Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
do you have double tap to awake enabled ? how about glance/peek ?

I've both and i had to charge my battery in the afternoon and now it's near 20% (i know double tap/glance will kill battery but this is more than what i expected. i guess i'll turn it off)

No. I tried glance and I didn't find any use for it. I have those two things off. I haven't changed anything else regarding my phone usage

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
do you have double tap to awake enabled ? how about glance/peek ?

I've both and i had to charge my battery in the afternoon and now it's near 20% (i know double tap/glance will kill battery but this is more than what i expected. i guess i'll turn it off)
I have both double tap enabled and glance/peak and also am getting ridiculously good battery performance. love gdr2/amber, it's fantastic so far.

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

I found out that I a lot of apps accessing location services, plus I had enabled find my phone to periodically send location. A bit of cleanup in apps and turning off that one I, find my phone and things ate much better again.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I think Amber improved battery life for my 920 too. Right now I have 24 hrs of stand by with 39% left. I have wireless on, data connection off, glance on. Yesterday I drove for 4 hours and had 3G and Bluetooth on during the whole time. I also checked my email, browsed the web for 1 hour, checked the WPCentral app and some other apps a few times.

However a couple of days ago I was getting massive battery drain and I began to investigate the possible causes. I uninstalled Skype, Glance Background Beta and some other apps to no avail. The battery drain would continue. Then I remembered someone posted here that sometimes your email account can get stuck and cause massive battery drain. I deleted my Gmail account, added it back again, set it to check every 2 hours and my battery life has seen a major improvement ever since.

My advice to you if you have sudden battery drain: delete and add back your email amount. It only takes a couple of minutes and can lead to a major improvement in battery life

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
this is what annoys me most... after my l920 is fully charged i have to soft reset it and plug it again to fully charge it. if not it my battery would last much shorter. as it will not charge to its full capacity but system reports it as full and then starts to drain very fast.

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Did you check your background task application? It may also drain the battery charge.

what do you mean: check background task app? how do i do that?
this "problem" is with me ever since i bought l920 (i bought it on 05.2013) and thing is, this was actually a tip posted in this thread on how to prolong your battery life. :D

littlejay

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I think Amber improved battery life for my 920 too. Right now I have 24 hrs of stand by with 39% left. I have wireless on, data connection off, glance on. Yesterday I drove for 4 hours and had 3G and Bluetooth on during the whole time. I also checked my email, browsed the web for 1 hour, checked the WPCentral app and some other apps a few times.

However a couple of days ago I was getting massive battery drain and I began to investigate the possible causes. I uninstalled Skype, Glance Background Beta and some other apps to no avail. The battery drain would continue. Then I remembered someone posted here that sometimes your email account can get stuck and cause massive battery drain. I deleted my Gmail account, added it back again, set it to check every 2 hours and my battery life has seen a major improvement ever since.

My advice to you if you have sudden battery drain: delete and add back your email amount. It only takes a couple of minutes and can lead to a major improvement in battery life

My batter is draining in a couple of hours after the update. I'll try this. Thanks!

koreatownexile

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site

Excuse me, what is that app? (This is for a post a few pages back, unfortunately :)) I'm referring to the app with the switches at the bottom, and the graph of battery life over time (as well as a big percentage number at the top) ... sorry for the confusion

freshairr

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Excuse me, what is that app? (This is for a post a few pages back, unfortunately :)) I'm referring to the app with the switches at the bottom, and the graph of battery life over time (as well as a big percentage number at the top) ... sorry for the confusion

if you quote that image/post itll be easier for us to reply to you with what the app is.

Jack Larson1

May 18, 2013
Visit site
only about 30% drain today, gdr2 noticeably improved power consumption, even with glance and lte on.
haven't had a power drain post-update, but that's helpful advice, thanks!

Shodan_HR

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
this is the thing: when i unlplug my phone in the morning i get a massive drain (like this morning almost 30% drain in 15 min and all i did was cheking store, wpcental and facebok)... but then, i have replug it and reset it and now i get 0% drain in 3 hours?! as it wont, on first attempt, charge it completly. i repeat, this isssue is with me since the 05.2013
its not a big issue but its a pain in the *** for me to reset it every morning. then again, from time to time even though i charge my phone during the night, its not even charged completely when i check it up in the morning.
i dont think its a battery issue, rather a charging issue... or even power outlet or charger?
Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions somebody post in this thread something about charging with galaxy s4 charger as it has more power or somthing like that.... will try to find that post later.

littlejay

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
my battery was awful after the update. I finally found a tip to delete my email and add it back and it works like a champ now. it says 100% most of the day and can survive the night without draining completely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap