Lumia 535 Updates will there ever be a fix?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Asia Region, Dual SIM?

You would be on the latest official which is 8.1.1 + Denim?

There is an 8.1.2 planned, but that is OS features I believe. Not sure if more Firmware is coming with that.

Have you tried Settings > touch > toggle the screen sesativity?

Check out the 535 user forums. There may be some threads on the issue. Lumia 535 - Windows Central Forums

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: Many Lumia 535 owners complaining!

That doesn't help either

Sometimes it does, but with the 535 which inherently has some touch issues as of this post, it wont.

But a hard reset went a long way to helping with poor battery life right after the 8.1 upgrade dropped last year in the DP.

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
there are no option for screen sensitivity in 535.. the update just improve os denim, not fix the touch,im frustrated now.. and people from MS never give official statement about how to solve the touch problem after update, I BELIEVE THAT THIS IS HARDWARE PROBLEM..

paulsison19

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I was the one who asked the question (I'm the guest). So, I did not found any 'screen sensitivity' setting under Touch. And yeah, I'm starting to believe that this is a hardware issue. Why Microsoft released a gadget with a huge problem? Will they fix this?

paulsison19

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I wonder also why Microsoft didn't gave any statement to this problem. This has been their very first smartphone under their name and apparently, it's kind of a faulty gadget.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I wonder also why Microsoft didn't gave any statement to this problem. This has been their very first smartphone under their name and apparently, it's kind of a faulty gadget.

I would suggest reaching out to MS and winphonesupport on twitter.

Last edited:

Ashraf Shaikh2

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
M facing the same issue........i have updated my lumia 535 to latest version but touchscreen issue is still not solved........it is very annoying to use........anybody having the same issues guys...will microsoft provide another update

Zed 3250

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
i believe it's really a hardware problem:
i bought mine from amazon france around 3 weeks ago and it does have the touch problem, but i've seen people from french forums who recently (3~4 days ago) bought the phone reporting no issues whatsoever, even without the update (it's not out yet in france).
I've even asked one of them about his hardware version and he said it was 0.5.0.1 (which is weird because mine was 3.0.0).
I really hope microsoft will make an official statement about this.

psyhound

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft acknowledged the issue and confirmed it mid December. They said that the fix is coming soon... but dunno how soon.
gsmarena(dot)com/microsoft_confirms_lumia_535_touch_issues_fix_coming_soon-news-10479.php (still can't post links, sorry)

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
we know they give the update for fix the touch,but after updating,the touch still have problem,nah.. im waiting for their respond for the result after update because almos in every lumia 535 forum they say the update its NOT WORKING for the touchscreen.. where are you MS????

Jacksept

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Should have learnt the lesson well not to buy the first batch of anything new product. 0.5.0.1 was the second batch will no issue.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Should have learnt the lesson well not to buy the first batch of anything new product. 0.5.0.1 was the second batch will no issue.

But what is the resort for buyers who bought in first batch.it creates a bad PR.And prospective buyers will hesitate to buy because of touch issues.

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Got a 535 having old hardware batch but touch is perfect after the update.. I haven't yet enrolled in DP nor did I reset the phone after update.

Brought the Phone from Amazon India

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788