Battery Love/Hate Relationship

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I dont know how, but I have a feeling that my battery lasts much longer now. I removed it from the charger one hour ago and it still has 100%, I was just using it for several seconds, WiFi is on and battery saver is off. Yay! Lol

"Feelings" is good for a schmaltzy Barbara Streisand song title, but not for technology. One hour is NOTHING to rate any change by. Wait a day. Better yet, try/buy Battery Sense app and it will not only tell you the exact percentage of discharge, but graph it for you.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
All we can do is to wait for breakthrough of battery technology.

Lith-Ion IS breakthrough technology! Compare to Nickel Metal Hydride and NiCad, it's dry cell, sealed precursors. From here, probably for many years is steady tweaking of the technology. Evolution, not revolution.

masterbarata

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
how does the battery of the 930 compares to the one from 520? i have loved that phone but the battery life was really bad. If it is as bad as 520 that would definitively a deal breaker for me.

Now a bit of off-topic as I got confused while i was reading this topic:

Can we still use facebook messenger in the native messages app in WP 8.1 as we could in WP 8.0? I know I could probably research more about it but I am curious about it. Furthermore does it now allow to sync other messaging app such as whatsapp and skype?

Michael Brennt

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
guys just switch from 4g to 2g and battery life will increase like about 300%

try using car charger and nav
- no data transmission on - battery level increasing
- 2g data transmission on - battery holds still
- 3g data transmission on - battery decreasing quite fast (50% per 3 hours)
- 4g data transmission on - battery cant hold 3 hours

(with fb messenger etc on)

never use 4g with data transmission and GPS navigation. just dont. period

Nokia930usr

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Here are some tips to look after your li ion battery found in the lumia 930 .
Batteries hate heat so keep the phone away from heat sources such as the dash of your car . Don't leave the phone in a hot car .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963