Lumia 830 and Windows 10

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi Aaron, I'm on EE in the UK as well but my firmware version is different than yours, I think mine is newer. Mine is 02177.00000.15221.30006. I got it from the Windows Device Recovery Tool.
On Thursday, still on 8.1, I downloaded the Upgrade Advisor app and it told me there was an updgrade for my phone but it wasn't ready yet, so I installed the Windows Insider app and got into the insiders program on the Release Preview ring and installed W10. Then I connected my phone to the Device Recovery tool, to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 (because I wanted to get W10 when EE released it) and it told me there was a firmware update available.
So I installed the firmware update, then I got into the insiders program again and now I'm running the latest firmware and the latest software, as fas as I know.

Davis P B

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I updated my L830 to W10 a few days back. IMO, the L830 is still the best looking windows phone out there and with W10, it became all the more beautiful. It has been working perfectly for me. No visible difference in battery life. In fact, I feel it has improved a bit. Yes, a few times I have encountered the loading and resuming screens, but it is a non issue for me. Loving W10 on my L830.

vidyutt langer

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Update my Lumia 830 this Fri. No Major issues.. The update took the better part of the day.. After update havn't had any major issues till now. Except however for Steps app on Lock Screen. I am not able to get it back on the lock screen. Any body else has a solution for it.

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
insider preview
unlocked in Australia
Windows recovery tells me it is up to date

Last edited:

Rafa mbz

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
The camera app is garbage.
Takes too long to process and the image is washed.
If we can disable this post processing...

How can I put images on glance ?

levy shikukui

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
hands on experience it is superb ,apart from few issues which are normal ,I do use as my daily drive.on camera quality is good but feels abit saturated also take time to save,especial on reach capture mode.battery is ok.

bridder

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
For the most part I'm happy with W10M, I've previously been on the Insider Preview so had seen earlier builds but always rolled back to WP8.1 for one reason or another. Two things that are bugging the hell out of me are the screen blinking which still isn't fixed, certainly not for my CV GBIE 830 and screen tearing, I see the screen tearing on the start screen sometimes and also in Edge, I can stomach the screen tearing but that screen blinking is driving me nuts and it's everywhere, the start screen, in apps etc...

I have up voted a similar blinking screen issue in the feedback program, maybe we need a firmware update but I wish MS would fix it.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes, the blinking screen is absolutely most annoying, apart from some important to me apps not working. I think that I will go back to 8.1 on my L830, because soft/hard reset does not fix anything.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
In the process of fixing another problem, I decided to hard reset my device using the WDRT. That way I could get the latest AT&T firmware (.24047). I upgraded to W10 again but afterwards I switched to the Production Ring so I could stop receiving preview updates. At this point, there's not much difference between the preview and official version. Perhaps I'll join the preview program again if new builds provide significant changes.

mdshot10

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I was not really satisfied with the .164 preview build so I've decided to go back to 8.1 via WDRT and installed the Upgrade Advisor. I've tried updating my device to the official W10 version but it seems that it just installed the preview builds and now I am back at .164 build with no signs of improvement. Edge is so slow that I can't even tap on the links when I open a website and not every website loads pretty well.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Recent issue I observed was with Data Usage Settings. I Postpaid billing cycle changes 23 of every month. I had selected setting to restrict background data usage when I am near my limit. I was close to limit 2 days back. But on 23rd I was hoping that Data Usage resets. But it was still giving popup whole day that my data limit is crossed, disabling background data, hence weather/emails not updating.

But having used W10M for last 1 month, I don't feel like going back to WP8. I would stick with W10M waiting for further updates which could smoothen phones performance and issues observed.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Other than screen flashing, battery draining fast and sudden freezes, there's no other problem for me.

Unlocked Lumia 830 running W10M (Fast ring) build 10586.107.

Jason Gilbert

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
"Other than screen flashing, battery draining fast and sudden freezes, there's no other problem for me."

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander