Lumia 830 Bugs + Defects

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
After updating Denim, when returning from Lumia Camera app (v5) to start screen animation stutters. This is happening everytime and it doesn't matter if I use back or home button. Do you experience something similar?

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Then I'll have to do a hard reset... Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Oh, and @Marty89, will you please tell me if you have that viewfinder lag I was describing in this thread?

("Viewfinder for photos is laggy and it's stuttering now. I tried disabling living images, changing to full manual control, simplifying all... but no luck, the viewfinder does not provide a smooth image. This is not happening in video mode")

Butcz

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys. I have problems with my L830. I dont know if it's just me or it's phones fault... First of all, i noticed i've got lumia camera but not full version i mean i dont have the flash capture options. When i open the app it ask me to get lates firmware. But when i go to option to do auto update it says i have the latest version.... Second, when i play such a games as Brothers in Arms 3, GT Racing 2 or Rival Knights all those games have very bad optimalization i think. I mean the sound on menu of game and in game have lags, it stops, sometimes it looks like it had fps lags. The same problem is with games. The game is laging. The fps is droping down, if it was PC i would say the games have too much system requirements... But its mobile phone. I was watching this games on youtube, people were playing the same games on same lumia 830 and dont have such an issue. I dont have the latiest denim update yet. Do you think is sotfware problem? Or this games are just too good for this phone? Do you had some of those problems too? Or it's just problem of my single mobile phone?? Thank you for respond, i really dont know whats the problem of this. P.S. i did soft reset- doesnt fixed it.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I just sent mine in for a ton of stuck pixels. screen suddenly lit up with green dots after taking some photo's with a big red group of pixels right under the camera button. Tried the get them unstuck and it helped with a lot of the blue/green ones, but the red ones refused to disappear. A shame! Still have my NL630 as backup.

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Along with the many issues reported here I also have a problem with the screen rotation sticking in portrait mode (Rotation Lock off). At the same time as this the Motion Data/SensorCore stuff stops working!?! A restart fixes it - if a random reboot doesn't come along first. But that's the thing; I haven't manually restarted and haven't had a random restart in nearly 6 days. This is an all time high for me. Waiting to see what happens.

​So, is there a connection? Anyone else getting the screen rotation locked? Is SensorCore the culprit?

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Along with the many issues reported here I also have a problem with the screen rotation sticking in portrait mode (Rotation Lock off). At the same time as this the Motion Data/SensorCore stuff stops working!?! A restart fixes it - if a random reboot doesn't come along first.

​So, is there a connection? Anyone else getting the screen rotation locked? Is SensorCore the culprit?

I've had this happen once and only once. The symptoms were the same: I was stuck in portrait mode and the accelerometer was no longer being detected.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just received mine from Microsoft repair. Looks like they replaced the prototype RM-985 with an actually release version. The phone was sent in due to random restarts, haven't had one in the last 5 hours

bokchoy1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Just received mine from Microsoft repair. Looks like they replaced the prototype RM-985 with an actually release version. The phone was sent in due to random restarts, haven't had one in the last 5 hours
Would really appreciate any updates. I've had sporadic random restarts with the release model but 5 hours isn't uncommon at all.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Would really appreciate any updates. I've had sporadic random restarts with the release model but 5 hours isn't uncommon at all.

Well my current phone's revision is exactly the same as the previous one, plus it was the same variant. I am not sure if it was an actual hardware issue or Microsoft did not want me to have a prototype device :)

Either way, I will keep a watch on the reboot issue, my gut feeling....I would experience one in the next 24 hours. The real test would be after Microsoft releases Denim update for this model, as some of the folks here have mentioned that the reboots go away (also brings camera goodies). Not sure why Microsoft hasn't released Denim for unlocked variants

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, reboots are gone at least for me. 9 days without reboot so far.
Amazingly I haven't experience any reboots for sometime but there are other aspects of the phone that are buggy and annoying to say the least, compared to my to Ativ S (my best WP experience) and my 1020 the 830 has been the worst, waiting on the "real" Denim to see if any or all the quirks get sorted out... Skeptical, at this point yes.

Dimitrije Mitic

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Yep I will do it
Look, what I noticed is that some apps like facebook, messenger, lumia camera, flipboard etc. Sometimes continue to work in the background even though you didn't minimize them by pressing the windows key, but rather closing them by pressing the back key a few times. Anyway, when you're gonna put your phone away, press and hold the back button to make sure nothing apart from tje home screen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maritku