Lumia 928-May2/9 VERSUS Samsung Galaxy S4-May 30

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
@TCman Unfortunately, I may not have any choice but to order online. I have not met a store rep that will work with you in keeping unlimited data. If I order online I can keep my data intact.

Yeah when I upgraded to the 8x, that is who provided me the steps in keeping unlimited. I don't mind ordering the 928 online. Only negative is waiting a day or two more for shipment. If it goes up for pre-order than at least there is a chance I would have it on the 16th as everyone else who just walks into the store. Only other avenue is Best Buy, but I doubt they would have it day one.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
That's great TC. Have my game plan all set up. Any idea when the 928 will show on the website ? 12:01 am Thursday ? or later in the day ?

unfortunately it isn't available in Texas right now. I have checked and most stores in Dallas area will have them in stock. You can call cs and have them locate one in stock and they can call the store for you to hold the phone

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
that's where I picked up my day one 822. Price matched with Walmart Wireless' free price.

Will have to check then on day one. I don't remember them having the 8x day one. It was available to order, but wasn't in store yet. At least around here it wasn't that I could locate.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi- Anyone know if Costco will be carrying the 928 either on the 16th, or shortly thereafter? I'd consider waiting if it wasn't too long. If I recall correctly, whereas the Verizon stores charge you tax on the full retail price, Costco only taxes you on the $ amt you're paying. That can be a fair chunk of change...

(I don't mind digging a little to find out an answer, just thought someone in the know might have the answer handy...)

Thanks!

I had issues trying to get an 822 from Costco. No one who worked for them knew a anything about it, I couldn't find one in any stores at launch, and when I ordered online the order was delayed. I cancelled it and picked one up at Best Buy instead. Sadly, they I've never seen a Windows Phone in their coupons nor at the kiosk in the store.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Select Bestbuy stores will have them at D1. You can always have the CS notate your account to make sure reps don't play with your account. Be forward and let them know you would like to use your current sim (if you have a 4g device)

chrisbash

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Select Bestbuy stores will have them at D1. You can always have the CS notate your account to make sure reps don't play with your account. Be forward and let them know you would like to use your current sim (if you have a 4g device)

Any idea on red availability date?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I plan to pass my 822 to my wife, and pick up the 928. Is there a benefit for me to take the SIM from the 822 and put it into the 928, or does it matter? What do you mean by having CS notate the account to make sure reps don't play with the account?

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I plan to pass my 822 to my wife, and pick up the 928. Is there a benefit for me to take the SIM from the 822 and put it into the 928, or does it matter? What do you mean by having CS notate the account to make sure reps don't play with the account?

It doesn't matter. Some people here were concerned about their unlimited Data plan and activating the phone through your sim card will assure not is changed on your account. Your wife will need a new 4G sim card if she doesn't have her own. You can get a free sim card from Verizon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124