[Guide] How to update to 8.1.2.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
UPD.

Lumia Users! Yes, I confirm, that you can use that manual too, but your phone must have SD card slot (and actually SD card, of course) to edit the registry! Without - you cannot. Sorry. Don't use my method, if you model already have 8.10.14226 or 8.10.14234. Simply install Windows Insider and get your Update 2.

**Update**
I have a Lumia 520 and this doesn't work. I followed the steps to the letter and it says that it can't retrieve xap from SD even though the Windows app is authorized to read from my SD. Plus I have preview installed, dev unlocked my phone, even deployed the app onto my phone via the SDK tool. Sorry dude it don't work. 😞

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
There is no in my guide special Samsung tricks.

UPD. I just try on mother's Lumia 1320 - all works.

Doesn't work for me I'm not a tech newbie, I have experience in the SDK tool and I'm experienced in rooting androids and applying custom roms to them. I am no stranger to using clockwork mod and such, your methods do not work for me or my Lumia 520. So i don't know maybe it's because your base file system is designed with Samsung and the architecture that the Lumia has are much different. Yes its OS that's being altered but trying to deploy an Xap file designed for Samsung won't work for Lumia.

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
gahbmwm5

Interesting (according to this thread) http://forums.windowscentral.com/samsung-ativ-s/353229-[guide]-how-u...
If one has OS 8.10.14234.375-->installed on a Lumia device (even without SD card slot), then you can install the Windows Insider app-->choose fast track, then it will pick up/install 8.1 GDR2...First...making sure to the delete Windows Insider app prior it picking up and installing the latest Windows 10 DP Mobile build..
Can anyone with official AT&T 1020 Denim verify or even try this..? Thanks as I have tried the most recent build of Windows 10 DP Mobile build on my AT&T Lumia 920, played with it a little bit, but was just way to 'rough' to be used as a daily driver?
Hi grozaman.. Really only want WP 8.1 GDR 2 on my Lumia 920-AT&T carrier, if/when AT&T pushes out their official update to Denim and it also shows OS: 8.10.14234.375-->The AT&T 1020 Denim update shows this...then theorically I 'should be able' to then install the Windows Insider app -->choose Fast Track, and it 'should then pick up WP 8.1GDR2...rather then go directly to Windows 10 TP mobile build..(It did this when I tried upgrade to 8.1 GDR2 via Fast Track method, but have OS: 8.1.14219.314..Thanks again!

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
What's frustrating me is that I was able to install this "CustomPFD" XAP before I reset my phone, now it just wouldn't work :/ Any solutions? It keeps crashing after tapping apply...

grozaman

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, even Windows Central wrote about that: The chosen Lumias (I think with 14234 or 14219) are getting Update 2 via Windows Insider app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel