Lumia 535 Updates will there ever be a fix?

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting this phone for my daughter, but I guess I 'll wait for a decent phone to come out.
go for 730/735,, never try to have an idea to buy this **** product,let us who are already deceived by microsoft ( i use my 535 to play with my dog since one weeks ago and get 830 )

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Extremely sucky phone!! Too over sensitive dumb **** Microsoft bastards wtf type of cheap parts you using, no dam difference after update and reset also launch another dam update and fix it !

mat619

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Good news, everybody:
Since my brand new 535 (3.0.0.0) also suddenly started to show the well-known touchscreen problem, I called Microsoft support - and I was told that there definitely will be another update that will attempt to fix the problem soon!
They can't say how soon, but they're working on it. Currently they seem to be collecting as much detailed problem reports as possible - I was asked a lot of questions, like when exactly the issue appears, how exactly, if preferably in the lower screen corners or something like that, if cleaning the screen temporarily helps, how it affects typing normally and how it does when using WordFlow etc. The support rep told me some other users kindly provided them videos showing the problem in detail, and asked if I maybe could do the same.
It seemed they were glad for valuable feedback. I guess that's because the issue seems to affect each user a bit different, likely due to our personal, individual way of typing / touching items / scrolling, and that makes it very hard to develop a fix that's solving the issue for everyone I presume.

So folks, if you experience the issue, I suggest you get in touch with the MS support and provide them with as much detailed, valuable feedback about the issue as possible! The more info they get from us, the better the fix will probably be!

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Good news, everybody:
Since my brand new 535 (3.0.0.0) also suddenly started to show the well-known touchscreen problem, I called Microsoft support - and I was told that there definitely will be another update that will attempt to fix the problem soon!
They can't say how soon, but they're working on it. Currently they seem to be collecting as much detailed problem reports as possible - I was asked a lot of questions, like when exactly the issue appears, how exactly, if preferably in the lower screen corners or something like that, if cleaning the screen temporarily helps, how it affects typing normally and how it does when using WordFlow etc. The support rep told me some other users kindly provided them videos showing the problem in detail, and asked if I maybe could do the same.
It seemed they were glad for valuable feedback. I guess that's because the issue seems to affect each user a bit different, likely due to our personal, individual way of typing / touching items / scrolling, and that makes it very hard to develop a fix that's solving the issue for everyone I presume.

So folks, if you experience the issue, I suggest you get in touch with the MS support and provide them with as much detailed, valuable feedback about the issue as possible! The more info they get from us, the better the fix will probably be!

Where exactly did you get this information

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Good news, everybody:

actually,if i know their phone number,i really want talk directly and tell about my experience with my 535, i hope it's true and sending the update soon as possible

Jacksept

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Good news, everybody:

I am appalled they need user to do such obvious test for them. Come on we are paying customers, no matter how cheap the phone is.

xtremez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning to try Windows Phone and this is the device i'm looking at because it's a pretty affordable option. I know this may not be the right thread, but i didn't want to create a new one. Does anyone know if the Lumia 535 will get updates to Windows 10?

I have a feeling it may not, but just thought i check.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Update here from Microsoft:

“The majority of Microsoft Lumia 535 and 535 Dual-SIM users are happy with the performance of their smartphone. Customers who experience problems are invited to contact their local CARE Point or CARE Centre.”

The implication here is that the recent update correct the issue for the majority of users. If the problem still persists, contact your local Nokia Care Centre to organise a repair.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's from an internal discussion group. I expect that something will appear in public fairly soon from one of the hundreds of Twitter/Weibo/Facbook accounts. I'm working on getting something public-facing for you to refer to.

fizze17

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Bottom line 535 sucks n I regret each minute buying this phone, the service centre kept it for 15 days still no difference, best is to go to android n let these loser Microsoft people realize they are losing customers then they will have to put some big improvements in all their faults and won't repeat the mistake like this

Anyone up for it?

Jacksept

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Update here from Microsoft:

The implication here is that the recent update correct the issue for the majority of users. If the problem still persists, contact your local Nokia Care Centre to organise a repair.

The service center refused to take in my set as there's no instructions from Microsoft after updating the software to the latest.

In their desperate attempt they reinstalled the OS again but the problem reminds.

mat619

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Where exactly did you get this information

As I wrote, my country's Microsoft Mobile support hotline. Due to privacy laws here I can't tell you who exactly I talked to.

I'm planning to try Windows Phone and this is the device i'm looking at because it's a pretty affordable option. I know this may not be the right thread, but i didn't want to create a new one. Does anyone know if the Lumia 535 will get updates to Windows 10?

I have a feeling it may not, but just thought i check.

According to Microsoft, all Lumias will receive the upgrade to Windows 10. For reference i.e. check the article "Microsoft: all Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices will be upgraded to Windows 10" by The Verge (sorry, can't post links here, I don't have enough posts yet).

I am appalled they need user to do such obvious test for them. Come on we are paying customers, no matter how cheap the phone is.
IMHO those are not really obvious tests, because it seems that the issue affects users very differently. Like I stated in my previous post, your personal style of interacting with the touchscreen seems to matter a lot. In fact I can personally confirm this:
Both my girlfriend and me bought 535s in the same store at the same time, and she experiences nearly no issues with hers. So we swapped our phones for an hour recently, et voil?, I experience touch problems on hers, while she has none on mine! She looks over my shoulder, sees how the touchscreen on her 535 glitches badly for the first time, she takes it from me and asks "what did you try to type?", I tell her, she types the same words with WordFlow like I did, and there the words are, 100% correct - with no glitches whatsoever. That made go nuts!
So here I am, currently handing my 535 to my girlfriend when its touchscreen glitches once again, and watch very closely what she does different than I do, because it works almost every time. It happened only twice so far (over 7 days of trying) that one of our 535s misbehaved when she used it... I could definitely live with two minor glitches in a week! :unhappy:

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The service center refused to take in my set as there's no instructions from Microsoft after updating the software to the latest.

In their desperate attempt they reinstalled the OS again but the problem reminds.

Looks like the information is moving slowly to the care centers. Hopefully they'll get the message soon.

Rajesh Vasudevan

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday i spoke with Microsoft live chat support officer,,, they said that it is under investigation.. withing 2-3 work days.. they will be finalizing it.

This was the chat

"Ioana D.: at 18:49:01
I really am sorry for not being able to help more. As mentioned earlier, we were only informed that
this is a known issue that is under investigation and that all cases should be escalated.
Ioana D.: at 18:57:29
I will escalate the case as promised.
Ioana D.: at 18:57:50
I will keep you informed regarding the evolution of the situation via Email.
Ioana D.: at 18:58:02
You will hear from me in 2-3
work days.
Rajesh: at 18:58:30
oh fine .. thank u in advance" :wink::wink::wink:

Udit Yadu

May 14, 2014
Visit site
As I wrote, my country's Microsoft Mobile support hotline. Due to privacy laws here I can't tell you who exactly I talked to.

According to Microsoft, all Lumias will receive the upgrade to Windows 10. For reference i.e. check the article "Microsoft: all Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices will be upgraded to Windows 10" by The Verge (sorry, can't post links here, I don't have enough posts yet).

IMHO those are not really obvious tests, because it seems that the issue affects users very differently. Like I stated in my previous post, your personal style of interacting with the touchscreen seems to matter a lot. In fact I can personally confirm this:
Both my girlfriend and me bought 535s in the same store at the same time, and she experiences nearly no issues with hers. So we swapped our phones for an hour recently, et voil?, I experience touch problems on hers, while she has none on mine! She looks over my shoulder, sees how the touchscreen on her 535 glitches badly for the first time, she takes it from me and asks "what did you try to type?", I tell her, she types the same words with WordFlow like I did, and there the words are, 100% correct - with no glitches whatsoever. That made go nuts!
So here I am, currently handing my 535 to my girlfriend when its touchscreen glitches once again, and watch very closely what she does different than I do, because it works almost every time. It happened only twice so far (over 7 days of trying) that one of our 535s misbehaved when she used it... I could definitely live with two minor glitches in a week! :unhappy:
I've noticed ssomething similar, whenever I try to use the wordflow keyboard with my thumb , it's rarely world the way it's supposed to do but when I use my index finger , it Is perfect (like my old 520)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani