

Rockinroofer

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I see that MS is dropping the Surface tablet line. MS has no business in hardware. Phone biz will be next.
"According to a report published on Thursday that cites sources from the upstream supply chain, Microsoft is planning to drop its Surface tablet line"

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I see that MS is dropping the Surface tablet line. MS has no business in hardware. Phone biz will be next.
"According to a report published on Thursday that cites sources from the upstream supply chain, Microsoft is planning to drop its Surface tablet line"

Re: Rockinroofer;2806544,
Please check your facts and site your sources. (This will help us keep track of who is careful with the facts).

Last edited:

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

That was proven to be incorrect after it was reported by a few lowly tech blogs...

Broad and Market

May 3, 2014
Visit site

I think that report was about Microsoft dropping the ARM based surface RT line not the Intel based Surface Pro. But I digress since that's OT.

The Cincinnati Kid

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow, this really sucks! I was all set to get the Icon within the next week or so. Guess I should have bought last week like I was planning to do. I really didn't want an iPhone, but I guess this seals the deal.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Remember how everyone jumped on me and said I was a troll a few pages back for saying that I had info about the Icon being retired?

Yea, a few reps said it.... but, these are clueless reps (most CSR's don't know crap).....Till there is an official word from Verizon (and there has not been), it could be just rumor.....

Yea, you MIGHT be right but, till we get that "official" word....we don't know for sure...

I'll admit for a rumor, there are some pretty strong facts that it could be true.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
@TCMAN88 it's time for you to enlighten us. First you tell us Cyan is launching within hours, then we get the Icon "retired" within days, it's aweful. Icon was my favorite phone I've ever had except the wifi was horrible on 8.1 and it started running very hot. Picked up an M8 for Windows (which is awesome in all ways but that awful camera) and recently an iPhone 6, and all I want is to go back to my Icon running Cyan/Denim with functional wifi and a decent battery life. Hell my Icon is what got me into photography, even went out an bought a DSLR recently.

Common TC, give me a sign. You don't even have to say anything a "+" or "-" would be enough to keep me going one way or the other

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I recall. The only thing I care about is if you have info on Cyan and/or Denim. Seriously, that's all any of us care about

That I don't have any info about, until software is actually released, nobody but the software engineers and other "higher ups " at Verizon are going to have any info unfortunately. However, I still think it will be pushed eventually even with the phone retired. Plenty of phones still get updates even after it is discontinued.

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
That is exactly what the Verizon rep told me earlier, but that was because it was replaced with the 5c. So yeah, I guess they could launch the Lumia 930....

I don't remember specifically which ones, but there have been plenty of other phones to keep getting updated for awhile after they are retired. I seem to remember the Droid Bionic I think getting at least one more update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon