iPhone or GS8?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've been with Windows Phone since the begging but I can't take how buggy WM10 is or the lack of apps. Which OS works best with Microsoft apps, specifically Cortana? Can I have Cortana be the default assistant on either Android or iOS?

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
First off, it's sad that you want to leave the Windows platform, but to each their own.

Personally, I'd go to Android. It's quite customizable, plenty of Microsoft apps, and I think Cortana can be set as default as opposed to Google Now/Google Assistant/Bixby (For the GS8).

iOS is a bit more uniform throughout and 'just works'. Siri won't let go of that home button shortcut, though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I second the above post, but I'll add with my own notes that it's about what is most important to you.

It sounds like Cortana is, so go with Android. In my experience, iOS is better with acknowledging Outlook calendar events over Android. Calendars work fine but I have noticed that for birthdays for your contacts, iOS shows them and Android does not unless you manually put the birthday into the phone itself.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
It really all depends what you're looking for. iOS is more of a plug and play solution I find in that it just works. Android is highly customizable and provides tons of options to make it fit your needs. I enjoy it as I like to tinker with my phones and change things. However, iOS just works and works well. There's something to be said for that.

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Android for sure, gs8, but honestly telling I don't suggest you to leave Windows 10 Mobile , because I think soon it will be successful mobile os ,I still believe in Microsoft

I'm someone who's awaiting the so called "Surface Phone" myself. However, if you need a phone now, I still think android is the better option for its flexibility. Considering the life cycles for phones tend to be fairly short, and there isn't a comparable device available for Windows, it doesn't make sense to wait until Windows Mobile turns around.

Jared625

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Go with the Galaxy S8+. I own both the Orchid Gray S8+ and the Matte Black iPhone 7 Plus, both delivers exceptional performance but I prefer the beauty and versatility of the S8+. The infinity display captures anyone who is looking at it and the dual pixel camera captures better images than Apple's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo