List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate the new Music hub. It's AWFUL.
I can't change the horrible quality artist photo, that they chose. That was one of my favorite things, the music hub.
No more history, new music or even a now playing screen. Not to mention it's slow. How disappointing.

sintg

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
wtf!! when I use ie to access fb (on desktop version) it directs me straight to mobile version... GIVE ME BACK MY BROWSER ******** IT!!!!!
also, what happens to checking background apps running? can't find where those ****ers

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to smoke my friends iPhone by posting a quick update to my Facebook, twitter, and LinkedIn accounts simultaneously when I realized I installed 8.1 on my phone today and can no longer do that. :.. ......��

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I ever saw for taking the music hub out was so they could more easily update the app. Good Lord anymore "updates" and the whole thing will be gone. We lose stuff every time they do this

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The update is NOT buggy. There is not a single case that hasn't been fixed with a hard reset of phone. No matter what you think it is, all you guys need is a hard reset and clean phone. My three phones are all updated and running butter smooth. 920, 925 and 720.

Does that include Xbox Music? You're telling me Xbox Music is quick and works as intended? I'm calling bull on that.

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
wtf!! when I use ie to access fb (on desktop version) it directs me straight to mobile version... GIVE ME BACK MY BROWSER ******** IT!!!!!
also, what happens to checking background apps running? can't find where those ****ers

Background apps can now be enabled/disabled in battery saver app.

ezraofcebu

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
1. Definitely bugs however it's acceptable for the moment. Deleting recently taken photos and videos seems a hit or miss.
Is there a thread for this?
2. Long tapping the period button brings up some characters however a comma next to it is annoying. It should be removed while comma is present on the left of the space key.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I dislike how they added the comma key in the list of punctuations when you hold down the period key... That's where the question mark used to be.... Going to take some time to get used to the change.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
1. Definitely bugs however it's acceptable for the moment. Deleting recently taken photos and videos seems a hit or miss.
Is there a thread for this?
2. Long tapping the period button brings up some characters however a comma next to it is annoying. It should be removed while comma is present on the left of the space key.

We commented on what we dislike of the same little annoyance at the same time!

Lucas G

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have been largely pleased with the update. My main complaint is the spreading of games outside of their hub, as well as the no-longer-live music hub and its various other shortcomings. I was also hoping to see the games hub become better integrated with Xbox One, but it still seems to be focused solely on 360. The XB1 Smartglass app has most of that covered, but it would be nice to have them all together, as centralization is my favorite thing about Windows Phone.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I dislike the stripped twitter integration. I hate using an app for twitter, and 8.0's built in mentions and photo sharing through OneDrive was extremely useful. Now all it does is show twitter feeds and allow text posts. That's not very useful when if i want to check and/or reply to a mention, or post a photo, i have to download, install, and use an app i dont even want.

PS: If anyone cares about this and agrees, i made a feature suggestion on user voice to restore this functionality!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Background apps are in Battery Saver function now....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes