List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the xbox music app, there's no way to see new music by genres like wp8 even after I reported this to them from the beta about 4 months ago. They also managed to make the live tile useless. I cant wrap my head around this, how can such a big company always screw up something so essential, every step is going in the wrong direction for xbox music. They can develop cortana but cant get a freakin music player right.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the xbox music app, there's no way to see new music by genres like wp8 even after I reported this to them from the beta about 4 months ago. They also managed to make the live tile useless. I cant wrap my head around this, how can such a big company always screw up something so essential, every step is going in the wrong direction for xbox music. They can develop cortana but cant get a freakin music player right.
Please see above.

Cree Ray

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Word flow doesn't take away that you might need a comma..

Well, guess people have not seen it..yet. Goto Settings -> Keyboard -> Advanced. There is the hidden gem. "Show a comma key when available" Tick that. when you start and magically a dedicated comma key becomes visible.

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 is not worth it ms fcked up badly this time the design of most areas look really bad it almost feels rushed Metro can look awsome we all know that ! But 8.1 is a disaster -_- most of the cool features have been removed

I won't be upgrading to wp8.1 !!!

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
WP 8.1 is not worth it ms fcked up badly this time the design of most areas look really bad it almost feels rushed Metro can look awsome we all know that ! But 8.1 is a disaster -_- most of the cool features have been removed

I won't be upgrading to wp8.1 !!!

cool features have been removed? Nope. Cool features are added. A few compromises were made in the process. That's all. Look at all the goodies.

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
cool features have been removed? Nope. Cool features are added. A few compromises were made in the process. That's all. Look at all the goodies.

lol are you serious so you're saying for example the design of wp8.1 is good ?? >_<

And compromise's wtf? Do you know what an update means?

Goodies like what cortanna ? Im not in the us so its another feature gone

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, pal. Its a wash. All the things that made WP unique and different from the rest are gone. Now there's nothing separating them from the competition, except for the UI/Metro and Start Screen. I'm sorry pal, but we shouldn't have to compromise in an update. This update is garbage. Like I said previously, when I upgrade to the Icon, I wont be applying the update. I was happier before. And if by the time I am forced to update, if all, and i mean all of my list in my other post aren't reverted back, I may wind up switching, as all the things that have kept me here for 3 yrs are gone.

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the UK and I get that cortana is US only, I never need to talk to my phone. But, why does that mean I cant have quiet hours, inner circle, integrated actions on dates/times in an email, why should those features be blocked as well, how is that region specific?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Because those features are centered on Cortana. They're in the "hamburger" icon of Cortana. Most, not all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, pal. Its a wash. All the things that made WP unique and different from the rest are gone. Now there's nothing separating them from the competition, except for the UI/Metro and Start Screen. I'm sorry pal, but we shouldn't have to compromise in an update. This update is garbage. Like I said previously, when I upgrade to the Icon, I wont be applying the update. I was happier before. And if by the time I am forced to update, if all, and i mean all of my list in my other post aren't reverted back, I may wind up switching, as all the things that have kept me here for 3 yrs are gone.
Ouch. I like the new additions, all the things that were added were added because of user feedback. Anything facebook related is facebook's fault. Beyond that, the people hub still works. The Music and Pictures hub....well....
Pictures hub change is a meh, it makes no difference as I always headed straught for Albums anyway. Music + Videos hub change? The music player's getting an update soon so I reserve my comment. It's the same as the WP8 version with some minor bug fixes. Beyond that, everything's fine for me. What bugs you?

GideonTerblanche

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Ouch. I like the new additions, all the things that were added were added because of user feedback. Anything facebook related is facebook's fault. Beyond that, the people hub still works. The Music and Pictures hub....well....
Pictures hub change is a meh, it makes no difference as I always headed straught for Albums anyway. Music + Videos hub change? The music player's getting an update soon so I reserve my comment. It's the same as the WP8 version with some minor bug fixes. Beyond that, everything's fine for me. What bugs you?

wow you are truly blind my friend O_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963