List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep, that's how it's working for me too. So weird. After you mentioned it though, I think I'd rather have a long press take me to the settings, while a short press is just a toggle.

​Perhaps Microsoft is watching this thread. ;)

Yeah, I'm cool with either option as well. I also just tell Cortana to turn on/off my WiFi. :)

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Man the team must have been braindead to release Xbox Music like this. I just got my Lumia 520 updated to 8.1 and decided to check that first and it's terrible. My music updated fine but a lot of my songs say "You don't have the rights to play this song" even one of the songs I bought FROM Xbox Music doesn't play. The "Download Song" button doesn't work, and it just hangs which is annoying, and overall the app feels a lot slower.

Not at all sure what their train of thought was releasing this crappy app and getting rid of the old one.

Cormango

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
You guys are all missing the point with integration. Nothing was "removed". A lot has been added. Instead of Microsoft handling the integration, they opened it up for developers to handle the integration. Facebook IS integrated in Windows Phone 8.1 (with the latest Facebook app) but this isn't what it's going to be once WP8.1 is officially released. As far as we know, a new Facebook app is coming. It's possible the new FB Messenger app could integrate with the Messaging hub.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You guys are all missing the point with integration. Nothing was "removed". A lot has been added. Instead of Microsoft handling the integration, they opened it up for developers to handle the integration. Facebook IS integrated in Windows Phone 8.1 (with the latest Facebook app) but this isn't what it's going to be once WP8.1 is officially released. As far as we know, a new Facebook app is coming. It's possible the new FB Messenger app could integrate with the Messaging hub.

This kind of "build it and they will come" "can't we all get along" mentality NEVER EVER works. It is in NO third party's interest to integrate into the hub if all their information will be presented uniformly. This is why Microsoft should have kept supporting it themselves because they are the only ones that could look out for the user. These 3rd parties are warring over your eyeballs. You think they want all the information coming in to look the same in a centralized hub?

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is this how the people hub and the "me" tile will look like now? They are pretty much ruined as it is. Why are forced to use that terrible Facebook application instead now? If this is what it is, then they have ruined the best part of Windows Phone (for me, anyway) - that seamless integration and having everything on one place. Why did they change that?
^This is my BIGGEST problem with this update. I don't remember reading anything about the obliteration of the people hub and Me tile. I used these every day! Who ever came up with this idea needs fired.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
For those of you having issues with the Onedrive. The quick fix is to create a Room called OneDrive and share to the room. All those pictures get put into their own OneDrive folder. I'm sure there's just something different with the file system in 8.1 that Onedrive hasn't been updated to understand. I'm sure it'll get fixed.

The only thing I'm a bit bothered by is that I can't put battery saver in the action center. It's really the main setting I'd ever want to toggle. Everything else mentioned is really just something that went form super easy to 2 steps away. (Aside from the FB intergration, which is odd that they removed it)

megmac611

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I am SHOCKED that our in-line texting/messaging is GONE. Now we have to use separate apps for Facebook-messaging and for Messenger (Skype-messaging)?! What? Our single-thread texting/chatting was a huge bragging point over iPhone and Android. What were they thinking???

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
It seems like a lot of the issues can be resolved by app updates. I haven't seen any major app updates recently so it's unlikely the current versions have been designed around WP8.1. Xbox Music is still the same beta-ish (crap) version that was release awhile ago. There were rumors of Facebook Blue, which I would hope take advantage of the new integration with the OS as well.

There were a lot of changes to how the integration works in this version so I'm holding off on judging the OS fully for another month at least to give developers time to update their apps for WP8.1

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
anyone suggest me...shall i download it or not...hurry up please...

I'm loving it. I've been using the Xbox Music preview app for months now, the old music/video hub sucked, so nothing has surprised me about that. I don't have any slowness that some people are saying, but I don't have a ton of songs either. Also I'm using all internal storage so I don't have things like a SD card to worry about being a bottleneck. I'm so glad I updated today.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving it. I've been using the Xbox Music preview app for months now, the old music/video hub sucked, so nothing has surprised me about that. I don't have any slowness that some people are saying, but I don't have a ton of songs either. Also I'm using all internal storage so I don't have things like a SD card to worry about being a bottleneck. I'm so glad I updated today.

i will get my simple wp8.1 update as it is available for my phone while having preview...?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
While I may have srewed myself over by putting 8.1 on my 820, I still have my 520 for purposes just like this. In opinion, I have officially bricked my 820.

I'm sorry, but a notification center and custom tile wallpapers just are not enough for me to care. Music is my #1 priority in a mobile device, especially since I spent the $100 on Xbox Music integration. I honestly cannot believe that anything would make me clamor for the old Music + Videos Hub. The new version makes the one on Windows 8 look like Zune. I'm going to have to stick with the 520 for a while because I just cannot spend the money switching back to Android or even an iPhone. But I'm really disillusioned with the entire Windows Phone project. With every push, while Nokia makes strides to improve the user experience, Microsoft does nothing but impede its progress as a modern and logical mobile operating system. It is painfully obvious with the 8.1 preview (which, let's just be real, is the update everybody else will be getting) that Microsoft is no longer trying to be the alterative OS; it is merely copycatting Android and iOS and doing what I think is a really poor job of it.

Time to sell the Lumia 820, I guess.

Yamishi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I hope you are correct.

Francesco Savoini

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
While I may have srewed myself over by putting 8.1 on my 820, I still have my 520 for purposes just like this. In opinion, I have officially bricked my 820.

I'm sorry, but a notification center and custom tile wallpapers just are not enough for me to care. Music is my #1 priority in a mobile device, especially since I spent the $100 on Xbox Music integration. I honestly cannot believe that anything would make me clamor for the old Music + Videos Hub. The new version makes the one on Windows 8 look like Zune. I'm going to have to stick with the 520 for a while because I just cannot spend the money switching back to Android or even an iPhone. But I'm really disillusioned with the entire Windows Phone project. With every push, while Nokia makes strides to improve the user experience, Microsoft does nothing but impede its progress as a modern and logical mobile operating system. It is painfully obvious with the 8.1 preview (which, let's just be real, is the update everybody else will be getting) that Microsoft is no longer trying to be the alterative OS; it is merely copycatting Android and iOS and doing what I think is a really poor job of it.

Time to sell the Lumia 820, I guess.

I think you should wait, Microsoft separated the Music+Video hub from the OS just to update it faster, like a normal app. I'm disappointed too, but i mean, it's just the first release

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oscahill