Lumia 640 T-Mobile USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaverunningGeek

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Under $100? Not bad. The Walmart near me said they should have stock in 4 days. If that's the case, I can always return the 1520.

Last edited:

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure everyone read the front page by now.. I'm really disappointed that its july. That's close to when they announce new techs like Surface Pro 4, high end Lumias, possibly this years Microsoft Band, and new videogames by fall. I really cannot afford to upgrade another phone when I have to switch to Surface Pro 4 soon, so I may just have to wait until my 635 kicks in.

rell0614

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Glad I looked at this thread again before buying the 635. It feels like we've been waiting ages for this phone! Hopefully it does hit the Walmart stores soon because I'll definitely get one. My 8XT is a mess and I've never had a lumia, so the 640 would make a lovely 21st birthday present for myself :)

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't know who is at fault for the release fiasco of Windows Phones on Tmobile USA, ie Tmobile themselves or Microsoft but either way they may have cooked their goose so to speak. Microsoft can't survive on Windows Phone enthusiasts only if they want to even get near the 10% market share of their other markets. Regular customers are not going to put up with wondering how many months after a phone is announced it will be available when they can have a similarly priced android phone instead, especially considering how good the more inexpensive android phones are now.

The fact that Walmart may have them in the prepaid section much sooner speaks volumes of how TMobile views this phone. Still, if they get them in Walmart within the next week or so, I may still get one after all it's where I got the 521 well before TMobile itself had them in it's stores. Deja Vu as I said before...

WaverunningGeek

May 13, 2015
Visit site
It really all comes down to the execution of "Threshold" which is Microsoft's code name for the wave of W10 releases across devices. Their upcoming flagship phone is going to have to be able to compete on a feature level with the next iPhone, which means it needs to have Windows versions of ApplePay, Health, Continuity, Handoff, etc. Microsoft's "Continuum" feature is a good start.

WaverunningGeek

May 13, 2015
Visit site
When I spoke to Walmart today, they said there were:

0 units in stock
0 units in transit
0 units in the warehouse

SO it may be awhile...

In the meantime, my Lumia 1520 is in transit. Once it arrives, I have to see if AT&T will unlock it and if it supports Tmo LTE bands in my area. If everything goes smooth, I may just keep the 1520 since its a better overall phone.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I just left a south Florida Walmart that has an empty T-Mobile 640 hanger; the price was $99 something. Here is what the wireless manager told me; I don't vouch for its accuracy:

She has 4 on order and they should arrive within a week. She said they may be here in as little as a few days, and the order details says they are in stock at the supplying warehouse.

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm out.
Went with something else...
Maybe down the road I may get one.

Sorry T-Mo\Microsoft someone else got my money.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Myth Busted: The July thing was BS as I always suspected. The rep confused it with the 635 launch from a year ago. Based on the reports about Walmarts getting ready to launch, I'd say we're pretty close now
myth busted.PNG

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Someone in the comment section in the front page said he called TMo store, and they said it will be available on May 30th. That's 10 days from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maritku