List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
no its not beta.....it went gold. This crap is what we'll get in the summer. Cortana and an action center apparently chewed up all the space for features WE ALREADY HAD.

It's a preview man. It's beta testing on the developers because they know and understand things take time. They are going to make changes in the official update. They did the same with all the other updates, and they'll do the same with one. This is not the final product, I promise you that.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
dude, when people got GDR3 on preview that was it. Same thing here. And there is NO TIME to add back the litany of deprecated features we have been talking about here. Not unless you want your update from carriers in 2015.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, actually... THIS!

Actually, this is Gold and went RTM. Its coming with the carrier firmware later this summer. If enough people complain about these issues you ...may... see an improvement in one of the two GDRs for 2014. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Watch, you'll see. It won't be anything noticeable expect bug fixes, but it always happens with every software preview from every company that does any kind of preview.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
It will add a question mark if you start a sentence with Are, What, What, Where, How...etc I think

I haven't delved deep into this but I don't believe you can modify your facebook calendar from the built in calendar anymore. That was one of my favorite features from the previous OS. It allowed me to really use my facebook account as a second calendar for events. The events still show up on my calendar, I just can't modify or select "Attending" "Not Attending". Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I asked again and again here but never got a reply. I see why now, still can't dictate punctuation or multiple sentences like siri. I use my voice text feature several times every day and this has been the one thing I have envied from the other OSs. I know it's probably not important to everyone else, but it just seems like a simple fix and oversight to me. I literally NEVER talk about question marks or periods. When I say those words, I really want them to come up as punctuation. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong about this feature not being present.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Email attachment NEEDS to be able to attach excel, word, PDF files. This should have been available out the gate with windowsphone 8! Ohhh that rhymes!! Too bad it makes me sad.. I'm done I swear..

I haven't tried this yet but see if you can 'share' an Excel file to the email app, that might attach it. But probably not and you are right it is ridiculous.

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Wait? I have to keep the power sucking FB app running in the background in order to get notifications indicator numbers? The ME tile doesn't do that anymore without the app? Wow. That's a huge disappointment. The only way to keep my phone going all day long (I have very long work days) was to keep the FB app background activity turned off. :(

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Watch, you'll see. It won't be anything noticeable expect bug fixes, but it always happens with every software preview from every company that does any kind of preview.

well so you admit it is not going to fix all the user facing features that have been stripped. they BETTER fix any bugs, because we know updates flow like molasses from Microsoft.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
How is this acceptable?

wp_ss_20140414_0001.jpg

Please note that I had to upload this screenshot via Email > Download and then re-upload because I can't just upload it to OneDrive. Great.

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
It will add a question mark if you start a sentence with Are, What, What, Where, How...etc I think

Sure. I already knew that but ya know. We don't always communicate like that. "headed out tonight?" is very different than "headed out tonight." and other simple things like "Captain America or Raid 2?" etc etc etc.

josef.r

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 928 here and notifications are showing on the Glance screen. I did notice after 8.1 was installed and I went to Settings > Glance, it asked for a reboot. I'm going to assume the Glance app got updated and needed that reboot for it to function correctly.

Great! Thanks, now it works after reboot as you said

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
well so you admit it is not going to fix all the user facing features that have been stripped. they BETTER fix any bugs, because we know updates flow like molasses from Microsoft.

Yes, I agree with this. I think they'll fix some not all. The bigger changes and updates will be worth the GDRx updates later this year. I hope it's soon because I do know how does they are worth releasing these updates to fix or improve the software/UI. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The small things I do not like about 8.1 don't take away from how awesome this update is. I can work around the new features and omission of old ones.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I hate to keep complaining. However, the main features they added with 8.1 in conjunction with the previous features of WP8 is what was going to make me sell my HTC One Mini. Now, the fact that it's really kind of been stripped down in a way to really just copycat Android almost leaves me no reason to use this phone anymore. JUST the people hub is reason enough for me not to use this phone at this point. I am really just kind of confused right now.

And now we are back to square one with MS. The reality of a disappointing update to hold us over until they, hopefully, fix these new issues they created.

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Just a note for people. If certain apps aren't working correctly, try uninstalling and reinstalling them. For instance, Facebook integration didn't work at all for me. When I removed it and added it, it not only worked but then showed up in the notification center. And for Glance, it works, you just need to go into the Glance settings and it will tell you to reboot. Afterwards, go back in and set it up as you want it. Remember, this is just a developer preview and many apps aren't going to have been updated yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963