Discussion on tutorial for force-updating to 8107

firecop42

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Dashed hopes

16 different English packs alone. Not to mention 20 different Spanish packs. Think of all the space that could be free'd up without all those different packs. If only....
Thanks for getting my hopes up! ;-)

p.ashton

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Tried it but got the following error message. Any thoughts?

Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {77CB935D-D0CC-
4249-8643-3C387A514A27} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
Call stack:
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate.DeviceManager.Initialize()
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate.DeviceManager.get_Instance()
at wm7update.Program.Main(String[] args)

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
Here is where everyone can discuss force-updating their Windows Phone to the latest 8107 OS version as discussed on the front page: www.wpcentral.com/force-updating-your-windows-phone-os-build-8107-tutorial

Have problems? Have questions? Want to verify your setup? Ask here. :cool:
Mr Rubino,

I had two questions for you. Do you think you can check, if on the samsung focus s that you used, you're still able to add the japanese qwerty keyboard post 8107 update? I'm just wondering because i want to do the update, but i really need the keyboard (for my japanese classes in school).

Also, it seems like you guys have a lot of phones around. I know in the article you said that the process takes about 15 minutes, most of it being the backup time, but do you think you can check to see if it's possible to rollback the phone to 7720? If i can roll back my phone to 7720 for warranty purposes i think i, and others, would feel a lot better about doing the upgrade.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Yahoo...hmmm...I mean Bing! Yes I got the update to my phone and all my family's phones. Total of 4 updates with this article and they all worked great. Only had to download 5 language packs for our Samsung Focus phones. Took only about 20 minutes per phone. Thank you so much for this. Now I have to gloat over at the AT&T official support page!

bgravesen

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
HTC Titan on ATT (7720)
Having a werid issue here. So after pressing B in the batch file, phone reboots, then goes into what looks like the backup mode, then immediately reboots back into the OS. In Windows I get an error that a Zune driver did not install properly, and the batch files says this:

Error:
Update device 1ce59e76 - d13a4037 - 6410c016 - 77c5cba8 Complete with error code
: 801812C1, error message: A driver for your phone needs to be updated and could
n't be installed in time.

I'm looking throug XDA but nothing really has turned up. Good news is my phone still works, but the update process just won't take.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Are you sure that the file you are running the update in looks like this:

dave-blake-albums19-104.png

Do you have the latest version of Zune and make sure your not running in guest mode on Zune. Also make sure that Zune connects to your device before you close it. Just let it sync your device before you close it.

bgravesen

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure that the file you are running the update in looks like this:

Click to view quoted image

Do you have the latest version of Zune and make sure your not running in guest mode on Zune. Also make sure that Zune connects to your device before you close it. Just let it sync your device before you close it.
I do have all the files. I'm doing the process on my Samsung Focus and it's going through the backup, and now installing updates right now. I'll try the Zune sync though for the Titan, thanks for the suggestion.

Also, thanks Dan for putting up the tutorial!

Update: Samsung Focus updated just fine. Trying Titan again now.

Update 2: No dice on the Titan after everything suggested. Think I'll call it a night and check forums again tomorrow. Thanks!

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Tried it but got the following error message. Any thoughts?

Error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {77CB935D-D0CC-
4249-8643-3C387A514A27} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
Call stack:
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate.DeviceManager.Initialize()
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceUpdate.DeviceManager.get_Instance()
at wm7update.Program.Main(String[] args)
Thank you..Easy to follow and update..

Got the same error message has P.Ashton

I had to install the WPSupportTools before it would update my Focus Flash. After the SuppportTool was installed . Then was able to rerun the process and CAB update to 8107 and everything appears to be working..::cool:

For x64: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...7-8E73-CE08CCE07AAB/WPSupportToolv2-amd64.msi

For x86: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...287-8E73-CE08CCE07AAB/WPSupportToolv2-x86.msi

Illicit Hero

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

I had to install the WPSupportTools before it would update my Focus Flash. After the SuppportTool was installed . Then was able to rerun the process and CAB update to 8107 and everything appears to be working..::cool:

For x64: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...7-8E73-CE08CCE07AAB/WPSupportToolv2-amd64.msi

For x86: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...287-8E73-CE08CCE07AAB/WPSupportToolv2-x86.msi

Looks like that is working on my Titan. Just installed it and it's backing up right now. I hope it works. :D Thanks!

Update: Works! Thanks again!

Last edited:

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well ****! I really don't experience the keyboard issue but once in a Blue Moon, but if everyone else is swimming, guess I'll have to dive in too. There is a "rush" with the stress involved that Daniel mentioned in the article. On the heels of flashing the DFT ROM on my Arrive, my Titan feels a little neglected. Thanks for the info to everyone who contributed.

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
YAY, after installing the support tool everything is running smoothly, so far.... Thanks guys!!!! Running the unfortunately discontinued HTC Titan...going to try my wife's 1st gen Focus next, any input on the necessary language packs?

Last edited:

CaseHow2011

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Got the same error on my HTC Arrive and this solution worked like a champ. Update ran without any errors after installation of the support tools.

Thanks again!

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
thanks to all for posting this, might get froggy and try this on my lumia 710 on t-mo.

if anyone already has tried this on the 710 let me know!

edit - after sifting through the comments on the main article page, this may not work for gen2 devices?

Last edited:

firecop42

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have tried my Titan 3 times and get this error each time:
Update device d9426169-5f4a20a9-8d61a6f4-d3efed87 Complete with error code: 80070026, error message: An unexpected error has occurred.
I appears that the backup was done but no updates occurred.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Frank

UPDATE. Ran it again and this time just selected the option to instal the cabs without the backup and it updated. 8107 is installed. Thanks Daniel and WPCentral.

Last edited:

admiralsmallchild

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Been lurking WPcentral for a month now since I got the phone...high time i join in...

and I'm having issues with this updating process...did tons of googling and such and I'm getting error 80070013, and it appears to be a problem with my Titan's bootloader. From what I've read there is a way to fix it, I have to do a hard reset to a shipped 7720 that's online. BUT I download the file. The thread on XDA that has the file in it, when i try to download it, its from a file sharing site that keeps saying it has no free download slots left.

Can anyone help me out? Does someone have the USA english 7720 rom for a HTC titan?

p.ashton

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

That did the trick. I'm now upgraded. Thanks.

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
can anyone that has a non daily driver phone, or simply doesn't mind spending the extra time see if they can roll back to 7720 after doing the 8107 update? it'd be really helpful i think and could be added to an update to the main post if people know that your phone can be rolled back in case a warranty situation requires it, or if it's the avenue that must be used to get future updates.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
can anyone that has a non daily driver phone, or simply doesn't mind spending the extra time see if they can roll back to 7720 after doing the 8107 update? it'd be really helpful i think and could be added to an update to the main post if people know that your phone can be rolled back in case a warranty situation requires it, or if it's the avenue that must be used to get future updates.

I don't know for certain, but after I updated my phone this evening I plugged my phone back into the computer and there is a setting to restore my phone to it's previous version.
Hope this helps. Now, whether or not it works, I haven't tried so I can't tell you for sure 100%.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz