How to solve GPS problem on Lumia 535?

Keith Moon1

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi
I downloaded GPS Test, which gave me an accuracy of 65m - Spot on!!
Reset to factory settings twice.
GPS on WiFi and internet is quite abysmal, to say the least.
Was this product released untested? That's certainly the impression I get.
Is there likely to be any fix for this in the not too distant future?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I downloaded GPS Test, which gave me an accuracy of 65m - Spot on!!
Reset to factory settings twice.
GPS on WiFi and internet is quite abysmal, to say the least.
Was this product released untested? That's certainly the impression I get.
Is there likely to be any fix for this in the not too distant future?

A lot of factors can go in from how well the GPS hardware connects, reception in the area, etc. But I can say the release went through the usual battery of tests but there are still defects, whether widespread across the model like the 535's flakier touch panel or the iPhone 4's reception issues or issues that develop on an individual phone like my tablet losing touch accuracy or your GPS being less than stellar.

Although it could be that its reaching for a fix and the area isn't conducive, etc.

Keith Moon1

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply

My previous phone was the 520, which worked very well, including the GPS.
I would assume that the hard/software is practically the same.

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by Keith Moon1
Thanks for the reply

My previous phone was the 520, which worked very well, including the GPS.
I would assume that the hard/software is practically the same.

Initially I had problems with my 535's gps. I realized that you need to move so it can fix to satellite. Now I can get gps fix fairly quick by following this procedure: Make sure you have internet (wifi is more accurate) and Location is on (of course), you will get approximate location. Now in Maps calculate your route, start navigation (you can turn off internet connection now if you want) and start driving even if it says "No gps signal". After 1 or 2 minutes it comes alive and works very well.

Keith Moon1

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks
I have tried, I'll try again.
I've seen how my wife's Samsung shows every inch of progress while she is on pokemon go.
This is so frustrating. I put my faith in this product and boy was I let down.
I read on the Spanish forum that a guy got the motherboard changed and now it works.
I assume that some sub-standard motherboards slipped through QC
That's the price you pay when your gadget is assembled in China.
I tried to go through the 'repair my phone' web page, but it looks like microsoft doesn't want to know anything about it. No joy there!

Has microsoft recognized that there is a problem?

THGIAKIT

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
My wife owns a microsoft lumia 535. When updated to windows 10, gps was not working at all, gps used only cellular to get a fix. I did a restore using the windows tool, used the gps satellite to get a fix trough satellite and now here drive works as it should. She is getting a gps lock really fast and problem seems solved. This leads me to the conclusion that windows 10 comes with a related software bug and that microsoft simply does not care to fix it or pay attention to a user's complaint.

I was myself considering to buy a windows phone but considering this ongoing problem I think I will better go with an android phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yaria