List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I dislike how they added the comma key in the list of punctuations when you hold down the period key... That's where the question mark used to be.... Going to take some time to get used to the change.

Well, guess people have not seen it..yet. Goto Settings -> Keyboard -> Advanced. There is the hidden gem. "Show a comma key when available" Tick that. when you start and magically a dedicated comma key becomes visible.

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
New implementation of music, video and games is horrible. Games in games hub were great, now it clutters the whole menu. New music and video implementation have horrible support for local files. Forwarding of emails still does not support editing of original msg. Not a perfect update but it shows direction is towards improvement.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
If you turn your location off, which is how Cortana works, you'll get the normal Bing search and functions

Sent from my all seeing 1020

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Photo hub:
  • no more carousel view (pinch to zoom out, quickly spin through the gallery/album). This was AWESOME. I really hope this comes back
  • I hate seeing the "Snap some pictures and they'll show up here" flash for a second before it loads up the photos
  • I much preferred having a background photo for the hub instead of the black background

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
So my homescreen button does not have any extra trick now .

And as some have mentioned it "Facebook Messaging integration" was the advantage of Windows Phone over other platforms.. i used to boast to my friends, not we are no different. They should have just updated some emoticons and add pic support and voila its over ... Now we are forced to use an app (more space, slow and eating up battery more)

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Here are my list of grievances so far:

1. New photo hub: it was very special the way it was with the background picture, now it is so ordinary
2. Games in app list
3. Too many clicks to silent phone
4. Quiet hours only available on Cortana
5. Still vibrate THEN ring
6. Cannot set Sunday as first day of the week in Week View in Calendar
7. Wi-Fi in the Action Centre toggles on but doesn't toggle off instead goes to Wi-Fi settings screen

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Another nice touch was removed in 8.1 where when you began installing an app from the Store it immediately took you to the app list so you would know where it will be once fully installed. Now nothing happens and you have to exit the Store and hunt for the app in the app list afterwards.

Update: After the app installs there's a View option that will take to where it is in the app list. Not as simple as before but still nice they included it.

Last edited:

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Manually assign static IP address to connect to WiFi. Still no?!

I was waiting for this update mainly for this and it sucks because everyone else is using WiFi in office for free and I'm stuck with mobile internet.

Why you do this Microsoft? Why ? :cry:

Surya Teja

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded a hd image from some walpaper website... It showed up a message " downloaded and saved in Downloads" now how can I find that file???

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
OH MY GOD!! WTF? I can not post a status update through the me tile to FB, Twitter and Linked in AT THE SAME time anymore!??????? You have to use the damn app!?????
Oh hell NO you didn't!!!!!

Me thinks I may be done with WP.
Seeing as no one else offers that functionality..good luck with that :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthur Dent