List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Most of what they added is FANTASTIC. It's what they took away that is pissing me off. This phone feels like Windows Phone 7 pre-Mango. Except pre-Mango phones were faster than this turd.

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I can't have a silent ring but yet have volume for notifications? GRRR......... probably the one thing I assumed would be change is not. I can get around this I suppose by having a custom ringtone without any noise.... but really??????

Blocks9

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
You can no longer transfer photos to OneDrive from the photo hub - why they would remove that is beyond me.

Background tasks? That is no longer an option in settings?

And like others, i don't like how games now appear in the app list.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
1.The QR code scanner is gone??? It's one of my most used features...

2. I still want my Wifi, Network signal icons to auto-hide... at least give us the option to select if we wanted it to auto-hide or show all the time...

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Anybody notice that Skype/Microsoft Messenger is no longer integrated in the messaging hub? I understand FB Messenger is gone but MS Messenger too?? Am I doing it wrong?

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? People whined for a week wanting this update and now that it's been out for just a few hours and one of the first things you do is start a thread tearing into it already. I'm just stunned. Some of you will never be happy with anything.

mv740

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
1.The QR code scanner is gone??? It's one of my most used features...

2. I still want my Wifi, Network signal icons to auto-hide... at least give us the option to select if we wanted it to auto-hide or show all the time...
1- still there just switch lence to bing vision

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Seriously? People whined for a week wanting this update and now that it's been out for just a few hours and one of the first things you do is start a thread tearing into it already. I'm just stunned. Some of you will never be happy with anything.

If you don't want to read it, then don't. Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Gurl_bye.gif

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
This is really making me think about putting off my Windows Phone decision and just going to Android again. I know I know "It's just a beta" But it sounds like they never added a lot of simple things that should have been updated, and some things (Like Xbox Music) sound like a complete mess, and as it was said Xbox Music is an app by itself, so in theory it should have been updated before WP8.1

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

I think people were excited about the additions to the OS and we were not aware of what would be dissected and ripped from the OS that were basic features. Also, people "whining" is how things get fixed, updated, and made better. You are just about the only person who has added exactly nothing to this discussion.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
This is really making me think about putting off my Windows Phone decision and just going to Android again. I know I know "It's just a beta" But it sounds like they never added a lot of simple things that should have been updated, and some things (Like Xbox Music) sound like a complete mess, and as it was said Xbox Music is an app by itself, so in theory it should have been updated before WP8.1

It's really only a beta in theory... it could very well not change upon its official deployment. I'm just getting tired of waiting for Microsoft to catch up. Windows 8 was a solid platform to jump off of, and they took all the unique things about it and destroyed them. The Me-tile and the FB/MSN integration was part of what made 8 so amazing. And at least with the previous version of Xbox Music, as broken as it was, integrated seemlessly with other parts of the phone. They're just going backwards. It's all app-centric rather than result-centric.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

The problem is, it is not a beta. We will have to do with this until the next GDR. But they can improve stuff like the calendar, stuff that's decoupled from the OS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaeaughn