List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I am SHOCKED that our in-line texting/messaging is GONE. Now we have to use separate apps for Facebook-messaging and for Messenger (Skype-messaging)?! What? Our single-thread texting/chatting was a huge bragging point over iPhone and Android. What were they thinking???

Basically, blame Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook.inc

cheeseinapod

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Woeful music app. Tries to scan/index almost constantly (why has it only started doing this now?), has a delayed start, and is very, very slow.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
1) Photo Hub now sucks with out the Background pic.
2) The "Me" tile is horrible. Can't post to all the services at once anymore.
3) Facebook integration just got watered down. No more Messenger (and Skype messages for that matter) in the messenger app, no notifications in the Me tile, I have to now click a FB icon to see my albums in Photo Hub. FB is no longer an account in "Email and Accounts". And alot more missing.
4) Games in the app list.
5) No photo editing apps in the Photo hub, and no music apps in Xbox Music.
6) Can't rsvp to a FB event in calendar.
7) I actually miss the Music and Video hub. Not a big fan of the stand alone apps.

For all the great new features they added, its a wash with all the ones they took away. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm disappointed. When I upgrade to the Icon next week I wont be installing the update. This update is garbage. I was happier before. And if by the time I am forced to update, if all, and I mean all of my list aren't reverted back, I may wind up switching, as all the things that have kept me here for 3 yrs are gone. All the things that made WP unique and different from the rest are gone. Now there's nothing separating them from the competition, except for the UI/Metro and Start Screen.

Last edited:

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
1)For all the great new features they added, its a wash with all the ones they took away. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm disappointed. When I upgrade to the Icon next week I wont be installing the update.

I'm kind of feeling the same way. I really love the new features they added but it seems for every great thing they added they removed or screwed up a feature or little touch that I loved. It seems like they wanted to reinvent Windows Phone when all that was really needed was to add more features.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Why did they remove the comma (,) I know it's under dot (.) I,also,know,some,people,used,to,type,like,this,hitting,comma,instead,of,space)) but common really

This happens when you choose a keyboard or language from another country, also, with swipe typing, theres no need to press the keys much anymore. I love it!

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed that they took away the "background applications" thing in settings.
I know you can go to the battery saver option and go to all the apps, but that takes more time and effort and it doesn't work anyway. The other was way better.
i've enabled amazing weather, for example, to run in the background and stuff, try to pin a live tile and it tells me that the background agent is disabled, blah blah blah.

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
anyone notice that you can't view contacts through the phone app/tile, you can only call them from it? so to edit contact i now have to use the people tile ergh

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
1) Photo Hub now sucks with out the Background pic.
2) The "Me" tile is horrible. Can't post to all the services at once anymore.
3) Facebook integration just got watered down. No more Messenger (and Skype messages for that matter) in the messenger app, no notifications in the Me tile, I have to now click a FB icon to see my albums in Photo Hub. FB is no longer an account in "Email and Accounts". And alot more missing.
4) Games in the app list.
5) No photo editing apps in the Photo hub, and no music apps in Xbox Music.
6) Can't rsvp to a FB event in calendar.
7) I actually miss the Music and Video hub. Not a big fan of the stand alone apps.

For all the great new features they added, its a wash with all the ones they took away. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm disappointed. When I upgrade to the Icon next week I wont be installing the update.

1 Agree
2 Not a big deal. My twitter posts to my facebook anyway, besides, facebook probably backed themselves out of it.
3 Same as 2. However, notifications have been moved to the pulldown centre so it's far more convenient. Tapping an icon to display F/B pictures was requested AFAIK because people complained that all their stuff shows up when checking their pictures. Facebook is still an account in Email+Accounts on my phone
4 Agree but not a big deal
5 Arrgh hubs are dead. Bad Microsoft. Bad, bad. Agree. But meh, I don't really care.
6 Again...Facebook.
7 I'm on the fence with this one. XBox music was slow on first load, but sped up afterwards so....

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
anyone notice that you can't view contacts through the phone app/tile, you can only call them from it? so to edit contact i now have to use the people tile ergh

That makes sense as it is a phone book. More convenient for me now. Perhaps there should've been an option

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
One more thing. We HAVE to install the other Facebook app in order for the integration to work. That's so stupid. I can't even with this update anymore

coldfish85

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
The lack of a data connection icon in the notification center is also the first bad thing I noticed. I hope they will include it soon with some update

I hope so too. I am bummed by this. That need to put cellular data on the action center and give the option for 2g 3g 4g

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
its annoying now though because it means i have to pin the people tile -.-
I like the people tile pinned. Do you mean you don't pin that? What sort of human being are you, do you not VALUE YOUR FRIENDS? THIS IS MADNESS! THIS IS SPARTA(Kidding btw)

For everyone else, Joe Belfiore tweeted that Facebook, Twitter, Skype and the Music apps (also lockscreen app is coming) are getting updated soon. So hold your fire on Facebook and Music (at least till the update comes)
https://twitter.com/joebelfiore

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I like the people tile pinned. Do you mean you don't pin that? What sort of human being are you, do you not VALUE YOUR FRIENDS? THIS IS MADNESS! THIS IS SPARTA(Kidding btw)
haha i never pin it, usually just the phone app but now i have to pin both which means a waste of space on my start screen

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
haha i never pin it, usually just the phone app but now i have to pin both which means a waste of space on my start screen
Oh. I always did. It looks cool with the wallpaper as well. P.s, how is the update going for you? Personal;ly I like it save the music app which is getting an update.
Here have a look Windows Phone 8.1 and Cortana | Windows Phone (United States)
Look at the Xbox Music app them compare with the one in 8.1. Even the videos app has a different look,

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthur Dent