I am meeting Gabe Aul: give me ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GanniC

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Tell him to build a phone having a Continuum-supported processor (with Type C connector), 3GB of RAM, 4.5-4.7" screen, huge battery(>3000MAh) [thickness not so important as long as less than 10mm thick) priced at €300 or less :)

anon(185988)

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I'd love to see these things implemented in Windows:

Native compatibility with Android beam/S Beam so that I can tap my Lumia 1520 to my Nexus 6p and exchange large files with ease.

Multi-Window support. This is in the OS already, why isn't it active on large screened phones?

Full support for bluetooth gamepads, and other devices.

A sideload "toggle" similar to Androids/OSX for "Unknown sources" to install software outside of the Store (at my own risk of course)

Massive work on speeding up the Windows store. Updates and downloads take far too long compared to every other OS.

When bookmarking a webpage from Edge to a tile, make the pages Favicon the tile icon as well (when available)

Vertical 2x1 tiles, and a giant 4x4 tiles for further customization.

I'd also love it if the photos app didn't automatically lump in my album art from the music stored on onedrive with the rest of my pictures.

Last edited:

Deepu M

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Ask him any possibility of ditching Tiles completely & come up with a better start screen.
At least add different themes like S60 had.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Ask him the Windows 10 phone needs to have assigned ringtones and assigned ringtones for
texting . Just like Windows 8;.1 phone. Some calls we don't want to answer, sales, fraud, and
basically unknown caller, with assigned ringtones we know who is calling, without looking at
the phone.

Dogan S

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Can you please tell him " to add a close all apps button instead of pulling apps down one by one " and we cant pin excel workbooks on the start screen (was doing it on 8.1 )

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
My "say" is clearly in the minority. I loved Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. I loved Metro and pivots and less of the Android features. I hate everything about Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. I aggressively promoted W8/WP8. I aggressively chase people away from W10/W10M.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I feel more sorry for Mr.Aul by the minute.

It's apparent to me that he can't even have a social occasion without users wanting to hammer him.

I change my vote. Forget laying off Twitter. Just meet him at the door and tell him, "Run! It's like the Zombiepocolypse is waiting for you in here!"

View attachment 122571

Me too.. Besides you be surprised how many serious conversations initiate from a innocent game of 8ball after a couple of brewskies Hehe..

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Ask him why the timelines haven't met on Windows mobile, why some older models for out of Windows 10 mobile (Lumia 820) , and why the lack of interest by part of Microsoft garage, and Microsoft going slow pace with the project, besides that what to expect in next releases, also ask why many countries of south America that Microsoft mobile left and the lack of advertisements why it's this?

Oscarbh

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I have only one complaint about my amazing good Lumia 950 xl and that is I can not connect with my car audio, I checked two cars and had no issues with my 1520. Bluetooth connection with other devices (band 2) is no problem.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Tell him when will see download progress in Action Center and when we will able to uninstall apps like Outlook as they act weird sometimes.

Raj Preeth

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Ask him, whenever new build version releases we have to download entire OS from 0 to 100% instead why can't we have service pack patches like 1,2,3. etc.Its much pain taking process for people who have low internet bandwidth speeds in 3rd world countries to keep their systems fully updated.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ask him why all of us fans are so ungrateful for all of his and his teams hard work and still call ourselves fans. We most likely couldn't do better ourselves, given the same chance and circumstances. I know I couldn't.

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ask him when will MS Stores be opened outside the US so that users such as myself suffering with the current Glance screen proximity issue on the 950XL(some) can walk into a store and have the device exchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi